California Extreme 2013

robocoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Apologize if there's already a thread for this, but I looked for one and could find it.

It's been a totally surreal week on the site to be sure. Ryan's passing hit me harder than I would have thought something like this would. I never met the guy, but spent many hours with him through the years watching On The Spot, listening to the Bombcast, GB videos, etc. On top of that, he was pretty much exactly the same age as me (a couple months difference), so naturally you start thinking about your own mortality and how quickly and suddenly something like this can happen. I know the site will never be the same and I'll for sure miss him around here and on the podcast.

With all that said, it seems that the talk on California Extreme 2013 has been pretty light (and understandably so), but it is happening this weekend (7/13 and 7/14). I've never been before, but from all the talk on the site in years past about it, I've been excited to check it out for years and this was the year I got clearance from my wife to check it out (and "abandon" my two young daughters for an afternoon).

So who else is going? Any interest in a GB meet up to pour one out for Ryan? Maybe at Bennigan's over some Monte Cristo sandwiches?

http://www.caextreme.org/cax2012

ThePiePieper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Robo, i'm in tha same boat. It more than happy to join some fellow GB fans to pour one out.