Have you ever felt bad for not buying a good game?

• 71 results
BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BPRJCTX

So, i just borrowed Driver San Francisco from a friend, played it for an hour, and...

Man, what a great game!!!

I can't believe i missed out on this game for so long.

I was interested in it before it came out, cos i loved the first few games, but then it came out, and some ppl like it others not so much, but the thing that just made me pass on it, was the stupid premise of the story.

It just sounded so ridiculous, i was like, what the fuck are they doing to Driver?!

But after playing it, man, this is the best best thing they could have done.

It's just so much fun to play, and so innovative, the way you can shift into any car at any time, great cars, great music, great 80's buddy cop vibe, there's so much to this game.

And man, i can't remember the last time i laughed so much playing a game, it's just so funny!

And the stupid premise of the story, turns out to be the thing that makes the wholle game, not only does it serve the crazy innovative gameplay, but it gives the writers liberty to just come up with all kinds of crazy stuff.

And no matter what they do, it will probably all still make sense!!!

Man, this game is amazing.

And now i feel like shit, for not buying it day one.

This is the kind of game that comes out once every full moon, and man, i don't know how much it sold, but, i'd feel really bad, if these guys weren't able to make another game like this.

Anyway, i'll go out tomorrow and see if i can still buy a new copy, it probably won't matter now, but still...

So, have you guys ever felt this way, about any game?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I bought Mass Effect 1 for 20 bucks, I felt so sorry I bought the PC edition, the xbox best seller edition and the collectors edition the week after.
Fuck, I loved that game.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BPRJCTX

@Video_Game_King said:

If not, you should.

Wow, my friend also owns that game, he told me that it's not very fun to play, but has some amazing visuals.

Man, i thought it looked cool too, but never found the time to play it.

But yeah, i agree, it'll be a whille before we get a game with that much style.

Cos it probably bombed.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I always feel bad for buying indie games during the Steam sale then the developer has an interview not long after with a statement along the lines of "we're glad so many people played and enjoyed our game, but...we kinda didn't really make that much money during the sale because of the price we sold it at..."

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6  Edited By Giantstalker

Since a game being good or not is entirely subjective, it's a pretty difficult question to ask.

Critically acclaimed indie games - which often get rave reviews - are an example for me. 9 times out of 10, I find them boring and switch to something else within fifteen minutes. But they're so cheap on Steam, I ended up buying huge bundles of them to see what they were like. Boy, was that a mistake.

I no longer consider them good games and therefore the remorse is gone.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@BPRJCTX:

You don't have good friends.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BPRJCTX

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I bought Mass Effect 1 for 20 bucks, I felt so sorry I bought the PC edition, the xbox best seller edition and the collectors edition the week after. Fuck, I loved that game.

Yeah, to tell you the truth, it was one of the reasons i got an Xbox.

And i still think the first Mass Effect was the best in the series.

It just got too actiony for my taste, after that.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#9  Edited By pyromagnestir

I didn't buy Saints Row the Third I rented it from Gamefly (during a month I only paid a dollar for no less). What with the financial troubles their overlord is having I feel a little bad about that.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Zippedbinders

@Video_Game_King said:

If not, you should.

You know, I've got it, but the fighting isn't gelling well with me. Every fight feels like an uphill battle with no visual response if I'm doing well or not. Its gorgeous, but the combat is very banal.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BPRJCTX

@Giantstalker said:

Since a game being good or not is entirely subjective, it's a pretty difficult question to ask.

Critically acclaimed indie games - which often get rave reviews - are an example for me. 9 times out of 10, I find them boring and switch to something else within fifteen minutes. But they're so cheap on Steam, I ended up buying huge bundles of them to see what they were like. Boy, was that a mistake.

I no longer consider them good games and therefore the remorse is gone.

No, i'm more talking about games you might have missed, because you weren't interested at the time, or didn't get good reviews or something like that, but then after playing it later, you realized it was a great game.

Did that ever happen to you?

And if it did, did you feel bad for not giving it a chance when it came out?

@Video_Game_King said:

@BPRJCTX:

You don't have good friends.

Lol. well, at least he bought it, that has to count for something.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Zippedbinders said:

@Video_Game_King said:

If not, you should.

You know, I've got it, but the fighting isn't gelling well with me. Every fight feels like an uphill battle with no visual response if I'm doing well or not. Its gorgeous, but the combat is very banal.

I'm with you. It looks nice and all but the combat is tedious.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BPRJCTX

@pyromagnestir said:

I didn't buy Saints Row the Third I rented it from Gamefly (during a month I only paid a dollar for no less). What with the financial troubles their overlord is having I feel a little bad about that.

Oh, yeah, that's what comes to mind when something like this happens.

Man, these guys made this great game, and because it didn't sell well, they probably won't be able to make another game like this, and they might even get fired.

It's pretty sad, when that happens.

I'm still hoping for a new Soul Reaver...

