Did i miss something regarding my premium membership?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Canteu

So am I crazy, or did they use Jar Time as this weeks friday premium content?

Unless i missed something and this isn't true, I find this an unacceptable cop out. Jar time was never out on a friday and was always just a random thing that showed up every month or so.

Could you really not think of ANYTHING to do?

Not a single thing at all?

And a TNT of almost a year old game. Come on guys.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

Yup, been a disappointing week

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JasonR86

I've said this before but I feel ok with my membership because I'm happy supporting the site. But the extra content sucks.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SuperWristBands

Do they even do premium Friday content every week? I honestly can't recall :p

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By murisan

+1 for it was a lazy week

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Blastroid

No ads

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By murisan

@Blastroid said:

No ads

If that was all I wanted, I'd just turn on adblockplus.

MikeW1980UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikeW1980UK
wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wjb

I didn't know Friday live-stream was a mandatory weekly thing; I thought they just did shit if they had the time and a decent idea.

Fair enough, but I'm not complaining. Six months ago, we would've had a TNT that lasted an hour, zero premium content on Friday, and no weekend Quick Looks.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nightriff

@SuperWristBands said:

Do they even do premium Friday content every week? I honestly can't recall :p

Friday is the day they typically do something but did nothing this week

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 29

#11  Edited By fistfulofmetal

I do at times get tired of the excuse "there's nothing out" for why the content is light. There are always games out. Always. Play something dumb and cheap. Play something that's a year or two old. Just play something and record it.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By murisan

@Fistfulofmetal said:

I do at times get tired of the excuse "there's nothing out" for why the content is light. There's always games out. Always. Play something dumb and cheap. Play something that's a year or two old. Just play something and record it.

I'm never NOT tired of hearing that. They might as well say, "we're feeling lazy this week, and nothing really interesting is coming out anyway, so there's not gonna be much content, guys. Don't expect anything."

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By abendlaender

Didn't they at one point show on ILM that Patrick bought every Jurassic Park game and said they are going to do something with it? Did I dream that? Anyway, now seems like the perfect time to do something stupid.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PulledaBrad

Buncha goddamn whiners.

http://jeffgerstmann.tumblr.com/post/36832376053/im-guessing-it-was-a-busy-week-this-week-with-the

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Canteu

@PulledaBrad: So, on the website that i pay money for, I am not provided this information? I am expected to go to an alternative source, to recieve information regarding the website, that i pay money for. I'm supposed to use another website, like twitter for example, to hear opinions and events from the staff. Not on the website, that they run, that i pay for.

Hmm.

edit: non premium member, chiming in on a premium member issue. Makes sense.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#16  Edited By BeachThunder

I just want some more Spookin :( Even if it is just Spookin' in the office with Drew.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PillClinton

I see where you're coming from, bet eh, I just can't get riled about it. I don't know, it just really doesn't bother me very much.

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Blastroid

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

Do they make cryblock?

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fistfulofmetal

@PulledaBrad said:

Buncha goddamn whiners.

http://jeffgerstmann.tumblr.com/post/36832376053/im-guessing-it-was-a-busy-week-this-week-with-the

Why wouldn't they surface that information on the site so we can know? I don't follow Jeff on Tumblr or any of the crew on Twitter. Put up a quick article saying "Hey, stuff broke, we're gonna be light on content"

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#20  Edited By BeachThunder

@Blastroid said:

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

Do they make cryblock?

I heard that will be the next game after Crysis 3.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nightriff

@BeachThunder said:

I just want some more Spookin :( Even if it is just Spookin' in the office with Drew.

Please no, they have depended on that for 2 full months and it is terrible, they need more variation.

dr_ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dr_ryan

yeah its been slim for a bit, but I don't regret my membership at all. Hell my yearly just renewed today. I've been here for a year now as a premium subscriber, and i've loved every minute of it.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JasonR86

@PulledaBrad said:

Buncha goddamn whiners.

We payed for a product, didn't get it, and we're told we are whining. Awesome. If shit is broke tell the people who payed for the membership so that they realize that shit's broke. Keep us in the loop. That way we would be more likely to keep paying for the membership.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PulledaBrad

@Canteu said:

@PulledaBrad: So, on the website that i pay money for, I am not provided this information? I am expected to go to an alternative source, to recieve information regarding the website, that i pay money for. I'm supposed to use another website, like twitter for example, to hear opinions and events from the staff. Not on the website, that they run, that i pay for.

Hmm.

Ex premium member. Not renewing because Im unhappy with the way things are. Make sense now? FFS.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By murisan

@Blastroid said:

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

Do they make cryblock?

Hurrdurr. I'm not crying, I'm agreeing with OP.

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blastroid

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

Do they make cryblock?

[THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN REMOVED BY CRYBLOCK®]

Cool it worked

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JasonR86

@PulledaBrad said:

@Canteu said:

Hmm.

Ex premium member. Not renewing because Im unhappy with the way things are. Make sense now? FFS.

Then why the fuck did you decide to play devil's advocate here if your behavior coincides with what the OP was saying?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Canteu

To be clear, I'm not whining that there's no content or whatever. I would just really like to know why in advance. They get my money, least they could do is tell me there's gonna be shit all for a week or whatever.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Grillbar

complaint complaint complaints.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jace

@JasonR86 said:

@PulledaBrad said:

@Canteu said:

Hmm.

Then why the fuck did you decide to play devil's advocate here if your behavior coincides with what the OP was saying?

