Favorite Gaming Podcasts

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

So I can't be the only one that listens to a lot of gaming podcasts at work and I wanted to know what are some of your favorites and to share some of mine. My top 3 are easily

The Giantbombcast ( no link needed )

Unscripted Access http://thegameraccess.com/shows/unscripted-access/incredible-sales-for-the-latest-in-consoles-unscripted-access-episode-72#section-kmt

The Rooster Teeth Podcasts http://roosterteeth.com/podcast/

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Giant Bombcast, Vidjagame Apocalypse, Weekend Confirmed, Podcast beyond and Rebel Fm. The latter 3 I very infrequently listen to anymore, but enough to list them.

Barf_Surprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A new one I have started listening to is Player One Podcast. I think it is a keeper in the rotation.

And I really like 8-4 Play and Rebel FM too

nok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yeah I like 8-4 myself, and I am really back and forth with the Gamers with Jobs podcast, sometimes I really like it and other times not so much. Weekend confirmed is often really great except when it's a drinking episode and Andrea Rene is on, can't stand that girl drunk, like most women.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Bombcast is the only one I listen to, I listen to a lot of sports and comedy podcasts and wouldn't really have time for another gaming pod. Luckily, I can count the number of people I enjoy listening to talk about video games that aren't employed by this website on one hand. I've tried Podcast Beyond a couple times but, man, I just don't like Colin or Greg.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By csl316

I got back into Epic Battle Cry lately. 3 cool dudes breaking down news and such. Smart talk, good criticism mixed with optimism that other shows can lack, and just a fun listen.

One of the guys is Daniel Kayser, who Jeff said should host the VGX next year. There's a video version on Gametrailers, I just get the audio on EpicBattleAxe.com. Silly name, but vikings and metal are a theme so yeah.

avesky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By avesky

Idle thumbs is pretty great, stopped listening to weekend confirmed when they started tackling the bigger issues in video games such as gender roles and females in games. Started kinda getting too full of themselves. Not once have a heard a conversation on a cucumber shooter attached to a shower head.

philberto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By philberto

Retronauts is really good. I like Idle Thumbs quite a bit as well; it's nice to have a developer's perspective.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By bigjeffrey
No Caption Provided

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bombcast and Rebel FM

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Rebel FM, Idle Thumbs, The Besties, Podcast Unlocked, Weekend Confirmed

(Not Gaming) Tell Em Steve Dave, Smodcast, FeAB, Netheads, I Sell Comics, SmodCo Morning Show, Bagged and Boarded, Edumacation, Cracked, Stuff You Missed In History Class, TechStuff, The Comedy Button, My Brother My Brohter and Me, This American Life

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Bombcast, Final Score, Nintendo Voice Chat, and Podcast Beyond currently.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By AMyggen

@csl316: Huh, you remember which episode "The Hair" said that about Jeff? You just reminded me that EBC exists, used to listen to that every week. Maybe I should go back to it.

As for the topic, I listen to the Bombcast and 8-4, SuperBestFriendCast once in a while. That's about it, listen to a ton of comedy podcasts though.

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Bombcast, Idle Thumbs and 8-4 play are the ones I'll listen to right away and be really into. I also listen to the Besties, but after their first year and the silly rule changes it's a lot less fun now as a mostly boring show and tell. I want the fighting from the first year.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bombcast, Weekend Confirmed, Rebel FM, 8-4 Play.

Long live 97.5 The Brodeo.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tom_omb said:

Bombcast, Final Score, Nintendo Voice Chat, and Podcast Beyond currently.

I used to like NVC but recently have not been into it as much. Beyond will always be a favorite even though it feels a bit to structured.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• Rooster Teeth's The Patch and their general podcasts
  • IGN's BEYOND!, sometimes Nintendo Voice Chat and Podcast Unlocked
  • GameSpots Gameplay Podcast
Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bombcast, Gamers With Jobs and Crateandcrowbard (formally PC Gamer UK)

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Oh, and the Game Informer show. It's usually under an hour so it's a good, quick listen.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I think this is the most recent one of these threads.

I just discovered the Isometrics Show and it's pretty fantastic!

http://isometricshow.com/

I have no idea why it's called that.

Maddy Myers, Georgia Dow, Brianna Wu and Steve Lubitz work really well together. It's a lively, upbeat and knowledgeable show. Very Similar to the bombcast in structure minus the email part and a lot less what I did with my weekend stuff, so it seems to be a breezy 70-90 minutes or so.

But what I really like how much they seem to have a good time doing the cast and perhaps best of all their chemistry is good. Very positive energy show, which I appreciate since a lot of people seem negative about games these days. They seem to be able criticize games when deserved without getting ultra down about it. They've only done 7 shows so far, but their chemistry is that of a much older cast, I assume they must know each other in rl. That kind of chemistry is a rare trait that in my opinion is a key asset that makes the bombcast as awesome as it is. Maddy Myers seems like the star of the show with the best jokes/commentary/stories etc, but all 4 of them compliment each other nicely.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

No Caption Provided

The Laser Time network of podcasts are all absolutely great. Their highs rival the highs of the bombast and the quality is much more consistent. They have podcasts that cover comic books, video games, wrestling, video game music, and general pop culture. It is mostly made up of the original Games Radar guys that have long since left but it has other peeps as well. If you have never heard them before then you have a huge backlog of gold to work your way through.

I very highly recommend you listen to this crime episode that gives a pretty good feel for their personalities. It is the crew talking about what crimes they committed as youths and it is really damn interesting (and one of my personal favorite podcast episodes ever, up their with the California Extreme Bombcast where Ryan was a narc). If you don't enjoy it then I can safely say these podcasts are not for you (and you probably have no soul). If you do enjoy it go through the backlog of content they have and listen to the topics that seem most interesting to you.

Also their most recent video game podcast had them talking about video game butts. These podcasts also regularly have women so they aren't the total sausage fests that most podcasts are.