Drew and Gluten?

doomsder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By doomsder

Hey guys, Somewhere (probably a video) drew said he can't consume gluten. Anyone know if he has mentioned before if he has Celiac disease? or is it just a diet thing that he is on?

drewbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Don't have Celiac, but I'm sensitive to gluten, according to a blood test I had a few years ago, along with eggs, some nuts, and some other weird stuff. It kinda sucks, but it DOES force me to eat more fruits, vegetables, and MEAT, so that's good.

doomsder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ah I see! Thanks for the reply man! rock on good sir!

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It's absurd how effective negative health quirks can be at instigating improvements in your regular nutrition.

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PatODay

@drewbert: I recall you talking about making Swedish Meatballs on a Bombcast a while ago, do you use an egg substitue or just use eggs and deal with the after effects?

I've got a mild allergy to fresh strawberries and watermelon, but I can have processed or cooked/frozen fruits. The human body is an oddity sometimes.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uhtaree

He usually has hard cider on UPF, but one time he did ask for a red, white and blue themed budweiser. I was kinda wondering this myself.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Druten sensitivity?

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Blackout62
@jack_lafayette said:

It's absurd how effective negative health quirks can be at instigating improvements in your regular nutrition.

Right?! My sister got absolutely terrible celiacs along with other stuff while we were still living together so the whole house had to change diets. Nothing but plain chicken and salad for a year but I lost twenty pounds in a summer by that alone.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

It might explain why he thinks wheat beer tastes like Gak.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_lafayette: Definitely. I have several close friends with dietary restrictions, some elective, some not. But in some weird way, this forces me not to choose the shittiest options available when I go out to eat. I actually have the healthiest diet of my life, and I have no doubt it is in no small part thanks to the folks I surround myself with. I've learned how to cook gluten free foods, know the good vegan substitutes, and have a taste for fresh veggies. Teenage me wouldn't believe that I'd ever find a place that served a salad that I'd go out of my way for.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My mum's got a gluten intolerance. She'll regularly bring me round various weird and wonderful loaves of bread (that she can't eat) and sit there with a sad puppy face when I put them in my larder.

I don't eat them in front of her. That'd be cruel.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Blackout62
@bisonhero said:

Druten sensitivity?

They say the inability to process Drew is a leading cause of depression in Giantbomb users.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

His worst enemy..

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

@drewbert: What kind of symptoms do you get when you eat above the safety threshold?

I have this weird thing with dairy products where I'm completely okay with things like cream, cake, milk tea, but cheesecake, pizza, and a glass of milk will absolutely wreck me. Last time I had some Turkish pudding (like, literally just a spoonful) it put me out of commission for a whole week with horrible abdominal pain and a leaky bunghole that needed emptying every two to three hours on the first day.