Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Yanngc33
  • Duke Nukem Forever: obvious choice
  • Brink: because it couldn't live up to the potential
  • Hydrophobia: because the entire game is a water level.
Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@Donkeycow said:

@Stephen_Von_Cloud: I'll admit the combat felt alright but became quickly repetitive after 10 minutes or so. Everything else about it in my opinion was just off putting and bad.

Yeah the game wasn't well reviewed, I think I'm kind of on an island here. I liked the open world aspects and the look of it too.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By jasta
@Humanity said:

@Jasta said:

Condemned 2, still I went there anyway.

You take that back - that was an awesome game that goes batshit crazy in the end. Nothing wrong there. You fight a crazy super-grizzly.

You're right, the grizzly sequence was crazy awesome, but 15 minutes of excitement just isn't enough.
Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Cloudenvy

I won't claim to have known for sure, but everything I saw of F.3.A.R really made me want to avoid that game as much as possible.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By MocBucket62

Call of Juarez The Cartel: Once I saw the Obama mask and the shitty shooting, I knew this game would suck.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Bell_End

seems many people in thsi thread suffer form the everything is either AMAZING!!!!! or SHIT!!!!! syndrome.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bell_End said:

seems many people in thsi thread suffer form the everything is either AMAZING!!!!! or SHIT!!!!! syndrome.

AKA the modern condition

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By FritzDude

@Donkeycow: I liked Sacred 2 a lot, and I was playing on the Xbox 360, the inferior version. Too bad they couldn't support it any further with updates. But Sacred was never, and never tried to be, a 'Dragon Age', but more Diablo than anything.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By donkeycow

@FritzDude: Oh, i'm aware what it was meant to be, doesn't stop it from being a bad game in my opinion haha

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BonOrbitz

@digitalsea87 said:

@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

Fear 2. Crysis 2. Bioshock. Syndicate. Whenever a game I like (pc game) becames console focused, I avoid it like the plague. At best it's a steam sale.

Stop it. As OP said, you not liking something does not mean it is bad. It's a sure-fire way to sound like an asshole, though.

From his other posts I've seen he is, and a troll.

Back on topic: Darkest of Days, any Marvel game from Sega, Brink, Naughty Bear, and Splatterhouse.

Fozimuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Fozimuth

Raccoon City: Characters looked obnoxious, the guns all sounded like stock sound effects, shooting special ops guys in a laboratory with generic cover shooting. Why?

F3AR: It would be enough just to point out that the game actually uses a 3 instead of E, and that would be enough proof. But the series lost its way with the second game, and the third game even more so.

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DelroyLindo

@believer258 said:

@mikey87144 said:

JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S BAD.

Actually...

There's no such thing as an objectively good game because what I enjoy might not be what you enjoy. You can argue all day long about why such and such is a great game in your eyes, but it doesn't mean that I'm going to give a fuck.

I don't have an on topic answer.

Bollocks. I think fighting games are terrible. I get no fun out of them in the slightest. That doesn't mean I think Street Fighter IV is a bad game, far from it. You can easily look at games objectively.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Damnation. I KNEW it would be really bad, but I still found it enjoyable, and I beat it, unlike Uncharted 2... which I think says something about me. The multiplayer was also fun the few hours it had a community.

The First Templar was also pretty lame, but I also really enjoyed playing it.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@digitalsea87 said:

@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

Fear 2. Crysis 2. Bioshock. Syndicate. Whenever a game I like (pc game) becames console focused, I avoid it like the plague. At best it's a steam sale.

Stop it. As OP said, you not liking something does not mean it is bad.

Well yea, it does. It's totally subjective. I can objectively explain why (someone already has quite eloquently) I have this personal preference. . The whole thread comment is logical fallacy. I answered the question, you seem to be simply upset about it and so attempt to insult me for doing so. It's quite juvenile. But this is a gaming forum, I wouldn't expect anything less.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#65  Edited By Dagbiker

@mikey87144 said:

So when I first read about the changes being made to Ninja Gaiden 3 my initial reaction was that the game would probably be bad. They were taking away the complexity of the combat, the difficulty, and some of the upgrades in favor of a dumbed down game to appeal more to the masses. Well as we all know the game that came out was just a bad game that neither old fans or potential new fans would like.

This got me thinking, what games did you know would be bad just by reading/watching some of the coverage of it?

Before you name the game please limit it to games that are actually bad and not games you dislike. Every time I see GTA, MGS4, Mass Effect 2, to name a few, listed as bad games I just want to strangle that person. JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S BAD.

