Excited all over again at game(s) you've already finished

Johnnyredwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Johnnyredwine

Originally I played both Mass Effect 1 & 2 and finished them on my 17-inch MBP in bootcamp with the fans blaring at 6000 rpm, which isn't the most relaxing way to enjoy games, let me assure you. Recently I picked up an Xbox 360 after previously only owning a PS3 and bought Mass Effect 1 & 2 again for my Xbox. I have to say, when they dropped through my letterbox this morning I was genuinely excited to play them all over again.

Has anyone ever had this with games they've previously finished?

bpwwhirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By bpwwhirl

All the time.  I'm playing through Chrono Cross again after 10 years.  Still loads of fun.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

Bayonetta. A week after it came out I had played through it three times in a row -- once on Normal, once on Hard and once on Infinite Climax -- and let me tell you, I thought I was done with that game. A week or two ago I fired it up again, played it through while trying to improve my ranks and find all the optional encounters and challenges I'd missed, and had an absolute blast. 

Oh, and replaying a Pokemon game is always as exciting. I rarely do it due to the lack of multiple save files, though.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mosespippy

My PS3 broke and I'll probably lose all my saves. I'll be really excited to play some of my games again like Burnout Paradise, Flower, Pixel Junk Eden and Valkyria Chronicles. I've got a lot of games to replay. I probably won't replay GTA4 since I already replayed it once for trophies and that game is garbage. I think I've got an Uncharted 1 save somewhere on a memory stick so that won't need replaying but I might do it anyway.

SpaceDandie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By SpaceDandie

I do this pretty often with Oblivion and Morrowind. I just love the atmosphere of Elder Scrolls games. I don't know if i could ever get tired of them.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CaptainTightPants

I never lose excitement over either Max Payne game, i have passed them close to maybe 20 times now and i think they could use another playthrough.

Johnnyredwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Johnnyredwine
@Icemael said:

" Oh, and replaying a Pokemon game is always as exciting. I rarely do it due to the lack of multiple save files, though. "

Haven't played a pokemon game since the old blue (I think?) one. I'd probably give it a go for nostalgia sake if I had a gameboy or DS.
Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Resident Evil 4 is one of those games that I can just play through over and over again. 

DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By DukeTogo

Deus Ex and System Shock 2 get played through every few years.  And both games allow for such freedom in how you play that you can do it differently each time.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Mariek430

Just started dragon age again, almost have 100% done in the quest book thingy!

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By Icemael
@BulletproofMonk said:
" Resident Evil 4 is one of those games that I can just play through over and over again.  "
I forgot this. This, and God Hand.
nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By nywt

I'm doing my insanity playthrough for ME2 right now and I'm super excited for it again. My next job will be to play through DA: O again and the play DAO: A and all of the DLC.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By armaan8014

I keep getting excited to play Oblivion after every 4 to 5 months. Also, sometimes Fallout 3. (Just started playing it the 4th time, but I've never finished it. This time, I plan to)

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By armaan8014
@MrStool said:
" I do this pretty often with Oblivion and Morrowind. I just love the atmosphere of Elder Scrolls games. I don't know if i could ever get tired of them. "
me too!
Johnnyredwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Johnnyredwine
@Mariek430 said:
" Just started dragon age again, almost have 100% done in the quest book thingy! "
I really enjoyed Dragon Age but I can't bring myself to play it again on my laptop.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By one_2nd

I've beaten GTA: Vice City several times. 

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By BulletproofMonk
@one_2nd said:
" I've beaten GTA: Vice City several times.  "
Also, this.