Because he wants you to know how deep he is.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PulledaBrad

@JasonR86 said:

@PulledaBrad said:

Buncha goddamn whiners.

We payed for a product, didn't get it, and we're told we are whining. Awesome. If shit is broke tell the people who payed for the membership so that they realize that shit's broke. Keep us in the loop. That way we would be more likely to keep paying for the membership.

Yep. When the OP's complaint is that they didnt get a Friday livestream and instead got premium content, I will indeed call those people whiners. Nothing was promised to be live streaming on Friday, so don't get pissy when nothing is on.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By murisan

@Canteu said:

To be clear, I'm not whining that there's no content or whatever. I would just really like to know why in advance. They get my money, least they could do is tell me there's gonna be shit all for a week or whatever.

AHMAGAHD THIS IS TOTALLY WHINING

But really, if there were tons of problems (as referenced on Jeff's Tumblr) why not post a 3 minute iPhone vid saying such? Or just make a forum post? That's really all it takes.

EDIT: I'm not interested in following all of the crew on all of their social media just to find out what's going on with a site I subscribe to for entertainment.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Canteu

@Grillbar: Paying customers aren't allowed to complain for non receipt of goods? Pretty sure that's what the business consumer relationship is all about.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TruthTellah

Didn't the huge Wii U Launch livestream count as this week's big feature? Sure it wasn't premium-only, but as far as Giant Bomb goes, that's a pretty big task. It's like when premium content is pretty light the week of the Big Live Live Show Live.

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fistfulofmetal

@Canteu said:

Agree'd. I'm not going to stop paying for a membership but I feel they should be doing a better job at communicating things to their userbase.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@Canteu said:

Hmm.

They do this a lot and it was a pretty big reason why I stopped renewing. It took a good month for someone to say that they didn't have an actual video camera in the office when they moved, and it was still only an offhand comment.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MOAB

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

why would you ever turn it off?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AlexW00d

@Blastroid said:

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

@murisan said:

@Blastroid said:

No ads

Do they make cryblock?

[THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN REMOVED BY CRYBLOCK®]

Cool it worked

Possibly the most immature post I have ever witnessed.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Animasta

I love how, whenever there's a slow week, people create threads about it. Like come on guys sometimes there are slow weeks get over it gosh

ALSO I'M A HIGHER RANKING PREMIUM MEMBER THAN YOU SO I SUPPOSE THAT MEANS I HAVE AUTHORITY OR SOMETHING.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JasonR86

@Rmack said:

@Canteu said:

Hmm.

They do this a lot and it was a pretty big reason why I stopped renewing. It took a good month for someone to say that they didn't have an actual video camera in the office when they moved, and it was still only an offhand comment.

Yeah, I get the impression that the team just assumes that the fanbase will be there regardless of how much they let the audience know what's going on. A simple e-mail newsletter to premium members would fix so much of this. They need to stop assuming things and thinking they can just skate by with what they are doing. It reminds me of the whole 'journalism ethics' discussion on the Bombcast. The logic, "Take it or leave it but here we are" reminds me of the logic of a person plugging his ears and singing "lalalalala" when criticism is made. I get what they were saying there but I think that attitude is emblematic of the bigger issue; they are fine with the status quo. In this thread's case, they are fine with keeping premium members in the dark and will just assume that those members will keep giving them money for doing the same thing over and over.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By handlas

moar spookin.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TyCobb

I still want to know if the below was ever true. They still use it to try and get people to buy memberships. It's why I bought and then was saddened when I realized that premium content was few and far between.

No Caption Provided
Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Blastroid

They have a coming soon section also we have the ability on any internet device to see if new content exists or not. I am sure if they provided us even more communication it would still not stop such posts.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MikkaQ

I don't get the people saying they shouldn't need to follow the staff on twitter or tumblr to stay current. . Like come on welcome to 5 years ago, this is how the internet works now. I don't believe that you care enough to pay 60 a year but not enough to check twitter once or twice a week, that doesn't add up.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ripelivejam

@Grillbar said:

complaint complaint complaints.

giantbomb.com

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JasonR86

@MikkaQ said:

I don't get the people saying they shouldn't need to follow the staff on twitter or tumblr to stay current. . Like come on welcome to 5 years ago, this is how the internet works now. I don't believe that you care enough to pay 60 a year but not enough to check twitter once or twice a week, that doesn't add up.

I follow Jeff, Ryan, Brad, Vinny, and the official Giantbomb twitter account. I had no idea that shit was broken.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By murisan

@MikkaQ said:

I don't use Twitter. GASP. I don't see the point of it. I subscribe to GiantBomb.com, not to twitter.com/jeffgerstmann (and all of the rest of the crew) or whatever his username is there

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TyCobb

@MikkaQ said:

Some of us do not use those services. To this day, I have never had MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, etc. account. If something is related to the site that could be of some importance to its members, it should be on the site.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Animasta

@murisan said:

@MikkaQ said:

I don't use Twitter. GASP. I don't see the point of it. I subscribe to GiantBomb.com, not to twitter.com/jeffgerstmann (and all of the rest of the crew) or whatever his username is there

you can, even though you are not a twitter user, STILL GO to jeff's twitter and see if there is a reason why the content is slow if you care THAT much.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By wjb

@TyCobb: I'm okay with the content they've put out lately, but yeah, that is really disingenuous to someone who isn't familiar with GB. Every day? Pfft.