Games you finished after a long break?

• 63 results
HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Basically every Bethesda game of the past 10 years. I always play them at launch then get sidetracked. And then because I mostly play on PC, I kinda wait for the mod scene to mature and then go back in about two years later to actually play through them.

Also, Dragon Age Origins. Got 50 hours and in and about 10 hours away from the endgame, then didn't go back until about two years ago, where I started a new game and beat it in about a month.

Also, Final Fantasy 10, I started and got about 10-15 hours in 3 separate times before I finally stuck with it 2-3 years after the fact.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So, adding to my earlier post.

Yesterday I finally completed Resistance: Fall of Man and have started Resistance 2.

So, after like 12 years, one game on my backlog down, lol.

lylebot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Two stand out for me. Dragon Age: Origins, which I found deeply boring and quit after about 12 hours and two or three restarts. I came back to it several years later and pushed through to the end. I enjoyed it more when I realized I could set the combat to easy, skip 90% of the dialog, and still get the point.

The other is MGS: Ground Zeroes, which was the first MGS game I tried to play. I just didn’t get how to play it. The stealth mechanics were beyond me. A year or so later I watched some YouTube gameplay videos and something clicked, I went back to GZ and did everything in the game, and then played MGS2 and 3 and V.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By glots

Updating my list again with R&C: Into The Nexus, which I had played for about an hour before, in 2013. Finished it in less than five hours over the weekend, disappointingly mediocre.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb014b65074f
deactivated-5bb014b65074f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy... For me, I was gifted Transistor and then didn't touch it for like, half a year. When I eventually did play it, school was stressing me out too much to enjoy it! So I had to put it aside for like, almost a year or something? idk.. In the end, 100%'d it and had fun with the game. I <3 everything Supergiant puts out.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Witcher 3. That games so long that I had a habit of dropping it for whatever hot new game release was and then going back when there want much else happening. Oddly it's still my favorite game this generating

thatbendorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heavenly Sword for me. Got extremely frustrated after I was unable to beat the final boss after trying for a couple hours. Put the game down for a good year and a half or so, then decided one afternoon that I was gonna finish it. Put the game in and buckled up for what I thought was gonna be a bad time. I beat him on the first try.

Went back and played through that game a couple more times through the years (I wish Ninja Theory would port it over to PC). Never had any difficulty with the final boss in any subsequent playthrough. But I learned that when I find myself getting frustrated with a game, if I put it down for a bit (maybe not a year and a half) and come back with a fresh mind, I can usually get over whatever hurdle I couldn't get past previously.

andrewf87462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played about 30 hours of The Witcher 3, didn't touch it for around 6 months (due to interests in other games), went back to it, put another 60 hours in and it ended up being one of my favourite games of all time.

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just beat Mass Effect 1 about a month ago after starting my character file about five years ago when the ps3 had a sale on the trilogy.

HansBak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skyrim. Couldn't just focus on the main quest with so many other things to do. Got stuck on extra tasks. Well, maybe stuck is not the best word here, as I was really enjoying them. And then just stopped for some time, finished not so long ago. To be honest, that was the game I had so much fun playing, that it was kind of pointless to finish it, if you know, what I mean.