• 69 results
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#51  Edited By Vinny_Says

Once, it was a few months ago (2010) I took off a day from work, MY ONLY DAY EVER, to play the hot new release called: GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFIGHTER 2....

no joke, I even went to the midnight release of MW2 and still hauled my ass to work 8 hours later.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By harinosho

took a couple of days off to play super street fighter 4. some guys at work followed my example.

Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Bones

I always take time off for big releases. Halo 3, Halo Reach, MW2 and will be for Black Ops

People go on holiday to play golf so why not take holidays to play video games?

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By kagato

Because of the way games are releasd in the UK (Thursday at midnight) ill quite often take the remainder of a week off to play whatever game is coming out, tooks days off to play Gears 2 when it launched and took days off for Street Fighter 4.  The only time i take a full week is for E3 or Tokyo game show so i can stay up until stupid oclock to watch the events as they happen live streaming.

Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Bones
@kagato said:
" Because of the way games are releasd in the UK (Thursday at midnight) ill quite often take the remainder of a week off to play whatever game is coming out, tooks days off to play Gears 2 when it launched and took days off for Street Fighter 4.  The only time i take a full week is for E3 or Tokyo game show so i can stay up until stupid oclock to watch the events as they happen live streaming. "
All of the games I mentioned were released on Tuesday... Sorry that me being pedantic. 

Yes the UK release schedule makes it easier to take days off
xtiara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By xtiara
@Wasara88: It's more like that it can be generalized to any hobbies really. If I told you that I took a week off school to post on a games forum, most people would most likely scoff and ask if I couldn't have done it on the weekend, or any other spare time really. It's not a bad thing that only applies to gaming, it applies to everything. Grown-ups should understand that if you take things in moderation, it gets a lot more enjoyable. I can understand why a primary school kid would love to take a week off school for gaming, but when you're a full-grown adult, you should understand priorities better.
Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Wasara88
@xtiara: Well that true,but i think you misunderstood my point. I was addressing to the people who said that using your free time to play games is stupid. The way people spend their free time and use their paid vacation days is their bussines,but when they actually stop showing up work when they are supposed to then a line has been crossed,but i honestly don't think that someone really does that.
unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By unchained
@FourWude said:
" That man who took a week off should be ashamed of himself and YOU too.   It's as if he's spitting in the eyes of everyone who is unemployed and in the current economic climate it's nigh on distateful. Sickening is, what it is. "
Horseshit.  So because I'm gainfully employed as a police officer and am entitled to 4 weeks off a year, it is a slap in the face to the unemployed to use that leave as I see fit? 

I don't want to spend crazy amounts of money to go on some cruise or to some tourist thing. I want to spend my time off doing what I love, playing games. I've taken weeks off for the release of several games and will continue to do so.
Mono_Listo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Mono_Listo

I never have, truthfully. I thought long and hard about it when World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade was about to launch, but, well, I was pretty much responsible for the technical operation of a data center and couldn't do it. 

I have to admit though, in my new engineering job, I am thinking real hard about taking a few days off for Wow: Cataclysm. I have so many PAL hours built up I will never get back that I should go ahead and use them.

Though, working several hours a day will still be unavoidable even if I take the day off. That's the sacrifice you make to earn high wages working IT in the USA today.

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Wasara88
@Unchained: thank you good sir
Avatar image for deactivated-592be1c2327fc
deactivated-592be1c2327fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have scheduled nine days off work from the beginning of November just to play Fallout New Vegas.

When the last Fallout came out, I didn't clean my house, cook, go out or do anything except go to work, sleep or play Fallout 3.

That was a weird time, so this time, I figured i had better just take a week off.                                       

This could be a good poll.

junkrebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By junkrebel

I have never done this, and most likely never will. It's such a good feeling coming home from work with a new game to play and you can spend the evening playing it knowing you've earned it.

CrimsonGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CrimsonGhost

I've never actually taken the time off specifically for vids, but I have been legitimately sick and then "slow in recovery" if you catch my drift ;)

Avatar image for just_nonplussed
just_nonplussed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By just_nonplussed
@Sparklykiss said:
I've also skipped out on a date to play the likes of Dark Cloud and MapleStory.

oh man, where are your priorities..? lol.
sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By sparklykiss
@just_nonplussed said:
" @Sparklykiss said:
I've also skipped out on a date to play the likes of Dark Cloud and MapleStory.
 oh man, where are your priorities..? lol. "
That's a good question... Haha.
Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Druminator

I usually take the day off when something I want comes out like COD or GTA. Just one day though, can't go a whole week, I need money.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Brunchies

I've never done that and will hopefully never do it. 

Eisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By Eisen

I work from a home office.  I don't feel inclined to really take any time off unless I'm going out of state.  Even on my days off at home it feels like I'm still at work.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By kalmis

Sure, done it couple of times. When I GTA IV was out changed my Out of Office text to something like. "I will be visiting Liberty City and won't be available". Wife and colleagues think its cute, but heck I do what I wish with my time.