• 57 results
KrisCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By KrisCarter

Unfortunateley the internet allows people to be anonymous. That gives people who in real life would shirk away from the slightest confrontation, balls of steel. They use this new-found courage to be assholes. They seem to be everywhere, giant bomb is no exception. They delight in just doing douchey things without fear of reprisal. Yeah we can Flag the hell out of them but that just seems to encourage them. 

I really want a block featureso the asshole can be ignored and left in there troll corners.

You know the type I am talking about, they usually frequent 4-chan.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

I think this site has done a good job in keeping out the 'trash'

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By cap123

yeah, compared to other forums giantbomb seems to have a pretty low asshole population.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Milkman

That would be no fun.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FengShuiGod

I don't post here too often, but I haven't noticed anyone who is worthy of the ignore button and hasn't been quickly banned. I agree with Dany, this site seems to have done a good job of keeping things clean.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheCreamFilling

Yeah, so far this is a far nicer place then others I have frequented. 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7  Edited By natetodamax

I would like that 

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By AltonBrown
@KrisCarter:  Aww, is you mad at someone?

Also, you're a comic man, right? What's your opinion on Luke Cage?
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By beargirl1

i don't think we need that as the number of assholes here is a very low number, if we even have any. 

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By OllyOxenFree
@cap123 said:

" yeah, compared to other forums giantbomb seems to have a pretty low asshole population. "

I guess I'm unlucky to run into a handful of assholes.
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Daveyo520

I have not experienced anyone truely negative here.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By EpicSteve

But no one will be able to read the garbage I post daily.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aetos

I've never really seen anyone that I would use a block button on. Almost everyone here is great if not everyone.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By vidiot
@AjayRaz said:
" i don't think we need that as the number of assholes here is a very low number, if we even have any.  "
EXCEPT FOR YOU!!! NOW GIVE ME YOUR LUNCH MONEY!

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jeffsekai

I agree

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgentofChaos

Assholes exist, but this site has a lower number of assholes than nearly anywhere else on the web.

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ricetopher

The mods definitely do there best to keep the assholes to a minimum, though with quests and all the subsequent spam they have more to deal with. At some point you just need an internal "ignore button". People on the internet can and will be assholes, if you let anonymous people get to you, you've got bigger problems.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TotalEklypse

but... i dont wana get blocked =( 

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Undeadpool

I've been all over this wild and crazy intarweb of ours and I have to say that Giantbomb's asshole quotient is REALLY low compared to other places. Just go to the Bioware forums and try to start a civilized conversation about ANYthing. (Don't get me wrong, I LOOOOOVE Bioware, but that community scares me)

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#20  Edited By yetiantics

only way i see having a block button is if some douchebag keeps sending you private messages. harrassing you and stuff.

KrisCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KrisCarter

They seem to find me here then....

Apparently I am an asshole magnet. Pun intended.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By Willy105

I don't like ignore or block buttons.

There has to be a different way to deal with the trolls.

KrisCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KrisCarter
@Willy105:  Suggest another way...
ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ricetopher
@Willy105:  As of now its called the flag button, though maybe a "report user" would be more effective? And have some penalty to users who report users who don't deserve it or something to avoid abuse.
Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jrad

I want this so I can simply filter out everyone who disagrees with me.

The GB forums would become a personal heaven filled to the the brim with people doing naught but fellating me & my views.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Willy105
@KrisCarter said:
" @Willy105:  Suggest another way... "
Being able to delete their comments if they troll in your own blogs would be nice.
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like one, there are a few users I just can't stand and a few that troll a lot that I would love to block.  But, that said, GB's community is by far the best out of any community I've ever been to.  By far the least amount of trolls and ass holes.  So for that reason it's probably not really needed.

KrisCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KrisCarter
@Willy105:  I agree.
KrisCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KrisCarter
@Jrad said:
" I want this so I can simply filter out everyone who disagrees with me.  The GB forums would become a personal heaven filled to the the brim with people doing naught but fellating me & my views. "
You are one of the douches I want to avoid.
 This isn't an opinion different than mine, this is a small minded taunting attack on someone you do no know. Your assumptions about me are base and unintelligent. If you disagree with something I say you better come better equipped to the discussion. Childish, vulgar, and ignorant statements trying to paint me as something I'm not is not a discussion. You are a Troll in every sense of the word.  If you want to talk about this face to face and see if you would say that to my face stop by my table in artist alley during Nycomicon this year. We will finish this talk. :)
George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By George_Hukas

Even the assholes of Giant Bomb are pretty awesome I think

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Tell a mod, they'll set em straight.

