Biggest piece of misinformation you've heard someone say.

• 105 results
Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By Moonshadow101

My literal answer is this.

I overheard a conversation last year...

Person 1: "There's this character in the book, who'se basically a stand-in for... umm.. Who was that really famous traitor guy from the revolutionary war?" (Note: Correct answer is "Benedict Arnold")

Person 2: "Napolean Bonaparte."

Person 1: "Yeah, him. Well..."

Conversation continued without missing a beat. I later heard them laughing, and like to think they were laughing because they realized it, but I don't really know.

My less literal answer is Brad comparing Pacific Rim to Evangelion on the last bombcast. Graphically? Sure. Thematically? Uh... maybe the first half of Evangelion. You should probably read a bit about the rest. Evangelion's back end is less about giant robots and more about crippling loneliness and the consequences of child abuse.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@sanity said:

Was going to buy a TV a few years ago and was in a Sears, was basically decided on what i wanted and just needed the guy to ring it up as it was a Christmas sale on a decent Samsung LCD, he promptly came over and went into this talk about how these new TV's fail easier and that they usually die in a few years to try and sell me a warranty, i told him i have LCD screens that are older then that and they still work fine, then told him he lost a sale because he was being a ass and went to a Walmart and bought the same TV for a few bucks more without that bullshit. I hate places that push warranty's down your throat.

You have to understand that it is their job. Especially at places where they are not commission based. I don't mind if they ask once, but when they keep trying to get you to buy a warranty is when I walk away. Just like all the kids at GameStop that ask if you want to reserve a game, you have to be aware that they have a quota they need to meet and it does reflect on them. I don't agree with the pushing, but I understand it.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dennisthemennis said:

"Mission Accomplished." Or really anything from dubyah.

The "Mission Accomplished" was stating NATO defeated Saddam's military, which did happen.

Yeah that's a fair point. I guess that would be more in the category of "stupid thing to announce" than outright misinformation. Honestly it was hard to tell with George sometimes.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Sanity

@tycobb said:

@sanity said:

Was going to buy a TV a few years ago and was in a Sears, was basically decided on what i wanted and just needed the guy to ring it up as it was a Christmas sale on a decent Samsung LCD, he promptly came over and went into this talk about how these new TV's fail easier and that they usually die in a few years to try and sell me a warranty, i told him i have LCD screens that are older then that and they still work fine, then told him he lost a sale because he was being a ass and went to a Walmart and bought the same TV for a few bucks more without that bullshit. I hate places that push warranty's down your throat.

You have to understand that it is their job. Especially at places where they are not commission based. I don't mind if they ask once, but when they keep trying to get you to buy a warranty is when I walk away. Just like all the kids at GameStop that ask if you want to reserve a game, you have to be aware that they have a quota they need to meet and it does reflect on them. I don't agree with the pushing, but I understand it.

Oh i do, but he was really being a dick about it, at Walmart they ask you and thats the end of it, but start trying to talk me into it and i just walk the hell away. I realize they love warranty's because its gravy money but they dont have to make shit up to sell them.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

I remember overhearing a conversation by some school kids on a bus. It went something like this:

Kid 1: Have you seen the new Korean guy at our school?

Kid 2: No, is he black?

Kid 1: No, he's Chinese.

That's some misinformation right there.

HAHAHA thank you for the laugh.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

When people try to convince others that they should try to play Dragon Age 2 because it's anything but a steaming pile of garbage. See it fairly often.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My satirical answer is Brad comparing Pacific Rim to Evangelion on the last bombcast. Graphically? Sure. Thematically? Uh... maybe the first half of Evangelion. You should probably read a bit about the rest. Evangelion's back end is less about giant robots and more about crippling loneliness and the consequences of child abuse.

I laughed at this part then got really confused when they started pronouncing Evangelion 5 different ways. I just started the series after seeing Pacific Rim (wanted more giant mechs in my life).