• 123 results
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Is there any games that you either bought on impulse or mistake that once you knew it was terrible, you tried to tell yourself you liked it?

For me it was Too Human, I got really defensive about the reviews and opinions even though I knew myself it was bad.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By thehexeditor

Re_ ____ _________ ... 

After playing it for a couple hours I put it down and said to myself , "meh".

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@thehexeditor: Your probably not the only one.
pyroman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By pyroman31

Halo Wars....

I can't stand RTS games for some odd reason...and I thought just cause it had the Halo name stamped on it, I would like it.

Not the case.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Perfect Dark Zero.

I just can't finish that piece of crap, but since it's Perfect Dark I feel the desire to love it ><

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HitmanAgent47

prototype, I tried to like it and it was an impulsive buy on steam, I just can't like it.

n11n12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By n11n12

Disgaea for the DS.

I keep going back to it because I generally like SRPGs, and this one is supposedly the granddaddy of them all, but this one just hasn't clicked with me yet.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mylifeforAiur
Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Aronman789

The Mass Effect series... a buddy told me to buy them so i did, and ended up thinking they were horrible, but one day i popped them back in and played through them, realized they weren't so bad.

DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DoctorOptimist

gaylo!! wats soo gud abut thse gamez! thr genric shoooter!!! yeer oldz boyz!!! itz ah stoopid gaammeee!!! gaylo sux!!!! hur hur hur hur!!!  

Just in case you take this comment seriously, it's a joke.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Synthballs
@Aronman789 said:
" The Mass Effect series... a buddy told me to buy them so i did, and ended up thinking they were horrible, but one day i popped them back in and played through them, realized they weren't so bad. "
First one takes a bit to get into I found. Didn't play it for fucking months and lost where was I upto.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i TRIED to force myself to like Fallout 3, Dead Space, World in Conflict, Mass Effect.. hard.

yet i failed

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By s10129107

Modern Warfare 2.  Not that its bad, i just don't like it.  I bought it because i knew so many people who played it.  I guess i don't like the realistic military shooter. 

Also Black and White 2.  I loved Black and White 1 and tried to love Black and White 2 but....  sigh.  The entire idea of BUYING upgrades for your creature.  Thats not how the creature is supposed to work!!!!  AND WHERES BLACK AND WHITE 3.  CMON Peter Molyneux!!!

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Ahmad_Metallic: You only have yourself to blame for having bad taste. 

I tried to like Mirror's Edge but the entire game just feels like an FPS mode of Assassin's Creed but with bad controls. 

Also Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Too complicated- I never know what to do. 

Oh and Mass Effect. I hate the shooting and the inventory issues. Also: I'm incredibly impatient and the lift scenes are unbearable for me.
DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DoctorOptimist

To answer this topic seriously, I tried to get into MGS4 and MGS2, but I really couldn't. The gameplay is good, but the story and dialog are simply awful. It's cheesy, melodramatic, over-the-top, corny, ridden with holes, implausible, pedantic, stupid, and just badly written overall. The sad thing is, it takes up more than the gameplay, the cutscenes were redundant and annoying and badly directed. 

I liked MGS1 and MGS3 as a entertaining B movies that are fun to play, but MGS2 and MGS4 are bad B-movies that are somewhat fun to play. MGS1 and MGS3 at least had some plausibility in their plots.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jacdg

Fallout 3, got it for Christmas but damn, I played 25 hours and was probably bored 22 of them.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@MysteriousBob:  though i agree with you that i only have myself to blame for not liking those great games, it doesnt mean i have a bad taste. i just didnt enjoy a few great titles 
its also funny that you say that to me, and then say that you yourself didnt enjoy Oblivion (Fallout 3 with guns, as people call it), and also didnt enjoy Mass Effect.. thats 2 out of my 4 

edit: i meant they call Fallout 3 "Oblivion with guns"
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ajamafalous
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" Oblivion (Fallout 3 with guns, as people call it) "
Actually, people call Fallout 3 "Oblivion with guns," not the other way around. 

