Games with great OST

• 69 results
FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rocket League is exceptional. I cannot believe it wasn't even nominated in best music.

It's great for any situation really, cleaning round the house? Check. Working out? Check. Driving? Check. An all rounder, if you will.

Ibarguengoytia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lot's of great recommendations. I am familiarized with a couple of those and other games that I didn't think much of the music at the time. I'll check those out again.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Been listening to a lot of Motoi Sakuraba today, who's all about a heavy prog rock influence. Valkyrie Profile 2 has some great stuff.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Pokemon series has some pretty good tracks as well. Mt. Pyre, Route 113 in Hoenn, the Champion battle theme from FR/LG. Many more.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal said:
@grantheaslip said:

I'm at peace with the fact that FFXIII as a whole is forever going to get more shit than it deserves, but it does bum me out that the soundtracks get so little play. Lightning Returns is particularly tragic since (somewhat understandably) almost nobody gave a shit.

It deserves all the shit it gets. The characters and story in the XIII trilogy are a fucking travesty. Easily some of the worst storytelling in any medium ever. But we've been through this many, many times before.

In the context of this thread though, I'll agree that the music is pretty ridiculously awesome sometimes.

Okay, for the sake of clarity: I'm at peace with the fact that FFXIII as a whole is forever going to get more shit than I think it it deserves :).

I can accept that.

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game soundtrack was one of my few legitimate music purchases, so I'll go with that.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 3's soundtrack is fucking styyyyyyylish.

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna say Nier, Persona 4, Super Hexagon, Fez.

Aethelred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mgalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 3 and 4 are the obvious answer for me, but I'd love to give a shout out to Persona 2, Innocent Sin PSP, at least. There's a lot of good stuff in there, and the PSP remixes are pretty sweet too. Also from the PS1 era, I'd like to mention Xenogears. It's honestly probably the best part of that game; not every track is outstanding, but it sure is fantastic.

peregrin38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By peregrin38

Too many to list, but I will sing the praises of Darren Korb until I'm dead.

I have actually recommended the Bastion and Transistor soundtracks to friends, who then listened to the music before even playing the game. It's really good stuff.

My personal favorite is probably the soundtrack for the original Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. Something about the use of Renaissance era instruments together with more contemporary percussion worked REALLY well for me, creating a fascinatingly fantastical sound from pre-existing timbres. My only knock against it is that the live recordings of the less standard instruments really highlight the synth-iness of the cello and other samples used.

ClockworkTony I WAS ALSO A HUGE SUCKER FOR THAT SOUNDTRACK! I never thought I'd ever see it get mentioned :'D

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maniac Mansion on the NES. They added in a walkman for each character, so the game didn't sound as vacuous.

Dave's theme is some weird cross between The Boys Are Back In Town and Van Halen.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thread should be "most recent game I bought that has a great original soundtrack: Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God" because games are shaping up on that side of things. Sorcery Saga's like perfect voice-acting, it's so suitable and right that you don't notice it, it becomes natural. And then you spawn a Monster Room. And then you meet This Character, That Character, TheOtherCharacter.

I cannot remember the last time I bought a game with a soundtrack I actively disliked, or even didn't care for.

BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

It wasn't popular among fans of the series but I loved the music from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Crossing my fingers for the day Intelligent Systems releases a new one

Dude, yes:

Loading Video...

Murgatroyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guacamelee

Loading Video...

Both recent Rayman games

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Hasn't had a full release yet, but Cryptark's music is super, super fitting to its setting

Loading Video...

Kentucky Route Zero has some really great performances, though there's only a few tracks like this

Loading Video...

Most of my recent favorites have been stated already

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

The Silent Hill franchise, all of the main entries, although Downpour is the weakest one.

Nier, and Life is Strange too.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is one of my favourite songs from Yakuza 3 which thankfully included it's OST in the box.

Loading Video...

Also this.

Loading Video...

It's corny as hell and I love it. Speaking of which the Guilty Gear franchise has some pretty good songs.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Might be in this list already, but I'm not going through all of this to ensure.

Risk of Rain and Dust: An Elysian Tale both have tremendous soundtracks.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Lost_Remnant

I'll try not to go too crazy with my list and just put down some links.

Nier

No More Heroes

Ninja Gaiden (NES) The track I link was my ringtone for about two and a half years.

Super Street Fighter IV

Bastion

Metro 2033

Wild Arms 3

Spec Ops: The Line

Fallout 2

Assassin's Creed 2

Just some of my favorite soundtracks, then I have others that I can't even pick a favorite track like the entire Silent Hill franchise down by Akira Yamaoka (downpour wasn't bad but Akira is just too damn good), the Jet Set Radio games, the first three Metal Gear Solid games etc. I'm sure there are others I'll remember in about two hours from now and kick myself for not including them.