Giantbomb's really stepped up their game

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By guanophobic

I just wanted to show some appreciation about how much new content you guys have been putting up on the site the last month. New hires, GBEAST and Patrick have really stepped it up, even though the summer is usually considered a drought in gaming.

Edit: Oh, and it would be cool to see Jason in front of the camera aswell!

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Agreed, more Jason would be nice. I want to get to know that dude better.

I do kinda wish there wasn't so much new content; as someone who likes to watch all of it, it can be time-consuming to get through so many damn videos in one week.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cannot agree more with this post. I'll admit: I wasn't certain that all the sudden changes to GB would work out for the better. But if they keep putting out this much quality content consistently, I will be among GB's most fervent supporters. Keep on keepin' on, Bomb Squad!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

I've really enjoyed a lot of the GBEAST stuff. Even though it's basically just been more QLs, Vinny is always a treat, and it's especially great to see him taking the lead with so many games. He's also the only guy I can watch play a game on his lonesome. I at first thought he and Alex didn't quite mesh all too well and was a little worried, but as time has gone on they've already quickly settled into becoming my favourite QL duo even.

Dan's also pretty awesome too, even if he at times basically comes across as an echo chamber for Jeff. Though when it comes time for him assert his own differing opinions I like that he stands by them, like when he was earnestly describing why he liked Majora's mask during an UPF (I think). This new WoW feature is also pretty entertaining thus far due to Dan's childlike enthusiasm for trying out something new.

Weirdly enough it sorta feels like Patrick has fallen to the sidelines a little amidst the avalanche of QLs lately. Though even he is stepping up his game with his skills in editing. So yeah, Giant Bomb overall is in a pretty OK place right about now. I'd still like to see a little more variety in the future, and the actual site itself along with the wiki still leave a lot to be desired... But given how mediocre Giant Bomb was becoming just only a few months ago, its current status definitely sets an optimistic outlook.

Oh, and while I don't really care about following their twitter stuff, it does seem strange how Jason's twitter feed isn't linked on the main page.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Agreed, more Jason would be nice. I want to get to know that dude better.

I do kinda wish there wasn't so much new content; as someone who likes to watch all of it, it can be time-consuming to get through so many damn videos in one week.

Please yes to the first, please no to the second

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Levius

I was really concerned about Vinny leaving the office, but GBeast has been a triumph, I really like the premium Vinny live streams. Also, Dan has proved to be the best possible person for the job, the Mario Party Party stream reminded me of the Whisky media glory days. Congratulations Duders!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

One might say giant bomb has BLOWN UP.

(I'll see myself out.)

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

haha not two weeks ago people were complaining there isn't enough content. Now there's too much content- that's priceless.

It's better to have too much, anyway. You don't have to watch it all this day, week, or month.

Giantbomb.com staff: keep doing what you're doing. I never doubted you, and I never will.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only two quick looks the past two days. Site literally dead.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@somedelicook: I was mostly kidding about that second part. I have enjoyed ALL of the new content, even stupid stuff like the Mario Party video. Besides, more videos just means more time I can spend leveling in FFXI, as it gives me something to do while I endlessly grind away.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah, GUYS STOP PUTTING UP TOO MUCH CONTENT I CAN'T CATCH UP!!! ;_;

I'm just kidding. Keep it up, you lovely people!

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I was a bit worried about the whole Vinny moving back east thing but it seems like it has made for even more content.

Also really enjoying Dan playing World of Warcraft since I never really jumped on the MMO train so it's fun to see someone else who has no idea what that game is about.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Seriously, having all of this amazing stuff to watch and listen to is an outrage. Someone should start a petition.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

It's been good.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex and Vinny have good (for a lack of a better word) chemistry on camera, and their quick look/video output has been really great! Dan is a good replacement wild card to Vinny and has uplifted their content output as well. Brad as Bombcast host was a really smart decision because he's made it feel organized again and seems like he cares about it a lot more than Jeff does (something Jeff has said himself). Patrick is Patrick, which is a good thing. He's best suited when he can go and do his own thing, which results in some really cool/interesting content. Still hoping he does the thing where he gets developers to co-commentate on quick looks (a developer eye could be really informative for that sort of thing)

My only complaint is Jason should really develop a more noticeable video production style/personality. I don't mean he needs to be in front of the camera, just that he needs to add some style and flair to the way he produces stuff. It feels almost like when Ian was producing stuff, which was boring. Not really a huge complaint to be honest, because everything else has just been so amazing since the new guys have come along and Vinny/Alex got their footing on the east coast. It makes me really happy to be a member of this community and glad to support this site.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

They have done a very very nice job hitting the ground running.

It's amazing how fast Vinny and Alex got gBEAST rolling, and Dad has meshed so quickly with gBwEST that it feels like he has been here for years already.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

Quantity does not equal quality. I think a lot of the quick looks are being done as filler content in hopes they are funny or at least entertaining but some of been really bad from a sense of the game themselves and the lack of enthusiasm for doing so. Thats from the SF crew. As for vinny and Alex, i didnt know if i was going to like them together but they gel perfectly. Though, i think Vinny can make everyone more interesting. My advice, just because you make a video doesn't mean you have to post it.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I like hours and hours of content, I'm kind of happy that there's been a return to the old days of the Quick Look, back to when they were, you know. Shorter quick looks seem to indicate more games covered, and I have no complaints about seeing more games.

I've never really been one to care about free vs. premium content, but there's also been a ton of really great subscriber content. I can't say I was interested in the on screen goings on of the WOW feature, but it was super interesting to listen to Dan ask questions and Jeff reminisce about the genre. Just give me that Feeding Dan Ryckert feature, and everything will be perfect.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The content has been flowing in a crazy amount, which is awesome. Granted i haven't watched all the recent quick looks cus its all indie weird stuff. Which dont get me wrong, thats not bad, but they generally dont make very entertaining quicklooks.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

It's been great. Felt like they'd been suffering from a drought of content a lot of time since Ryan's untimely passing, but ever since Vinny moved back East and Dan and Jason joined, they've been putting out so much stuff. It's awesome. Fantastic to see the site back in top form.