For me, Mass Effect 2 off the top of my head. If I hadn't liked the first one so much and/or Mass Effect 2 had been a different IP, I wouldn't have finished it.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@ajamafalous said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" Oblivion (Fallout 3 with guns, as people call it) "
Actually, people call Fallout 3 "Oblivion with guns," not the other way around.   "
lol yeah i meant that
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Red12b
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

prototype, I tried to like it and it was an impulsive buy on steam, I just can't like it.

"
I agree, such a waste of an awesome possibility 
cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cookiemonster

Fallout 3. Was really slow to begin with, and very difficult to pick up again if you havn't played it in a while. 

And the latest Midnight Club, to a certain extent. Never known one game to annoy me so much.

iKANNIBAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By iKANNIBAL

I don't force myself to like games, that seems lame if it doesn't click then it sucks. 

but just to answer the topic i did buy a few games that eveyrone raved about that i thought sucked. 

inFamous - found it mediocre 
GTA IV - don't care how many stress its "better" its boring as hell, but then again i havn't liked the GTA series since Vice City the novelty has long worn off, the stories are never original, definately no revolutional writing just a carbon copy of every mobster/gangster movie plot, and all the installments just seem to be rebuilded versions of the previous stories, most likely won't be purchasing the next installment nowdays i prefer my sandbox games "different". 

Modern Warfare 2 -  i stopped playing it and yet my friends still send me invites to the game, i kindly tell them "The game is gay, and  i refuse to play it, fuck off", everytime.
LittleBigPlanet 
Resident Evil 5 - I still hate that i spent $50 on such garbage. 
The Force Unleashed 
God of War III - rented, THANK GOD
Fable 2 - probably one of the worse WRPGS ive played yet, and its multiplayer was fail 
Resistance  - bought it because it looked decent, it tried hard to be like Halo, but failed. 
Prototype - Definately on my list of crappiest games released this gen, i lol hard because the developers hyped it to be the next big thing 

Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Krypton

The Resistance series. I didn't finish either of the campaigns.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#24  Edited By Symphony

Mirror's Edge.

I loved the design and the general premise of the game, but the game went out of its way to become unenjoyable by the half--way mark. The game certainly has potential and I'm interested to see what they do with a sequel, but please Dice, don't try to shoehorn in FPS elements next time.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By luce

Dragon Age: Origins

Everyone else liked it...I tried but nope

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SpiralStairs

Uncharted. I kept on telling myself the graphics were fantastic and the gameplay was great. Near the end though I just though  "ah fuck it" and nearly stopped playing it altogether. I finally got around to finishing it though.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ectoplasma

For me it's Torchlight. That game just bores the crap out of me.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By dbz1995

For me it would be Borderlands. I did try liking it and the RPG part of the game I felt were good, but the shooting felt mediocre and the story felt detached. I also didn't like the humour.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By Pie
@SpiralStairs said:
" Uncharted. I kept on telling myself the graphics were fantastic and the gameplay was great. Near the end though I just though  "ah fuck it" and nearly stopped playing it altogether. I finally got around to finishing it though. "
And?
PATERSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By PATERSON

Spore, I hyped it up so much and tried so very hard to like it, but in the end it isn't great.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By trophyhunter

none

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By floodiastus

Heroes of Newerth, I knew the game would be shitty the first 100 games before I got good at it. I did it though, got 600 games under my belt and the game is awesome now :D

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#33  Edited By beargirl1

God of War. i tried to like it but it just... i don't know. nothing was there. the music was badass and the story is crazy but that's about it. 

BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BlackJedi

Personally FF13, bought it because hype.. its not all that great and it could be alot simplier then what they did too it.. iam stuck and have no interests in getting passed where iam stuck at in the game.. Only reason I wanna keep it is because it has a nice box art one of the best I think.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By subject2change

Mass Effect
Fallout 3

I tried to like them and get into them but couldn't. I keep trying to go back to either of them but can't. I still have a sealed copy of ME2 for PC...

