Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By captain_clayman

Do you ever have dreams where you're in a video game, or even that you're playing a video game within a dream? I seem to have these all the time, and I was wondering if you guys, who presumably play a lot of games, also have game-based dreams.

My video game dreams are usually mashups of my favorite games from childhood and are actually really awesome and when i'm dreaming they actually seem to make sense. For example i had a dream where i was playing Zelda (it looked like skyward sword's art style) but it was combined with all these Jak and Daxter-like platforming elements and it was fucking amazing.

Also, this:

Voshterkoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Voshterkoff

Once, after playing a lot of the Freelancer demo. I remember at one point I got lasers that had higher stats than what I had been using, and it really excited me. When I woke up I actually freaked out a bit about how vivid it was.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LikeaSsur

I've had so many video game based dreams that picking one out of the hundreds is impossible. Suffice to say, most of them involve me as the main character, and usually whatever girl I'm crushing on is the damsel in distress.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By HH

back when i used to do ten or twelve hour marathons, yeah, i used to have messed up pixelated dreams where i was basically still playing the game all night long.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

That assumes I dream.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lost_Remnant

I'm not so sure nowadays since I don't remember my dreams. In my younger days when I was in elementary school I remembered most of them. I remember having pretty vivid dreams about RE2 when that first came out. Running through the police station, armed with nothing and running from zombies.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By awesomeusername

Sometimes I dream that someone buys me a game I really want to I'm playing a game that hasn't come out yet. Can't remember what games though.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By AndrewB

Frequently with a zombie apocalypse theme, where it's pretty much me living in the real world, but with video game mechanics. I can't give you any specific examples because I don't remember them...

But sure, gaming happens in my dreams. It's just often not a game that actually exists. Usually a mash-up of multiple games.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By captain_clayman

Sometimes i'll get really sad, because in the context of the dream it seems like i'm making tons of progress in a game that seems like one i already have, but then i wake up.

But it's nice to see that i'm not the only one. I told my friends about this and they looked at me like I was crazy.

Harpell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Harpell

When I was younger i had a dream about Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Except that Vash the Stampede was there.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By CaLe

I had a dream about Jeff and he was a swinger. That's about as close to gaming my dreams get.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yeah. I played way too much Terraria and have been mining blocks in my sleep for days now. This can't be healthy.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've had terrifying nightmares about being stuck in the mansion from Eternal Darkness, does that count?
I usually tend to go mental in my dreams when I go mental in real life.

When I was into World of Warcraft a few years ago my then boyfriend told me one morning I was yelling in my sleep that he should go aggro the neighbor so that I could complete my attunement quest.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By upwarDBound

I often don't remember my dreams. The ones I do remember vividly are never about video games though.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gargantuan

Only when I inject Valkyr.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Most of the dreams I remember aren't about me playing video games, but yeah, occasionally I'll dream about playing a game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM

If I ever have dreams about video games, it's about waking up (inside my dream) and noticing that I have a game that we didn't have before, and I was excited. Sometimes the game doesn't even exist.

EleFlameMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EleFlameMax

boo yeah.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GoofyGoober

When I was younger I would always dream about consoles I wanted, I still remember this one dream were my mom surprised the hell out of me by pulling an original xbox out of a closet for me. I was so mad when I woke up....with no xbox.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By laserbolts

Back when I played a sickening amount of WoW I used to dream of the game all the time. Just dreaming of playing the game and raiding and whatnot. Quitting that game is the best thing I have ever done.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Quite a bit, but I usually end up dying and waking up.

legendlexicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By legendlexicon

Every night after I do some activity for awhile I can feel my subconscious working on it, and sometimes I get weird dreams from it. If I had read a math text book for most of the day, my brain will come up with math gibberish. Same thing with video games. The other night I almost lucid dreamed, because I realized I was dreaming, but I had full control of my head. I was staring at my computer screen and could move around.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iam3green

yeah, i've had a dream about video games before. one i remember is that in tony hawk pro skater 4 i think it was, my friend was farther than me in the game. he found out the cool moves of doing the caspers, pogos, anti-casper, and the other manuals. he wouldn't tell me how to do them but beat the high score on the level that i was on. anyway, i had a dream that i figured out how to do it. when i woke up the next day i was doing them.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By leebmx

I've had ones where I dream i'm in a game and can do anything and then find out its actually real life and am horrifyed cos i've run people over and shot people etc and I realise i'm going to be in big trouble. Then I wake up and feel extreme relief. This has happened quite a few times.

deox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deox

I can't say I've ever had a dream about video games, at least none that I can remember... maybe more so when I was younger.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I had a dream where I was owning at one of those claw machines in stores. And the machine was filled with video games.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Twiggy199

I can't say that i have dreams about video games, but i have recurring dreams about zombie's(They don't bother me the slightest). and I guess that comes from Vidya Games.

I once had a dream that i was The Human Torch. Best. Dream. Ever.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By BaneFireLord

I've had a lot of dreams since Skyrim was released where I was able to FUS ROH DAH people. Those are always highly entertaining.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MrKlorox

I'll sometimes dream I'm playing/inside a game that I'm really looking forward to that isn't out yet. I remember part of this dream I had while waiting for GTA4 to come out and it mixed features of old school NES Final Fantasy and my grandmother's house. Come to think of it I woke up this morning thinking about that dream and I can't remember why. 

