Do you have a data cap?

• 56 results
nasher27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you have a data cap? (267 votes)

Yes 28%
No 71%

With all the talk about Stadia, xCloud and other game-streaming services, there's obviously a lot of talk about the terrible ISP options available to a lot of people in the US. When Stadia's Jack Buser was on the E3 show last night, he did not seem particularly concerned when Jeff brought up the data caps that are problematic for many people, and seems to be getting a lot of flak for his response.

Jeff's position of "data caps are terrible, but personally I don't have one" got me wondering, how many GB users are actually affected by data caps? I'm interested to see if the backlash to Stadia is due to people actually having data caps and/or bandwidth issues that would prevent them from using it.

• 
Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Yes, it's 2tb a month, so I rarely need to worry about it. The speed is super unpredictable though. Sometimes I think they throttle the speed when I'm using it a lot. I can go from 250mb down/ 35mb up (on a great day) all the way down to 2mb down/ 500kb up (which then becomes unusable) on a bad one. Mediacom is super unreliable, but it's the best option in the area.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I voted yes, because I do. But I think it's relevant to note that I had to look it up. It's 1 TB (Cox in suburban CT).

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope but it is S L O W and overpriced.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a cap. I pay $70 a month for fiber with 500 down and 250 up.

tacobelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By tacobelmont

No on my cell or home internet. I'm throttled on my cell at peak times, but otherwise it's unlimited, and I pay extra for no data cap on my gigabit fiber. This being said, I am in the city where Google put in and then pulled out of fiber (Louisville), so I'm leery towards putting any faith in them for game streaming.