Giant Bomb: 10 Year Anniversary Content?

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By htr10

2018 is the 10-year anniversary of the launch of Giant Bomb. I love the current state of Giant Bomb. Ben Pack is hilarious and Breakfast 'N' Ben is maybe my favorite new feature on the site, particularly when Jan is riding shotgun. Abby continues to shine bright, especially during her stretch running the show for 13 Deadly Sims, and I'm really looking forward to her getting back to some horror games when October comes around again. Jeff Bakalar might be the secret MVP of the website. No one needs to talk up how great Dan and Jason have been for this site, although I miss their head-to-head "chemistry".

That aside, are we ever going to get Jeff and Vinny content again? For me personally, this website was built upon 2 things: 1) Jeff and Vinny's chemistry with the P4 ER and 2) Ryan Davis' chemistry with everyone. The All Systems Goku podcast has proven that East and West coast separation isn't a show stopper anymore. No one's asking for another 99 hour 59 minute JRPG playthrough, some one-off content would be great.

On a similar note, any hope for a 10-year anniversary one-shot podcast with Jeff, Vinny, and Brad? Alex makes sense as the 4th since he actually appeared as a guest on the podcast with Jeff and Ryan before even Brad and Vinny (if I remember correctly), or, ultimate fantasy, they get Dave Snider. We know Dave is out there. We got to see him in the back of that one video around the holidays.

Last and not least, I wish Rorie and Alex would from time to time tell me the names of some good movies to watch on Netflix. I never would have seen Trollhunter and Let the Right One In without their segments on the old Whiskey Media Happy Hours.

Alright, I'm done. Back to living in the present.

Moderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think jeff said it on the podcast once that he doesn't like the idea of celebrating of ones-self and in that, I would say, do not expect anything lol... beside that, east did give tribute to Ryan on friday which was as much as I think they will do. Who knows tho given e3 passed, hopefully they got stuff in the works

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

There is a thread rolling around here that's likely reached its conclusion in terms of submissions, but pretty clearly says Ben, Rorie and likely some small army of moderators/engineers/someone are stitching together an anniversary podcast of fan favorite moments. I wouldn't expect anything more than that, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6f0f4262550
deactivated-5d6f0f4262550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A shirt saying, "Giantbomb, it's a website about anime." Would be appropriate.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nutter

Just celebrate by making Giant Bomb Infinite loop the “Too Human: It’s a Video Game” video thing non-stop for 24 hours.

In case anyone wasn’t here at the time and missed this magestic magnum opus:

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/video-thing-2human/2300-29/

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nutter: Holy Shit. Also, blap blap blap.

Holy shit balls. Like, holy shit. Also, I love Brad "I'm just gonna stand here but this shirt as a bandana makes me look hard."

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortextk: If this is your first time seeing this, you’ve made me legitimately happy to share this brilliant moment in time.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nutter: Yes. I wasn't watching giantbomb till the DP endurance runs and while I did go through old stuff(remember when you could watch every GB video of the week in a couple hours at most?) I obviously didn't see all of it. This is amazing.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That’s a classic...the Hotline Miami quick look is another.

Ryan comes around on that game in the most amazing way.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, the Best of's keep you covered in terms of clip shows.