Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LordAssinhiemr

Would you like to pre-order (fill in the blank) ? NO

Do you have an Edge card? NO

Would you like to sign up for an Edge card so we can stuff a shitty magazine in your mailbox for 15 doll.... NO

Warranty? NO 

Did you know we...NO

CAN I BUY THIS PIECE OF SHIT GAME IN THIS PIECE OF SHIT HELLHOLE OF A STORE AND LEAVE?

NO.

Let's not leave out how I had to wait twenty minutes in a line behind TWO people because the clerk couldn't stop talking to the costumer about some shit he did in some shitty game.

And then the lady right before me said yes to every question I mentioned earlier because she's a fucking brainless twatlip.

I hate that store. I hate hate hate hate hate hate that store. I hate the games in that store simply because they come from that fucking store. I hate the carpet. I hate the tons of shit they pile up near the counter hoping to sucker some schmuck into buying a fucking Halo action figure. I hate that place so much, I would rather eat fifty used jockstraps dressed with dogshit than to ever walk into that slumshack again.

Hey, Gamestop...FUCK YOU!

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Sounds like the customers are idiots. Also in my job (Cashier) I often talk to customers because we are told to engage them and make them happy. Even if we have to lie though our teeth to do so. 

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By alistercat

I buy every single game online. You dont have to deal with any crap.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai
@The_Laughing_Man: Are you here to expose all the phonies? 
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pinworm45

I like you, get past the limit so you can post more.

LordAssinhiemr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LordAssinhiemr

I don't wish to insult any employees but really, I hate your store. Besides, your position there is only temporary. Quit and we can hate together.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Mordukai said:
" @The_Laughing_Man: Are you here to expose all the phonies?  "
Its just annoying to hear people bitch. I wanna know if the OP has a job where they have to deal with the public. 

I had to talk to some old guy 20 mins about fishing last night because he was a customer.  

Also are you gonna go back to a place to a person who does the bare bones or if the guy talks to you for a wile about the stuff you like and he likes. 
Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spoonman671

Oh my God! I had to wait in line and answer questions!  I don't have time for this, my life is too important!

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RE_Player1

I hate Gamestop too. I hate all retail stores actually. God I hate a lot of things actually...

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mordukai
@The_Laughing_Man: I was referencing Ghost In The Shell. 
septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By septim

I totally agree. I don't mind if they ask about one thing, but when it starts becoming a hard-sell routine sales pitch my blood starts to boil.

Gamestop sucks dick.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By nick_verissimo

I don't believe you. 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Mordukai said:
" @The_Laughing_Man: I was referencing Ghost In The Shell.  "
DUde I am so jacked up on anti biotics I have no clue whats going on right now. 
LordAssinhiemr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LordAssinhiemr
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Mordukai said:
Its just annoying to hear people bitch. I wanna know if the OP has a job where they have to deal with the public.  I had to talk to some old guy 20 mins about fishing last night because he was a customer.   Also are you gonna go back to a place to a person who does the bare bones or if the guy talks to you for a wile about the stuff you like and he likes.  "
I'm a busy man with important meetings. I go to places who get to the point and sell me my shit.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@LordAssinhiemr said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Mordukai said:
Its just annoying to hear people bitch. I wanna know if the OP has a job where they have to deal with the public.  I had to talk to some old guy 20 mins about fishing last night because he was a customer.   Also are you gonna go back to a place to a person who does the bare bones or if the guy talks to you for a wile about the stuff you like and he likes.  "
I'm a busy man with important meetings. I go to places who get to the point and sell me my shit. "
Then plan ahead. Or order online. 
wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By wh1terav3n
@LordAssinhiemr said:
" Would you like to pre-order (fill in the blank) ? NO

Would you like to sign up for an Edge card so we can stuff a shitty magazine in your mailbox for 15 doll.... NO

Warranty? NO 

Did you know we...NO

CAN I BUY THIS PIECE OF SHIT GAME IN THIS PIECE OF SHIT HELLHOLE OF A STORE AND LEAVE?

NO.

Let's not leave out how I had to wait twenty minutes in a line behind TWO people because the clerk couldn't stop talking to the costumer about some shit he did in some shitty game.

And then the lady right before me said yes to every question I mentioned earlier because she's a fucking brainless twatlip.