Then again judging by this thread, maybe OP is the odd one out who just can't stand anyone on here... Or take a joke for that matter.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#32  Edited By yetiantics

oshi-... shit just got real, ya'll
Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33  Edited By MasturbatingBear
@KrisCarter said:
" @Jrad said:
" I want this so I can simply filter out everyone who disagrees with me.  The GB forums would become a personal heaven filled to the the brim with people doing naught but fellating me & my views. "
You are one of the douches I want to avoid.  This isn't an opinion different than mine, this is a small minded taunting attack on someone you do no know. Your assumptions about me are base and unintelligent. If you disagree with something I say you better come better equipped to the discussion. Childish, vulgar, and ignorant statements trying to paint me as something I'm not is not a discussion. You are a Troll in every sense of the word.  If you want to talk about this face to face and see if you would say that to my face stop by my table in artist alley during Nycomicon this year. We will finish this talk. :) "
At least the respectable of us can manage to type one sentence without one grammatical error. Or personally attacking others with,ironically enough, different opinions.

I am not necessarily one of these, but calm down...
yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By yakov456
@KrisCarter said:
" @Jrad said:
You are one of the douches I want to avoid.  This isn't an opinion different than mine, this is a small minded taunting attack on someone you do no know. Your assumptions about me are base and unintelligent. If you disagree with something I say you better come better equipped to the discussion. Childish, vulgar, and ignorant statements trying to paint me as something I'm not is not a discussion. You are a Troll in every sense of the word.  If you want to talk about this face to face and see if you would say that to my face stop by my table in artist alley during Nycomicon this year. We will finish this talk. :) "
I'm pretty sure he is being sarcastic, or at the very least joking around dude.
clush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By clush
@yakov456 said:

" @KrisCarter said:

" @Jrad said:
I'm pretty sure he is being sarcastic, or at the very least joking around dude. "

IRONY! Oh, how I love thee!

Unless... you're being sarcastic as well in which case the joke is on me, which would be even more ironic.

Unless... I'm being sarcastic as well. Did I mention that besides irony I love mindfucks (not in a literal sense) as well?

KrisCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KrisCarter
@yakov456:  I hope he was just joking.  It wasn't funny,  so, maybe incorrectly, I took it as an attack. Still, as one of the few people here, and everywhere I go in life, I don't use a silly alias to hide. I am not some anonymous fanboy. My name is my name. So take it a little personally when someone attacks me with idiocy. The stupid offend me, cowards offend me. Whatever I say here is exactly what I would say to a persons face.  I would love for anybody to come up and meet me at NYcomicon and discus any of the topics here on Giant Bomb and I can Guarantee you not a single person, joking or not would say any of that to me. I wouldn't do it to anyone else either. Unless they were friends of course., then I would say all type of horrible shit to them, but at least it would be funny.
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ace829

I think it's when political topics are being discussed that there should be an ignore or block button. However this is something that can apply to almost all forums. Not just GB exclusively. Politics tends to bring out some really stupid sides out of people (me included). Other than that everyone here is pretty awesome save for a few insignificant users. Keep up the awesomeness, GB.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not allowing yourself to get really pissed off is a good exercise in self-control. My favorite technique? Scrolling over posts from people who annoy you. Technology is awesome like that. 

If people are trolling so much that it's becoming a problem, they should be suspended or something. Not being able to see their posts would just get confusing.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Seedofpower

Well, when it comes to those kinds of people on the forums, we as a community do a good job of braiding them on their own threads.  I find it entertaining. 
Thou it is annoying when you are trying to take a thread seriously.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@Milkman said:
" That would be no fun. "
Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jrad
@clush said:
" @yakov456 said:

" @KrisCarter said:

" @Jrad said:
I'm pretty sure he is being sarcastic, or at the very least joking around dude. "

Unless... you're being sarcastic as well in which case the joke is on me, which would be even more ironic.

Unless... I'm being sarcastic as well. Did I mention that besides irony I love mindfucks (not in a literal sense) as well?

