Bill Maher doubles down on Stan Lee Comments

This topic is locked from further discussion.

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bill-maher-outrage-stan-lee-comments-proves-my-point-1163378

I get the feeling he has the same opinion of adult video gamers. He probably sees them as man-children, which is the reason why I rarely mention my favorite hobby in mixed company.

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bill Maher likes to be loud, I just ignore him... He's probably is still feeling sad from his lousy performance in House 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5f33a6b34f9
deactivated-5d5f33a6b34f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bill Maher is trash and has always been. Politically Incorrect was an interesting show but fuck that attention seeking douche.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SethMode

@berfunkle: While I agree with the sentiment that there are a lot of reasons to be skittish about mentioning gaming as a hobby (the community often doesn't do itself any favors), it's really not worth it to worry what an out-of-touch jackass like Maher thinks on just about anything anymore. I have never really been a fan of his, but of late he sounds essentially just like a shitty family member or someone from your hometown that just spews hateful rhetoric to anyone that will listen.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mention whatever hobbies you enjoy to mixed company whenever appropriate because anyone who is shitty about them isn't someone you have to give a shit about.

Bill Maher, for instance.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@efesell said:

Mention whatever hobbies you enjoy to mixed company whenever appropriate because anyone who is shitty about them isn't someone you have to give a shit about.

Yeah, I'm pretty open about games or whatever when it comes up. But honestly, if it's with people that don't care about games and it doesn't come up in conversation, I'm not gonna push a debate about Microsoft's studio acquisitions. I'll talk about something more relatable to that crowd.

If they tease me about games and roll their eyes, it's fine and we'll chuckle. If they're shitty about it, then I'll just shrug.

peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bill Maher is trash

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Bill Maher suckkkksssssssss tho

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m just glad that Bill Maher could take some time away from his big boy books to let us know how he feels about something that literally could not have less to do with him and tell people that they are not allowed to be sad about the death of a nice old man who’s creativity and imagination brought joy to a lot of people.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bill Maher quadruples down on being a shit fuck.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By BladeOfCreation

Bill Maher has spent decades speaking in front of a camera to an audience. His apparent lack of belief in the power of words and stories to have an impact on peoples' lives is not, as he seems to think, a condemnation of Stan Lee.

It is, however, a scathing indictment of Bill Maher.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@csl316 said:
@efesell said:

Yeah, I'm pretty open about games or whatever when it comes up. But honestly, if it's with people that don't care about games and it doesn't come up in conversation, I'm not gonna push a debate about Microsoft's studio acquisitions. I'll talk about something more relatable to that crowd.

Starting conversations with people about topics they have no interest is different than just the other duders saying its okay to mention gaming is a hobby.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

What I was saying is, a culture that thinks that comic books and comic book movies are profound meditations on the human condition is a dumb fucking culture. And for people to get mad at that just proves my point.

Bill Maher: *says dumb thing*

Everyone: No, that's dumb

Bill Maher: THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT NERD

Didn't he end that original post by relating it back to Trump? As if adults liking comic books and comic book movies was somehow at all related to motherfucking Trump getting elected.

That's some grade A irrational shit. It's almost impressively stupid.

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bill Maher is a self righteous prick and genuine bigot who frequently goes on anti-Muslim tirades. I remember trying to watch his documentary Religulous and it's one of the smuggest most insufferable things I've ever seen. Take pleasure in knowing that Maher is an out of touch Baby Boomer asshole who is quickly becoming less and less culturally relevant and saying outlandish shit is his only way to stay in his increasingly shrinking spotlight.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#16 sweep  Moderator

I don't know who this dude is but it seems like he's in the same camp as Piers Morgan; his whole career depends on him being as obnoxious as possible just to provoke a reaction. He's a professional troll. "Obnoxious prick says something obnoxious" is not news, and by talking about it here we're merely giving him the attention he so desperately craves.

Nah, not today.