fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By fjordson
Eurogamer article

Bethesda Game Studios is already designing the game it will make after the one the team is currently working on - which itself has yet to be announced, executive producer Todd Howard has told Eurogamer.

While the majority of Bethesda's 90 or so staff are beavering away on the new game, which has been in development for two years, Howard said his time is split between the two projects.

"I spend a lot of my time on the game that's in pre-production, but the new game that's percolating takes the most of my time," he said in an interview with Eurogamer at QuakeCon.

Asked to confirm that he meant he was working on a second unannounced game, he said: "Right, so we're in production on the new game, and we have a design going for the one after that."

Howard said that the studio's current title will be announced soon, but he can't say exactly when. "I have a sense but we're not ready even to talk about [the timing of the announcement], because it might change. I don't want to disappoint people.

"One thing I can say is that from when you first hear about it to when it's out will be the shortest it's been for us. It's pretty far along. When we show it, we want to show a lot, because there's a lot of game there to play right now.

"You know, if [global VP of PR and marketing] Pete Hines came in and said, 'I want you to show it,' I'd be like, 'Okay, I'm ready to show it.' But we've just decided for now not to yet."

Howard wouldn't be drawn on many details about the game - thought to be a new Elder Scrolls title - but said the technology was derived from the engine that powered Fallout 3, albeit with significant modifications.
Elder Scrolls V? Todd? Please?
fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By fjordson

Duplicate topics. Well that's great.

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SilentCommando

If this isn't Elder Scrolls V, I'm gonna be pissed.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us
@SilentCommando said:
" If this isn't Elder Scrolls V, I'm gonna be pissed. "
Oh I do hope it is.
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By alistercat
@c1337us said:
" @SilentCommando said:
Oh I do hope it is. "
I really hope it is too.
DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By DXmagma

kinda hope it's not elder scrolls V. EVERY CHANCE HE GETS my friend badgers (yes badgers) me to play oblivion. it's gotten to the point where I'm just not gonna play it on principle. but a new IP would be welcomed.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aronman789
@SilentCommando said:

This, and if the books aren't considered part of the story, i'm going to be even more pissed, if i don't hear someone talking about  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
, i'lll be rip someone's head off.
Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Quacktastic

Does anyone else want them to ditch the Elder Scrolls leveling system? I like the games, so I'd play ES5 anyway, but I hope they do something different for character leveling and scaling enemies this time.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aronman789
@Quacktastic:  Well the scaling of Oblivion was crap because all the creatures were your level, but the leveling system of TES since Daggerfall has been logical, like your security skill goes up when you pick a lock, because its a skill for picking locks, so why would it level up when you kill something?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By natetodamax

Oh god, please be Elder Scrolls 5. Two games, one of them has to be Elder Scrolls 5.......... please.....

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Death_Unicorn
@AlisterCat said:
" @c1337us said:
" @SilentCommando said:
Oh I do hope it is. "
I really hope it is too. "
Please, let it be.
Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Cornman89
@Quacktastic said:
" Does anyone else want them to ditch the Elder Scrolls leveling system? I like the games, so I'd play ES5 anyway, but I hope they do something different for character leveling and scaling enemies this time. "
GOD YES. That's the only reason I gave up on Oblivion. Brilliant game, otherwise.
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#13  Edited By Sin4profit

I heard a rumor that Bethesda was working wih Id's rage engine...what i saw of the Rage engine i'd love for the second game to be ES5. Dunno what i'd want the first game to be with the outdated Fallout3 engine... Skynet 2?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Cincaid

Jebus, this can either be awesome news or really disappointing ones.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Quacktastic
@Aronman789 said:

" @Quacktastic:  Well the scaling of Oblivion was crap because all the creatures were your level, but the leveling system of TES since Daggerfall has been logical, like your security skill goes up when you pick a lock, because its a skill for picking locks, so why would it level up when you kill something? "

I get the pragmatic approach, I just don't like it when applied to actual gameplay.  Once I understood how the system worked there was always this urge to go back and min/max that I was contstantly fighting.  Maybe I just want a different design to save me from myself, but I'd enjoy general experience more than the ES system.  I think it would lend itself better to smoother and more adaptive gameplay -- even if it made less sense.
Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ignor

I enjoyed Morrowind far more than Oblivion (Morrowind being the first game in the series with an atypical fantasy world)
but I'm not unwilling to give Bethesda a second chance. Hopefully they've learned from past mistakes (i.e, giving their fans too much influence).
Let's see TESV!

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By MistaSparkle

I'm really hoping that one of them is ES:5, but I wonder which one. The one he is spending the most time on or...? Anyways, he said that one was very far along and that they are able to show a lot when the time comes. If anyone played ES:IV Oblivion, you know there was A LOT of content. This makes me hopefull for the outcome being ES:V. I'm excited!
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SilentCommando said:
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I would love to hear the excuse for NOT making a new ES.

"yeah we have this totally new IP that everyone will love" meanwhile, all the fans of Bethesda walk out and leave the room.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aronman789
@Quacktastic said:
" @Aronman789 said:

" @Quacktastic:  Well the scaling of Oblivion was crap because all the creatures were your level, but the leveling system of TES since Daggerfall has been logical, like your security skill goes up when you pick a lock, because its a skill for picking locks, so why would it level up when you kill something? "

I get the pragmatic approach, I just don't like it when applied to actual gameplay.  Once I understood how the system worked there was always this urge to go back and min/max that I was contstantly fighting.  Maybe I just want a different design to save me from myself, but I'd enjoy general experience more than the ES system.  I think it would lend itself better to smoother and more adaptive gameplay -- even if it made less sense. "
I understand how you feel, going through morrowind for the first time, i ended up with 100 everything because of that trainer glitch and it just kinda ruined it for me, but i kinda just learned that in TES you gotta take shit slow and focus on the class skills you got, because otherwise, whats the point of your class? but i'm not sure if Bethesda is going to stick with that way of leveling, seeing as how F3 was so popular, i can see them doing a leveling system like that one inorder to make it more "friendly", and i bet lots of F3 fans will check it out just because they think it will be great due to it being Bethesda, and TES leveling might confuse some of them 

also, if TES V isn't in summerest isle or black marsh i will be severely disappointed