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36  Edited By bonbolapti

Dirge of Cerberus. I wanted to believe that there was no way a game about Vincent could ever suck. Now I'm generally disappointed, every time I see that character.

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SpiralStairs
@Pie said:
" @SpiralStairs said:
" Uncharted. I kept on telling myself the graphics were fantastic and the gameplay was great. Near the end though I just though  "ah fuck it" and nearly stopped playing it altogether. I finally got around to finishing it though. "
And? "
It was alright. I don't think I'll ever replay it though. I don't think it's all that great apart from it's graphics. Same goes for Uncharted 2, though I like that one a lot more than Uncharted 1.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pie
@SpiralStairs said:
" @Pie said:
" @SpiralStairs said:
And? "
It was alright. I don't think I'll ever replay it though. I don't think it's all that great apart from it's graphics. Same goes for Uncharted 2, though I like that one a lot more than Uncharted 1. "
Oh, I stupidly assumed you meant 2, the first one does suck
kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kermoosh

medal of honor airborn, loved the demo but forced my self to play the whole game

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CastroCasper

Crackdown, I tried it and just didn't feel it but I finished it for the achievement points. Once it got to the end and the "twist" was reviled I said "Of corse", turned it off and never put it back in again.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DH69

recently i decided to either buy LIMBO or Mirror's Edge. went with LIMBO an oh my god i cant believe i spent 1200 MS points on this boring crap, i went thru it in less than 2 hours then spent another 20 min getting the eggs using a guide.

limewizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By limewizard

Army of Two.  
I forced myself to sit, and finish that piece of crap. 
And at the end?  
I still thought it was a piece of crap that I will fondly remember as, a piece of crap.

Atlantus_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Atlantus_Air

Dark Void 
Saw it for $10, thought "Why not?" and I couldn't even get through the first hour.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#44  Edited By Jeust
@luce said:

" Dragon Age: Origins  Everyone else liked it...I tried but nope "

Yep, i was underwhelmed for the amount of needless detail put into the world, and the game just looked like a playable version of the Lord of the Rings, where instead of a member of the fellowship of the rings you were a grey warden. Not good. At least they didn't put hobbits in the game, so not all ideas (or lack of them) were bad. 
Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ashby

Fallout 3. I wanted to like it, but open-world games like that just don't do it for me. I still go back to it every so often, but it's always forced.

bearcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By bearcat

Prototype.

EvilMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By EvilMuffin

Alpha Protocol
Prototype
Risen

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jrad

Demon's Souls was so bad for the first 10 hours or so. It was the only PS3 game I had at the time, so I forced myself to play it. After days of suffering I finally came around, though.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#49  Edited By Xtrememuffinman
Sly 2 - Perfect example of a game being too long. The first two or three levels were excellent, but after that it became a trudge through the same things over and over again. If they cut each level in half, it would have been an amazing game.

Twilight Princess - It was an inferior Ocarina of Time clone. Too long, and too easy, it felt like Nintendo trying to apologize for Wind Waker (which was a really good game...minus the sailing) by making a direct-to-video sequel that was OK but lacked any heart or originality. The internet backlashed at 8.8, I think it was closer to a 7.5.

Wind Waker - Another Zelda game. I kept telling myself "It's Zelda, it's Zelda!". Then I finished it, and though I admit the dungeons and bosses and such were good, the sailing was painful. 

Super Mario Sunshine - Another game Jeff got hate for speaking the truth on. It wasn't bad by any means, but I defended it just because it was Mario.
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus - I get the games. I like the games. But god damnit I hate playing them. Extremely frustrating puzzles ruin the experience.

These are games I told myself were great right after finishing them. But time gave me perspective on how I wasn't really enjoying myself. None of these games are bad, they're all good. But after thinking about it, I realized I was froming opinions off of names.
Titl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Titl

Fable 2 for me, it never really clicked with me. but i still kept on playing.

Another "game" i forced upon myself is Flower, though i liked the visuals i could not deal with the sixaxis controls.