• 67 results
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Symphony

Another poll without ninj...err wait, it's pirates. Pirates are awesome too, so I'll let you off the hook... this time! But watch yer back, matey. Arrrr!

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Sin4profit

I have a crap ton of emulation stuff including classic pinball tables (which for obvious reasons aren't as good as the real thing) I can't say i feel too bad about it as those games are long past their real profitability and are mostly a means for the rights holders to make some extra pocket money with'em at the same time controlling what you can and cannot have mixed in with legal rights holding mumbo jumbo...blah.

As far as pirating newer games i don't do much of that. I've done it in the past but lately i'm too lazy to mess with it or i have other means of sampling games i'm curious about, from downloadable demos,to rental systems that make more sense (game fly), to just straight up barrowing the games from friends, I don't feel any urgency to pirate games. Even with Steam, now i don't have to look for No-CD cracks anymore for PC games. 

Plus i have money now...so i can just buy things.

Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun
@AjayRaz said:
" only pirate things you can't find in stores, or really, really old games is how i go.  "
Pretty much my stance 
NES/SNES, Neo Geo, and even PS1
Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By Fbomb

F. I don't emulate games anymore, now that there's legitimate sources for buying/downloading them. When they weren't available I did, but times have changed. There's no justification for piracy that makes sense to me, so I don't pirate anything.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#55  Edited By Sin4profit
@Vitamin_Dei said:
"I believe the creators of a product should get some compensation for their work. Yes, even if it's a large soulless corporation. "
The thing is, though, with older stuff, who knows who's making money off the creations of others. Atari's a good example as the company has been sold off various times to the point where the only original thing still standing in Atari is the name "Atari". recently Midway's another example...so the people who may find a way to make money off of these old properties more then likely had nothing to do with making them. Grey area, like ya say but i find it easy to pirate and emulate old products as i'm too impatient to wait for these suits to sell me this nostalgia in a reasonable way. If neglected long enough,the people will find a way to pick it up.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would never pirate a new game. But archaic systems and games are things I'd be willing to get. Though, honestly, there isn't a moral difference between those two actions.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By NekuSakuraba

D.  The game is 15 years old. I'm not going to pay 110$ on ebay for it.  

However, I don't pirate any new games unless I purchased the game and it gets broken/lost.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jeffgoldblum

The only games I pirate are NES and the occasional SNES title. Movies and Music is another matter entirely.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

In my lifetime I've pirated 2 games. One was the pc version of san andreas because I bought it and I lose the cd, and the second was an one nes game don't remember the name.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

The game has no translation, its not comming here, I'm not gonna 110 dollars on ebay.

I'm more then willing to buy a game new *if its choice* but when games get old I'm not going to pay exorbitant prices the company that made it won't even see.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I don't approve of doing it at all. You kind of neglected to add that option.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Leptok

B,C,D, and F: Because fuck some companies (Activision, Ubisoft)

I'm a pc gamer, so fuck game companies that just want to cater to console kiddies. I'll support the ones that get it, like Valve and Paradox.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Three0neFive

B for PC games without proper demos/benchmarks. I'm not going to spend $50 on something that might not even work on my system.
C can apply depending on the game and whether or not I would still be playing it.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Hourai

I'm about half-half. I'll pirate if:

- It's over 5 years old. 
- It's too expensive.
- It's extremely rare and difficult to find in stores.
- I'm not really interested in the game and only expect to play a few hours.   
- I've payed for it before.

If none of these, I'll usually buy the game. I buy every new game for my Xbox 360.

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Phantom_Crash

A mixture of A B and E.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66  Edited By jonnyboy

The only time I emulate Pirate-ness is on October 31st.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#67  Edited By Vorbis

I think E is the only one I could agree with.