"

Alternative interpretation: You guys overestimated me and I was being totally serious. Imagine opening a thread and finding it free of negativity! Truly bliss.
KrisCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KrisCarter

I think it would be beneficial to explain my ire.

I wrote a blog post, now deleted, where I extolled the virtues of the Giant Bomb Community. I was serious and am happy that I have found a few people to actually discus interests with.

Then came some kid with the user name Luce. He is a douchebag.

His only response to my blogpost.

"Blow me"

No explanations, just "blow me"

When I responded quizzically to what the fuck was his problem he responded with "The offer still stand...Blow Me"

So me being me I told him that his father mouth rapes him every night. 

He responded by again asking me to fellate him in private messages.

So I just deleted the blog post all together and decided it wasn't worth spending time even trying to figure out if he was propositiong me for gay sex or he was an idiot. I think it was the former by the way.

This is when I thought to myself wow, wouldn't it be nice to click a button so I wouldn't ever have to here from this person again and I started this thread.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43  Edited By MasturbatingBear
@KrisCarter said:

" I think it would be beneficial to explain my ire.  I wrote a blog post, now deleted, where I extolled the virtues of the Giant Bomb Community. I was serious and am happy that I have found a few people to actually discus interests with.  Then came some kid with the user name Luce. He is a douchebag.  His only response to my blogpost.  "Blow me"  No explanations, just "blow me"  When I responded quizzically to what the fuck was his problem he responded with "The offer still stand...Blow Me"  So me being me I told him that his father mouth rapes him every night.   He responded by again asking me to fellate him in private messages.  So I just deleted the blog post all together and decided it wasn't worth spending time even trying to figure out if he was propositiong me for gay sex or he was an idiot. I think it was the former by the way.  This is when I thought to myself wow, wouldn't it be nice to click a button so I wouldn't ever have to here from this person again and I started this thread. "

Easily solution, just blow him dude.

Its called appeasement, we've been doing it forever.
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Origina1Penguin

There's a no nonsense approach to personal attacks and harassment around here. I haven't heard of any case that wasn't settled very quickly by sending a PM to one or more moderator.

KrisCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KrisCarter
@Jrad said:
" @clush said:
" @yakov456 said:

" @KrisCarter said:

" @Jrad said:

"
Alternative interpretation: You guys overestimated me and I was being totally serious. Imagine opening a thread and finding it free of negativity! Truly bliss. "
Discussion and disagreements are not the same as being uncivilized and immature. I love healthy debate about anything. I encourage it. So much so most people think I am too aggressive.  Free exchange of ideas and debate are where new concepts are born.
KrisCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KrisCarter
@MasturbatingBear said:
" @KrisCarter said:

" I think it would be beneficial to explain my ire.  I wrote a blog post, now deleted, where I extolled the virtues of the Giant Bomb Community. I was serious and am happy that I have found a few people to actually discus interests with.  Then came some kid with the user name Luce. He is a douchebag.  His only response to my blogpost.  "Blow me"  No explanations, just "blow me"  When I responded quizzically to what the fuck was his problem he responded with "The offer still stand...Blow Me"  So me being me I told him that his father mouth rapes him every night.   He responded by again asking me to fellate him in private messages.  So I just deleted the blog post all together and decided it wasn't worth spending time even trying to figure out if he was propositiong me for gay sex or he was an idiot. I think it was the former by the way.  This is when I thought to myself wow, wouldn't it be nice to click a button so I wouldn't ever have to here from this person again and I started this thread. "

Easily solution, just blow him dude.  Its called appeasement, we've been doing it forever. "
Sorry I'm not a Democrat I don't believe in appeasement.
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ace829
@KrisCarter said:
" @MasturbatingBear said:
" @KrisCarter said:

Easily solution, just blow him dude.  Its called appeasement, we've been doing it forever. "
Sorry I'm not a Democrat I don't believe in appeasement. "
Hahahahaha. That was a good one. *raises hand for hi-5*
KrisCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By KrisCarter
@AuthenticM: I'm always calm.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By trophyhunter

then who would talk to me?

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AuthenticM

@KrisCarter said:

Sorry I'm not a Democrat I don't believe in appeasement. "

You're being exactly what you hate: a douche. If such a filter were to be implemented on GB, you would censor yourself. Just calm down and shut up.