If some one doesn't like a game and can articulate why, then they are bad games. But saying a game is bad is just an opinion. For example i liked Dragon age 2, but i don't get on everyone's ass who says its a bad game, because that's an opinion.

I thought Mass Effect 2 was a bad game, because it lost a lot of the charm, and the appeal of the first one. A lot of what i invested in for the first one, and thought, and was lead to believe was going to be there for the second one was not there.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By Justin258

@DelroyLindo said:

@believer258 said:

@mikey87144 said:

JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S BAD.

Actually...

There's no such thing as an objectively good game because what I enjoy might not be what you enjoy. You can argue all day long about why such and such is a great game in your eyes, but it doesn't mean that I'm going to give a fuck.

I don't have an on topic answer.

Bollocks. I think fighting games are terrible. I get no fun out of them in the slightest. That doesn't mean I think Street Fighter IV is a bad game, far from it. You can easily look at games objectively.

I have already given a response to this very same question twice now. Go look back at it. Please, it's on the second page.

SiMMENS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SiMMENS

Ghostbusters but to my surprise it wasn't!

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#68  Edited By Kidavenger

Pretty much all of the social games coming out now, Farmville, Angry Birds.

Real games, Star Wars: The Old Republic hardly any game play footage leading up to release, not much press at all for a game of it's supposed scope.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#69  Edited By nickux

Deadly Premonition. 

As charming as the story/characters were, the actually playing of the game was as horrible as I imagined.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By dillonwerner

Dragon Age 2 comes to mind. Also Prototype

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Z3RO180

x-blades by south peack games

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72  Edited By Draxyle

I have to second Dragon Age 2. Before the game came out, all of the artwork and in-game UI just looked.. abysmal. It had no style, just.. brown. It managed to look even worse than DA:O (which didn't look all that great either). And it was kinda just pushed out with hardly the emphasis that DA:O had, I don't think they even made their typical CG trailers for it. It was clearly a rushed product set to bank on the success of the original.

Not to mention that they were doing the ridiculous pre-order bonus for an entire extra character. That sent up huge red flags to me.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MariachiMacabre

DNF and any movie game.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Brink and Medal of Honor are the two big ones that come to mind. I had friends hyping the everloving shit out of those games and well...need I say more? Is it me or once you reach a certain level of gamerhood, you can just tell when a game is going to just not be good? I'm not saying you can see into the future and you're right 100% of the time, but you just know...like you just know deep down in your soul that 'that game' is going to be shit.

SWTOR and Rift aren't all bad per se, but ....yeah....I just won't go there. At least not here. I have to just say though, as far the "We're not in Azeroth anymore" thing went, it's somewhat true for a lot of people, but we sure the fuck ain't in Telara anymore either. As far as SWTOR goes, I forgot who said it, but some journalist said like 2 sentences about the game that just completely destroyed any hope I personally had in that game. What Bioware 'did' is completely genius, lazy, and dangerous and I could talk about it forever (I am a wannabe game designer after all lol, a real programmer though if that counts for anything haha). I heard those few sentences and was like "holy fuckin shitcakes, he's right" but ahhhhh let me shut up and not derail this thread.

RedRavN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By RedRavN

I also thought fear 2 was a good game, not exceptionally good but not as bad as a lot of people seemed to think. I thought it was much better then fear 3.

I remember being aprehensive when dragon age 2 was in development. I could smell that turd from a mile away.

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#76  Edited By Scottish_Sin

@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:

@Donkeycow said:

@Stephen_Von_Cloud: I'll admit the combat felt alright but became quickly repetitive after 10 minutes or so. Everything else about it in my opinion was just off putting and bad.

Yeah the game wasn't well reviewed, I think I'm kind of on an island here. I liked the open world aspects and the look of it too.

Nope, I'm with you. I actually didn't mind that game at all.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#77  Edited By zyn

At the top of my head: Duke Nukem Forever, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3...

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By Sooty

Far Cry 2, Resident Evil 5

Avatar image for arproductions_hmg
ARProductions_HMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theodacourt said:

I guess Duke Nukem Forever is a safe bet.

Its not as bad as everyone says it is, its not the best game ever, but then again, can you really say there is a game out there that is a perfect 10? I never seen one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463 said:

Dragon Age 2

Indeed. Once they announced the release date I knew this could not end well. Bioware was set up to take that fall.