I hate that store. I hate hate hate hate hate hate that store. I hate the games in that store simply because they come from that fucking store. I hate the carpet. I hate the tons of shit they pile up near the counter hoping to sucker some schmuck into buying a fucking Halo action figure. I hate that place so much, I would rather eat fifty used jockstraps dressed with dogshit than to ever walk into that slumshack again.

Hey, Gamestop...FUCK YOU! "
HEY DUDE, STOP GOING. moron.
blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By blueduck

I hate gamestop too but you also have to understand the employees are forced to try to sell all that stuff or they get fired.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By ch3burashka
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" Sounds like the customers are idiots. Also in my job (Cashier) I often talk to customers because we are told to engage them and make them happy. Even if we have to lie though our teeth to do so.  "
"Engage them... make them happy." 

Sometimes (or should I say, most times) those are two contradicting assignments, in direct conflict with one another.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pinworm45
@Spoonman671 said:
" Oh my God! I had to wait in line and answer questions!  I don't have time for this, my life is too important! "
Actually, yes, my life is too important to sit behind a bunch of retards making smalltalk when I just want to buy a product and leave. I don't want to stand around like an asshole for 20 minutes over a transaction that would take 30 seconds. Thus I'll shop somewhere else. 

Makes sense to me. It's not like that problem happens anywhere else. 

@The_Laughing_Man said:
 Also are you gonna go back to a place to a person who does the bare bones or if the guy talks to you for a wile about the stuff you like and he likes.  "
The latter. I go to a store to buy a product and then to leave. Gamestop employees have an annoyingass habbit of trying to make smalltalk, to which I blow them off. I don't want to shit in your shitty store talking to some weiner because corporate tells him too. I don't want to inconvenience the person behind me in line, and similiarly, I don't want to be inconvenienced for 20 minutes over faux conversation. That's retarded. 

For every sale you think you make by talking about how the Lancer is the best rifle in Gears of War to random ass people, you have lost a sale because someone like me didn't feel like standing in line in your cramped store all day.
LordAssinhiemr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LordAssinhiemr
@wh1terav3n said:
" @LordAssinhiemr said:
" Would you like to pre-order (fill in the blank) ? NO

Warranty? NO 

Did you know we...NO

NO.

Hey, Gamestop...FUCK YOU! "
HEY DUDE, STOP GOING. moron. "
That wasn't nice. I can't bitch because I have to wait a long time to have my copy of Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust?
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@CH3BURASHKA said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" Sounds like the customers are idiots. Also in my job (Cashier) I often talk to customers because we are told to engage them and make them happy. Even if we have to lie though our teeth to do so.  "
"Engage them... make them happy."  Sometimes (or should I say, most times) those are two contradicting assignments, in direct conflict with one another. "
We have a little piece of paper with topics we are supposed to bring up with them. It makes me sick at times. 
Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By SuperWristBands

I went into Gamestop to get my copy of MvC3 and I was delighted by a friendly (not pushy) employee who got me my game and I was out in 5 minutes. Oh also, EBGames was having a sale on Sin & Punishment Star Successor for the Wii. It was $10 and I bought it. Good day for me. Sucks for you TC.

WEGGLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By WEGGLES

there's this new site called amazon or something... you can buy games online and they show up at your door a couple days later. If you order before they're out they usually show up the day they come out. It's really cool. They don't even make you pay shipping most of the time. 

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thebatmobile

People buy games at Gamestop?

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Brians
@LordAssinhiemr:  easy solution online purchasing.
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LiquidSwords

No Caption Provided
LordAssinhiemr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LordAssinhiemr

Online is nice if you can wait but I don't have time to wait. I go go go. I want my shit without the cost of shipping, too. Duh.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pinworm45
@blueduck said:
" I hate gamestop too but you also have to understand the employees are forced to try to sell all that stuff or they get fired. "
I don't understand how saying this is any different than saying "hey guys nazis aren't bad, they were told to do bad things". 

Yes yes, whine about godwin, but seriously, how does a business having bad practices make it unjust to critisize a business for having bad practices? what?
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#30  Edited By beargirl1

it must be only in Montreal that EB Games / GameStop stores are superb.  

oh well, better for me! 

ApuZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ApuZ

I guess I'm the only one that has a gamestop with genuinely awesome people working there.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By Claude

I love my Gamestop.
 I love my Gamestop.
BigLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BigLemon

These "I hate Gamestop" threads are old hat.  

It's a business, just like any other. They're going to try and sell you things. Is it that big of a hassle to be engaged by another human being? We've all heard the horror stories about their shifty sales tactics, but let's not generalize for the whole lot. I don't shop there a lot, but when I do, I have fairly good experiences. 

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AlexW00d
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Mordukai said:
I work in retail and I am always dealing with members of the public, but i've never given a reach around just to make a customer happy, nor my boss for that matter. And why did you have to talk to him for 20 minutes? Surely you would have been better off talking for like 3 minutes and then doing your job for the other 17. 
Also I would much rather go to a shop and purchasing whatever takes a matter of seconds, not minutes.
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My GameStop is usually fine, though I haven't been in a long time.  Most of the employees let you get your shit and get out.  There are a few though that were new last time I was there and they did the shit where they ask you twenty million questions with literally 6 people in line behind me.  Makes it EXTREMELY awkward for me to have to sit there and hold up the line for 10+ minutes because the dude won't stop giving me sales pitches.  Like I said, it's usually fine though.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iam3green

good old gamestop. with people always complain about it. i do agree though. the last time i went there it was only managers there. it was pretty good, i didn't have anyone bother me.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fwylo

NO.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BabyChooChoo

GOD DAMN those employess for doing their jobs!

p3lon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By p3lon_

I never really had any type of problems with the Gamestop I go to. People know their stuff.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#40  Edited By gingertastic_10

Sorry. I still like the store. 

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By melcene

Funny.  I was just at a Gamestop the other day with my daughter who was buying herself a new DSiXL.  They didn't ask any of these questions.  Now true, I just gave them my PowerUp card before they could ask.  Although I would think that if someone is buying a piece of hardware, an important question to ask would be "would you like to purchase a warranty with that?"  That's what I get for not going to my regular store. 

But I have to agree that if people have a problem with Gamestop STOP FUCKING SHOPPING THERE.  You shouldn't be surprised by any of those questions, they've been asking them for years.  

JaroLeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JaroLeman

I live in the UK and we have a store called "Game" which I have a sneaky feeling maybe be owned by the same overlords. Anyway thanks for creating a place on the interweb for me to release this:

I HATE YOU GAME!

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By me3639

If there were a contest for drinking a 12 pack each time "Gamestop" is in a thread title, we would all be alcoholics by now.

lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lordbazuco

I'm definitely the minority here but..... I like Game Stop. yeah i could order online and not get sucked into all the more or less pointless pre-order stuff. but I dunno I have never disliked being at a Game Stop. Maybe its just cause the employees there are nice to me since I've been going to the same Game stop for like 5 years now.  

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MikkaQ

Then you should probably stop shopping there or something. I dunno, makes sense to me.

BigLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BigLemon
@me3639 said:
" If there were a contest for drinking a 12 pack each time "Gamestop" is in a thread title, we would all be alcoholics by now. "
unless it was a TWELVE PACK OF WATER! WHICH IS A THING. MAYBE.
gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#47  Edited By gla55jAw

I understand why people hate GameStop. Hell I'm pretty pissed at Best Buy because some jerk off didn't put my MvC3 Special Edition aside and now I have to wait, but there is a simple solution to this. Stop going there. Go to Target, order from Amazon.

Also, I kind of like GameStop. There used to be a dick working at the one by me, but he's gone now, plus the other one I started going to, everyone that works there is cool.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Ehh sure there business practices suck but I think it depends whose working there. 
The people that work at my local gamestop are pretty chill. They act polite and let me buy my game then leave, no bullshit attached. Also if they do talk about games they actually know what they're talking without sounding like a snarky asshole. 

I'm not saying that all my gamestop experience have been great. I'm been to those stores where its just the worst thing ever. Like I said it really depends whose working there.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By Ravenousrattler

you know what stop going already, jeez come on man start buying stuff online if you don't want to deal with this minor bullshit.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50  Edited By Animasta

the two that I usually go to (one near the college campus, one near my house) are pretty cool and let you buy your game after a token "do you want an edge card" thing, but jesus dude, buy online.