Do you do everything in an open world/non linear game?

• 56 results
kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Poll Do you do everything in an open world/non linear game? (157 votes)

Always 10%
Only if the extra content is fun/ worth it 41%
Sometimes 29%
Never 20%
I don't play open world games 1%

So as I been playing a lot of open world games lately, I found out that I have a problem. I do everything there is. I don't know why, I just feel I have to. I am also a person that did everything in Watch_Dogs, and I think that game has some of the worst side activities. But I feel I have to, not because of trophies, but it feels like an accomplishment. Or maybe it is the trophies, I can't tell anymore. Am I alone here, do you guys just do some stuff and the main story, or do you try to do everything?

• 
FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

If I like the game, then sure. I can do miscellaneous stuff for a few hours. Maybe not every little thing, but I do what I can without putting in too much effort.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By LisaTiffany

It really depends on the game, with past GTA games I went after all of the hidden packages but in 5 I've not gone looking for all of the car parts or even the peyote. In games like Skyrim and Dragon Age Inquisition I'd go straight for all of the story missions and concentrate on side quests only. I even found with Shadow of Mordor that I was skipping story missions and only hunting Orcs, I'm sure the story was good but the nemesis system was the real draw. When it comes to most games it's the collectibles and side quests I go for first, they don't have to have a story behind them, I just like the exploration side of it. There could be some kind of OCD behind it too, I remember with Fallout 3 and 4 I went everywhere and looted every single thing I could, collectibles feel very similar.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I even found with Shadow of Mordor that I was skipping story missions and only hunting Orcs, I'm sure the story was good but the nemesis system was the real draw.

It was not. It's really bad and the final boss is probably the worst ever.

sirkibble2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@corevi said:
@lisatiffany said:

I even found with Shadow of Mordor that I was skipping story missions and only hunting Orcs, I'm sure the story was good but the nemesis system was the real draw.

Did you play it on 360 or PS3?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@corevi said:
@lisatiffany said:

Did you play it on 360 or PS3?

PC. I meant the story not the nemesis system, which he said he's "sure the story is good".

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Shadow of Mordor on PS4, the Orc targets changed so frequently it made going after them all over again worthwhile. The side missions to get runes and upgrades were useful too.