Oh yeah, I think I dreamed of a Red Dead Redemption 2 last night. You know when you just wake up and you still kinda think the things that happened in your dream were real? (I can't count the number of times I woke up thinking I should phone my dad, years after he's died) Well I woke up itching to continue my campaign in a game that hasn't even been officially announced.

edit: If I'm playing a single game a lot, then of course I'll dream of it. That's kinda why we dream to begin with. To work out problems or practice survival in a safe environment while our bodies recharge. It's why you dream of work or school or whatever offers challenges.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By Seppli

I had two memorable videogame dreams, one was about Final Fantasy VI, fighting Kefka. The details are quite blurry.

I had a much more vivid Ninja-themed nightmare, after an especially long session of Tenchu 2. I happend to develop a fever that night too. I had fever nightmare being chased by Ninjas though the ski-resort my family favored when I was a kid. I woke up in a pitch black room, and didn't know I was a up. Having high fever must have had to do with that. I ended up pissing in the corner of the room, for some reason, before I accidentally flipped the lightswitch and I finally figured out I was awake.

Killed a fair bunch of white-clad Ninjas that night. And I sure as hell wrote my name in the snow.

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MrKlorox
@BaneFireLord said:
I've had a lot of dreams since Skyrim was released where I was able to FUS ROH DAH people. Those are always highly entertaining.
Nice. I'm sometimes able to CTRL+ALT+DEL my dreams when they get too intense and crash them. This usually ends up with me going lucid and waking up after I try to do stuff one would do in a dream. Maybe I start concentrating too hard or something.
fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By fetchfox

Sometimes, but not very often. Mostly if I've played way too much before bed.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By daiphyer

Believe it or not, I have Tetris nightmares. It's horrifying.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zaccheus

I can't really remember my dreams much. I sometimes have trouble sleeping when I'm super into some game (Skyrim, Civilization V) and I continue to play the game in my mind when I go to bed.

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thebipsnbeeps

I've had multiple ones about Guitar Hero 2 that freaked me out. I've had game dreams before and since then, but something about just dreaming to the point of practically seeing visions of frets flying at me just made me cringe. Love that game, but I felt that may have been a good of reason as any to take a break on those rhythm games for a bit (Until Rock Band 2, that is. Christ.)

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vexxan

I'm sure it has happened a few times but I don't remember anything enough to retell the dream.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Absolutely. The two that I remember the most fondly was that I was playing Skyrim and was leveling up a lot and found some great items but unfortunately it was just a dream. The other one was that Yukiko from Persona 4 was over my house for some reason...not sure what that means...

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Scrawnto

Often. I once had a dream that was sprite based from an isometric perspective, like FF Tactics. It was really strange. When I moved, I felt it in my fingers like I was pressing buttons on a controller, but I was looking at myself from above. I've had several dreams that were like various FPSes like Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, FarCry, or Battlefield 2. I've even had a Picross dream, when I was playing a lot of that.

When I was a little kid, I could lucid dream, and I often chose to dream about video games. Most memorably, I dreamed I was in Super Mario 64, I collected the 120th star, and they turned into a jet that I used to fly around the levels from the game. I also once dreamed that I found a winged Yoshi in Mario 64 in the clock tower level, and for a while I wasn't sure if it was a dream.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#40  Edited By citizenkane

The last video game dream I remember off hand was dreaming that I was playing Halo 3. That was a couple of weeks before it came out.

digitaldemigod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By digitaldemigod

When Doom came out and I was playing tons of Doom and making my own levels for it, I was dreaming I was in it a lot. I think it was just because I was always either playing the game or designing levels for it and even when I was at work I was drawing map designs on any paper I could find. I'd have some really weird dreams about flying through the levels and stuff.

The only time I seem to dream about games now is if I am really tired and I force myself to stay up too long playing either Battlefield or Left 4 Dead. I'll end up seeing nothing but muzzle flashes in my sleep after playing BF3 or I'll have zombie apocalypse dreams after playing zombie games.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Elwoodan

Vivid zombie dreams, ones lucid to the point where I wake up feeling sick due to being forced to put down a family member who had turned or something.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By crithon

I often dream about Street Fighter Alpha 2

ShrimpDino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By ShrimpDino

My video game related dreams involve video games that i want to be made and Capcom making more crossovers like Shonen Jump Vs Capcom

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HerbieBug

not that I can recall, no.

The_Tomas_Cz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Tomas_Cz

I've once dreamed about being in STEM from The Evil Within 2, i was impressed. Here is an illustration of one moment from that dream.

No Caption Provided

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've once dreamed about being in STEM from The Evil Within 2, i was impressed. Here is an illustration of one moment from that dream.

No Caption Provided

Well then.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A 1 post necro followed by some OC paint, that's a new one.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only about games that were close to release that I really wanted, like I'd see a trailer for an upcoming game and my brain would just play it back in my sleep.

No freaky fan fiction anime shit for the sake of having an interesting post, unfortunately. Can't really top random MS Paint art.

chekhonte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird. I dream a lot and vividly. I also play a LOT of games. Way more than an adult should. I never have had a video game dream. Neither being in a video game or a dream about playing video games.