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By JasonR86

No. Not at all.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Cloudenvy

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Zippedbinders said:

@Video_Game_King said:

If not, you should.

I'm with you. It looks nice and all but the combat is tedious.

*waits for VGK to come in here and murder you both.*

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By maskedarcstrike

I admit......I feel bad for buying Bayonetta at discount for $20 and Vanquish for $40...........

efman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By efman

I feel bad for not having played, nor bought, Asura's Wrath after everything I've been hearing about that game, between the community and GB. I know I'll have to get around to playing it around the time it gets cheaper, because evidently it's not worth the price point? A digital version on Live or PSN sure would've stoked my inner impulse-buy urges. Now I'm repenting back playing devil's advocate to my own point with the whole $-per-hour-of-gameplay justification. I should get this game in the moment, regardless, much like I chomped at the bit of buying Child of Eden day and date.

kuz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kuz101

I bought Shadows of the Damned used for $10. I then beat it three times in a row. I felt bad.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Cloudenvy:

It's too late. They're already dead...from unrelated causes, of course.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BPRJCTX
Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jrinswand

Only once. I was young and didn't know any better, so I bought Jersey Devil. That game was such a crapfest. And I was so proud of myself for saving up all that money too. It could have been worse though. I'll never forget the time when I was even younger that my cousin saved up all of his money to buy The Little Mermaid and then we beat it in like an hour. People like to reminisce about an imaginary time when video games were less expensive, but that shit cost $50.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By nintendoeats

I bought Shadows of the Damned used and felt bad about it...but then I ordered the soundtrack which is very expensive and felt better about it.

Right now I'm feeling really bad about not buying Sniper Elite. Not only is it a sequel that I never expected, but it's 50 (well, 45) bucks on PC. That's a trend worth supporting. I just can't justify buying a full priced game right now.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By ReyGitano

I haven't brought Saint's Row The Third yet... and probably never will because I don't care to play the previous two. I know that I don't need to play them, and that the plot is irrelevant, but my OCD just won't let me have my way. Instead, now I've finally gotten around to playing Dead Space, which was another game I felt bad about not playing sooner... but that's how I usually am with horror games.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BPRJCTX

@efman said:

I feel bad for not having played, nor bought, Asura's Wrath after everything I've been hearing about that game, between the community and GB. I know I'll have to get around to playing it around the time it gets cheaper, because evidently it's not worth the price point? A digital version on Live or PSN sure would've stoked my inner impulse-buy urges. Now I'm repenting back playing devil's advocate to my own point with the whole $-per-hour-of-gameplay justification. I should get this game in the moment, regardless, much like I chomped at the bit of buying Child of Eden day and date.

You know what, i'm with you, i want to play it, but there's 2 things stopping me from buying that game.

The inevitable Game of The year / Complete / Ultimate, or whatever they will call it Edition...

That should come with the "True Ending"...

And the fact that it's a Capcom Game.

I'm on a strict no Capcom diet, for obvious reasons.@kuz101 said:

I bought Shadows of the Damned used for $10. I then beat it three times in a row. I felt bad.

You know, i got that game for cheap online, and i still have to give it a real go.

I tried it when i got it, but, i just didn't have time to play it, or i was busy with some other game, and then just forgot about it.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By BaneFireLord

I really regret buying Just Cause 2 used instead of news. Those guys at Avalanche deserve every cent of every sale of that game.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BPRJCTX

@nintendoeats said:

I bought Shadows of the Damned used and felt bad about it...but then I ordered the soundtrack which is very expensive and felt better about it.

Right now I'm feeling really bad about not buying Sniper Elite. Not only is it a sequel that I never expected, but it's 50 (well, 45) bucks on PC. That's a trend worth supporting. I just can't justify buying a full priced game right now.

Yeah, it's ok to feel bad about not buying Sniper Elite V2, because, well, if it bombs, it'll surely be the last game of that kind they ever make.

If they get to make another game, expect another modern military shooter.

It's sad, but, that's what you need to do these days, if you expect to make money.

@BaneFireLord said:

I really regret buying Just Cause 2 used instead of news. Those guys at Avalanche deserve every cent of every sale of that game.

Yes, i didn't buy it when it came out, but i still bought it new, but yeah, that game was just so much fun.

I also bought Renegade Ops, just to feel a little better about it.

I know it's a great game on it's own, and totally worth the money, but still...

Knowing it was from those guys helped.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By nintendoeats

@BPRJCTX: THANKS. YOU'RE REALLY HELPING.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BPRJCTX

@nintendoeats said:

@BPRJCTX: THANKS. YOU'RE REALLY HELPING.

Nah, it's ok, one more sale isn't really going to help them.

I think that game's fate is set.

Let's just hope it doesn't bring 'hem down with it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I didn't play Singularity until this year when I bought it for real cheap, and I really wished I had bought it when it came out to support it.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By Jeust

@Video_Game_King said:

If not, you should.

