• 60 results
Bandit_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Bandit_Fox
@Feanor: I will stand by my approximation of 3-4 hours between 4-6 people and will increase it no further. Coordinating that over the course of a Friday must be a bitch.

Should they really be expected to do it? They just gave us the Big Live Live show LIve for the first time. Give 'em a break. That must have taken at least 1000+ man hours (this is a separate estimation) to put together. Given that they gave us over 8 hours of new, above the expected, quality content on Thursday - can we really offer valid complaints if they skimp out on 3 minutes this Monday?
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Jimbo

I wanna shoot the whole day down.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Dany
@Atomasist said:

" Monday, Monday, can't trust that day. Monday, Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way. Oh Monday mornin' you gave me no warnin' of what was to be. Oh Monday, Monday, how could you leave and not take me.     "

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By Feanor
@Bandit_Fox: You act as if they are coal miners, this is not a demanding job. The big live show was last Thursday, they should have recovered by now. Again, I don't care that the video isn't up. It just annoys me when people think that their job is so demanding that they need prolonged breaks to recover.
septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By septim

I'm not even supposed to say this... but, only Diamond members can view the I Love Mondays from now on.

Let me just say it was totally worth it.

Bandit_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Bandit_Fox
@Feanor: At no point did I suggest, imply or subtly make reference to them being coal miners. Regardless of the physical demand of creating an ILM, it does consume time. Now, you've clearly stated in an earlier post and on many other boards that you've produced a lot of produced video, right? Surely you must be sympathetic to effort it takes to coordinate such tasks, aren't you?

Also, I believe that Jeff said they record ILM on Fridays. Unless I am quite mistaken, that would make their day of taping the day after the Big Live LIve show Live. Coordinating  3-4 hours between 4-6 people that are all hungover that have just provided us with 8+ hours of quality entertainment would be difficult. Not as difficult as coal mining to be sure (that was a reference comparing them to coal miners), but difficult none the less.
shadowfire01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#57  Edited By shadowfire01

However, on the Halo: Reach page, I keep seeing this screenshot and link for an I Love Mondays: Mailbag Edition that just redirects to the Videos page...

No Caption Provided
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By Feanor
@Bandit_Fox: Its been almost 5 days since the big live live show, they have the time. And you can't really use being hungover as an excuse. You should be responsible enough not to come into work hungover.  

When did I ever say that I have produced video? You talk about all this effort. You do realize this is their job, this is what they do for a living, such things should not be a hassle to them. 

And I never said you made reference to them being coal miners. What I was saying is that you are acting like they have the hardest job in the world, and I used coal miners as an example for that.  

The fact of the matter is, they just asked this community for a boatload of money, and the community gave it to them. Since then, one video has gone up to the site that was not trailer related. Out of respect to the members who just handed you thousands and thousands of dollars, wouldn't you make an effort to put some regular content on the site? 

I didn't want to get this deep into this.
Avatar image for somethingclever
SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By SomethingClever

Maybe in preparation for their I Love Fridays (or whatever they'll call that deal) they had to shift some love over, just temporarily.  Just not enough love to go around for every day of the week. 

Or yeah, as someone said above. . . they just didn't get a chance to do it.  You know, what with the giant all day live event thing last week and the much deserved rest the next day.

Bandit_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Bandit_Fox

Ohhh... I'm sorry - clearly I'm not that intelligent. I made the mistake of assuming that you had at least some knowledge or frame of reference for this conversation. My bad. I shan't make the same mistake again sir! You are correct - after putting in 1000+ man hours, to produce 8+ hours of content (this is my personal guess, and likely flawed {we have establish that I am not intelligent}), they should have pulled it together on Friday to produce the content by the end of the day... wait... NAY! They should have come in on Saturday AND Sunday to pull together this critical piece of video content for our viewing amusement, instead of reveling in and recuperating from their victory over the Big Live LIve show Live on Friday. I'll stand behind you on this matter to the death!

Also, I've taken the time to look at it from your point of view. I guess your outrage is justified - I can see that you are an annual site member. Since you've paid the $50 yearly fee to support Whiskey Media, Giantbomb and their mission, you are right to feel slighted that they aren't performing their duty. However, as a fellow annual member, I still stand by my original, if uninformed and infantile opinion - Give 'em a break.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Lemoncookie01

I love Thursdays.