do game demos count as one of your favorite games

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4d7a7828358
deactivated-5f4d7a7828358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I'm sorry for a lame question fellow gamers if this question is stupid or dumb but this question just came to me if you ever like an example then i gladly give one like for an example Final Fantasy 8 demo on PC is one of my favorite games even though the full version of Final Fantasy 8 for PlayStation 1 is one of my favorite games too as well.

So the main question is Fellow gamers do game demos count as one of your favorite games if any of the demos is one of your favorite games?

And i was just wondering and when i say game demos i mean any game demos if they are one of your favorite games and including the full version of the game too as well not just the game demos that's why ask do they count or can they count as one of your favorite games or game demos don't count as one of your favorite games thanks for reading and thanks for giving me your opinions :).

And don't worry if i thought of anything else to add to this question i will if i have anymore and if i choose to i will and I'm sorry for this question being brief i don't know how to explain farther of what I'm trying to ask sorry thanks again you guys and yes you too girl gamers and woman gamers :)

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

The Pac-Man Championship Edition DX demo, because what it offers is really all the Pac-Man I need.

DasBoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't know if I'd think to list it as a favorite game but I played the Metal Gear Solid demo you could get from Pizza Hut about a million times.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TruthTellah

I played the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo a few dozen times. It was pretty amazing.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Just Cause 2 demo was all I ever needed. I played that for years always having a blast. But when I finally bought the game, I only played for a couple hours before I stopped caring.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played about 18 hours of the Bravely Default demo.

I don't know if I'd consider it one of my favorites games, but I would consider it one of my favorite demos.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By DeadpanCakes

That Stanley Parable demo was pretty rad.

Also, the Just Cause 2 demo. I had that thing installed on my ps3 for so long.

Oh, and I remember hesitantly trying the Bastion demo, and buying it immediately after the narrator commented on me bashing boxes for minutes straight. That was pretty memorable.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Teoball

I played a ton of the Battlefield 1942 demo. Wake Island was all I needed really, but I also played a lot of the whole game.

ramagamma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Sure if you can count the Net Yaroze demo disc that came with the Officail Playstation Magazine in the UK, I mean most Yaroze games were pretty garbage but it was cool to get games made by people in their bedroom on the PS1 especially on the one magazine cover disc they had which contained like 90 games.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ravelle

I enjoyed the demo of Alien Versus Predator 2 more than the full game.

I also played the Destrega demo I got on those playstation demo discs to death.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#11  Edited By Slag

I don't see why not. They are usually part of a full game afterall.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Yeah the MGS demos were amazing. Also the PS1 demo had Japanese voice acting so it was pretty different.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By TheHT

Max Payne 1 demo, Hitman 2 demo, Half-Life Day One, Battlefield 1942 demo, Unreal Tournament demo, Worms Armageddon demo, Undying demo, Virtua Cop demo, NeverHood, that Jurrasic Park RTS, DOOM, Duke Nukem 1 and 2, Raptor, Commander Keen, Sango Fighter. Man, there's probably way more too.

When I was a kid exploring the internet one of the big things I'd do is find whatever demos I could since games were expensive, and I found a lot. Before that it was shareware floppys and one sick demo CD-ROM full of em. Maybe around the time of the PS2 did I stop playing a lot of demos. Speaking of Playstation, I also have a shitload of Playstation Magazine demo discs.

Yeah, demos were definitely a huge part of my childhood. I think you can totally count em among your favourite games.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By RonGalaxy

Demos are something I would rank separately to full games. An example of why I would do this is Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. The demo for that game is pretty fucking rad and I played it a shit load of times. The full game, however, leaves a lot to be desired. Another example would be the Arkham Asylum demo. Demo for that game was pretty bad and made me avoid the game (and it caused previews for the game to be poor). The final product, however, was astounding.

Best demo of all time is probably the quake 3 demo.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15 chaser324  Moderator

I played the hell out of the Doom shareware version, MGS2 demo, and the demo for the most recent SSX. I'd definitely count them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The Mirror's Edge demo (which is the first level) is awesome.

The second level of Mirror's Edge undoes everything.

You see that game and you're like MAN I WANT TO JUMP ACROSS THESE BLINDING WHITE SKYSCRAPERS ALL DAY LONG and the second fucking level sends you directly to dark, dingy sewers. Hella stupid.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Crackdown demo was great, it had infinite time unless you leveled up one skill past 2. It was great to have a huge area unlocked and to see the the rest of the amazing looking city in the distance just teasing you.

I also put a ton of time into the Unreal Championship 2 demo, the fact it has its own DVD case and sleeve art is great.

Although I would obviously pick the full versions over the demos, those two are definitely my top 2

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

The Stanley Parable Demo was better than the full game. So I'd say sure.

WholeFunShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#19  Edited By WholeFunShow

I played the demo for Fahrenheit AKA Indigo Prophecy before the game and it did a fantastic job of selling it to people such as me, though I don't doubt many would find it as pretentious as consensus holds Quantic Dream to be. Essentially it's the opening Diner segment in it's entirety (one of the better sequences) with an ingame "I PISS ON YOUR FOURTH WALL!" by an ingame David Cage. As much as I enjoyed the full game, the demo's comparative beginning middle and end worked better for me and I replayed it compulsively until my first opportunity to pay full price for the full game... huh, it's weird reflecting that this was back when I still relied on brick and mortar game shops. Agreed with everyone saying Stanley Parable too, I think that deserves it's own entry here it's so different.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think so. A lot of games I played on Playstation, at least early on, were demos on Playstation Underground discs. I played a lot of Tony Hawk that way.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I played the Red Faction: Guerrilla demo over and over and over again. I might have actually enjoyed it more than the full game, simply because in the demo I could focus entirely on blowing everything up.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#22 fisk0  Moderator

During the shareware era in the early 90's there were plenty of games I only played the demo/shareware versions of but couldn't find the full versions until they started appearing on GOG in the past 5 years or so.

Blake Stone, Skyroads, Wolfenstein 3-D and Monster Bash are some of the games I've only really finished the shareware episodes of.

One game I really liked the demo for, more so than the full game, was Carmageddon II, since it had one of the large city racing maps for you to roam around in, with no hints of the terrible objective levels from the full game.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil May Cry's demo was my jam once I got my hands on it when Code Veronica came out. I played it every day for a few solid weeks, and loved that they left some stuff out. Damn near had a heart attack the first time that lava spider boss showed up.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Depends. For example the demo for Half Life was amazing and is nothing like the actual game. So I can, in that case, see how someone would say it's one of their favorite games.

If it's just a snippet of the full game, though, no I don't see how that counts as it's the same game with parts removed.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

That The Stanley Parable demo was pretty damn amazing...

I remember playing a demo for Freedom Fighters on some PS2 demo disc a thousand times, though. Something about the way it effortlessly made strategy easy yet still really deep clicked with me. Helped that I was able to try tons of different approaches to that mission even in the demo. Probably put just as many hours into that as I did the full game.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The demo for Future Cop LAPD contained not only the first level of the main game but also the entire multiplayer mode including a map that wasn't in the final game it was awesome!

xite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shareware Doom is a classic, and it's arguably the best episode in the game too. It even has a couple of differences from the full release to set it apart.

The Battlefield 2 demo was incredible as well. I spent the entire night just playing the Gulf of Oman map with my cousin the week it came out. The full game never ran as well as the demo on my machine, either.