No, you shouldn't. Great visual styles, but the combat felt tedious, and I got lost from time to time due to the unusual pacing and the way the plot was delivered. Sorry VGK.

I regret haven't bought Witcher 2, but I don't have a savegame from Witcher ready. And buying the Xbox version would mean losing some quests only open with the transfer of the save.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TentPole

@Video_Game_King said:

If not, you should.

Day one and guilt free.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#32  Edited By Slag

only when I'm not able to find the game when I ultimately decide to get it

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Daroki

@kuz101 said:

I don't feel much better buying it for $22. Almost feel like putting down some cash for Lollipop Chainsaw since Amazon was listing it at $45 instead of $60.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By Grillbar

i buy the games i want to play and even the ones that look interesting and that i might give a go when they are out i even bought streetfighter x tekken at full price on release date even though i knew i would not really play it at all. so far i think i have spend a total of 1 hour in the game

but i fell bad about buying a used game even though the only reason im buying it is that i cant find a retail copy anywhere. its rare but it still happens

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By Claude

Hell yeah, now quit haunting me.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#36  Edited By DarthOrange

I regret nothing!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By Hizang

I still haven't bought Asuras Wrath..

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, kind of a lot. Especially really good Japanese games.

dwgill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dwgill

I haven't ever felt bad for not buying a game as soon as possible per se (financial reasons are usually involved, absolving my conscience of a considerable amount of guilt) but I have felt bad for not paying as much for a game as I later felt it was worth. I bought Cave Story as part of the fourth Humble Indie Bundle, and only months later got around to actually playing it. That game is amazing! Fantastic enough, in fact, that it was one of the pivotal elements that convinced me to purchase a gamepad for my PC—just so I could play it.

But I bought the bundle as a whole for what was probably around $6. About as much as I could afford at the time for a bundle of games I knew nothing about, admittedly, but Cave Story is worth $10 alone. As a result, it marks so far the only time I have ever gone back and increased my order amount for a HiB. I'll probably be going back again sometime in the future when can better afford it, too. That developer deserves more than I gave him for the game I got.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#40  Edited By Legend

I actually feel bad for buying a lot of good games and not playing them. :P

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By Deusoma

I never played Mass Effect 2, because I kept telling myself I was going to go back and replay the first one to see the DLC I'd bought only after all my saves were beyond the point of no return. I felt bad about it for the better part of two years, but seeing as how Mass Effect 3 is apparently a massive disappointment, perhaps it's for the best.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#42  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Video_Game_King: Day one purchase, had a lot of nice things to say (as you know.)

Still kinda feel bad for not getting around to Legends of Grimrock, the first episode of Walking Dead, Yesterday, Closure, or Pineapple Smash Crew this year. I have a chance to play PSC over the next couple weeks though, so I plan to take advantage of that.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BisonHero

I still feel like I should get around to buying Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, just because I like buying the few Wii-exclusive games where the developer actually gave a shit and tried to make an interesting game.

But on the other hand, I've been burned by that practice, like when I bought Kirby's Epic Yarn and found it mind-numbingly dull after the first few hours because the gameplay never changes (though it's so adorable that it seems an obvious choice to put back in the Wii if I get a girlfriend in the next few months or something). Also made the mistake of buying the GoldenEye reimagining when it first came out on the Wii, and that ultimately felt like a mistake, because it's a CoD clone that doesn't have anywhere close to as many multiplayer features.

Still, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories seems like the Eternal Darkness of the Wii, as far as being a pretty decent horror survival thing that has a cool premise but didn't sell super well. I feel a little guilty.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

Devil May Cry 3

Man... I bought that off a fried for somewhere in the region of $20. Then spent the next six months playing this thing through and through and through... I beat it at least five or so times

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've missed out on some great PC games, because although my laptop is all right, it can't handle certain games.

One day I will get a good PC and play all the classics I've missed.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bell_End

@Deusoma said:

I never played Mass Effect 2, because I kept telling myself I was going to go back and replay the first one to see the DLC I'd bought only after all my saves were beyond the point of no return. I felt bad about it for the better part of two years, but seeing as how Mass Effect 3 is apparently a massive disappointment, perhaps it's for the best.

its just the last 10 mins of ME3 that is disappointing (acording to some anyway). the other 30 odd hours are fantastic and missing out on those because of the last 10 mins is stupid.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bell_End

i've never felt bad about not playing a game.

but i do agree that Driver:SF is great

geekdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By geekdown

I bought The Witcher probably two years ago and just started playing it a few days ago. That game is incredible and I can't believe I waited this long to play it.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#49  Edited By shirogane

Nope, cause i buy everything. I just can't resist the temptation and end up buying it on release.

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Orbitz89

I haven't really regretted buying an individual game, But i'm always kicking myself for not having an original PlayStation when i was younger and instead opting for Nintendo 64.. I mean, i loved my N64 when i was a kid.. But looking back.. I feel like an idiot for passing up the PlayStation just so i could play Mario 64.