Have you ever had your !EMAIL! read on the Bombcast?

• 60 results
supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By supaman900s

Have you ever had an email you wrote into the Bombcast actually read on the show? If so, how many times, and what was your email(s) about?

I have written in a few times, but the only email of mine Ryan has read on the show was my very first one I sent. It was about a year ago, and on the previous show, someone wrote in suggesting that a game be made where the player is tasked with being a news camera man or something or other, and I wrote in to inform the crew that a similar game already existed, being the PS2 Grasshopper Manufacture developed Michigan, in which Ryan then said on the show he had ordered a copy of the game and to look out for a quick look of that to come... Which to my knowledge, never happened.

Share/Comment...

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GJSmitty

I've only sent in one, and no, it wasn't read.

punpun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By punpun

no

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By willin

Yes, twice.

Ladies in single file please.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By AuthenticM

Three times! One was about 21:9 televisions, and was shocked to learn that everyone on the 'cast ignored the fact that most movies are shot in such a format. The second was about Assassin's Creed 3, and the third about French Duke Nukem.

supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By supaman900s
@Lights_Up_The_Shaft said:

Yes, twice.

Mind sharing what they were about?
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Dany

Twice and it was exciting both times.

supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By supaman900s
@AuthenticM said:

Three times! One was about 21:9 televisions, and was shocked to learn that everyone on the 'cast ignored the fact that most movies are shot in such a format. The second was about Assassin's Creed 3, and the third about French Duke Nukem.

I recall the French Duke Nukem one, or at least I think I do, it was pretty recent right?
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

No, I haven't, I should probably write in some time.

cornwalliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cornwalliz

Yes, Im the one who ask about Jet Force Gemini

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By willin

@supaman900s said:

@Lights_Up_The_Shaft said:

Yes, twice.

Mind sharing what they were about?

First was one asking if Street Fighter IV was going to get any re-releases and I coined the term 'Street Fiver'

Second one was asking why games don't use likeness for actors in games, putting them in original games like The Wheelman.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AuthenticM

@supaman900s: It was. Some weeks ago.

God that game was awful. I'm glad I didn't waste my money.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By deathstriker666

It was a question I wrote on Formspring to Jeff ; forgot which one exactly but it was when Jeff filled in Ryan as host as he was sick

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By innacces14

Sent twice, never read on the 'cast...

...but was written back to with that second email.

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fripplebubby

Yep. One for one, batting 1.000 so far. It was a question about buying a Xevious arcade cabinet, IIRC.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

I've sent in a couple, but no luck.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By Sooperspy

No, but I also haven't tried to send an Email to them.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By MistaSparkle

I've got a question you guyses could help me out with. When you write in they always read, for example, "Archibald Calrissian from Norway writes in, 'Hey bombcast...'" So what? Do you just type in your name and where you are from in the first line? Do you sign it that way? OR Do you work who you are and where you are from into the !EMAIL!? I've been real confused about this for a while even though its kind of a dumb question, sorry! 

Also, I've wrote in asking: 
if the appearance of guns changed in Borderlands for all guns 
something regarding the meat virgin, wherever you may be 
and when they were saying Brad Garrett was never in anything good, so I emailed in showing how he was in Fallout 

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iam3green

no, i never got my email read.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By crusader8463

I wrote in once about being blind in one eye and how that made me unable to ever use 3D, and how I was worried that if the day ever came that 3D took over that it would basically mean I would have to stop playing games and how I found it odd that these companies never touched on the subject of people like myself when considering this whole 3D fad. It was about a year ago iirc. I made Vinny and the guys laugh because of how I wrote it, so I guess that means I can cross that off the bucket list. Wish I could remember what episode that was, so I could listen to it again. Meant to keep it around.

I wrote a few times after that, but other then one email from Ryan calling me dumb then saying he loved me I was never picked or heard from them again.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By buzz_clik

Yep, a couple of times.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By JJOR64

Two of them.  One about crackers and what you like to put on top of them.  Forgot the other one.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By crusader8463
@MistaSparkle: When I did it, I just did it like this.

Hey guys, [insert name] from [insert where you live] here. I was wondering blah blah blah bad joke that makes everyone in the room sigh. Blah blah blah sexual inuedno. Blah blah blah thanks for reading my email, and keep up the great work. Blah blah blah free handjobs if you are ever in town.  Blah blah blah please don't include that last bit. Blah blah blah but seriously guys, free handies if you are ever in the area. Blah blah etc etc.

You know, the usual.
blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By blackbird415

not on the bombcast, but on one of the early episodes of tested I got advice on a new build I was doing. I asked about the comparison between intel and amd cpus

jackdawkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jackdawkins

I wrote in just over a year ago (7/6/10) commenting on how goddamn big sw:tfu is on steam.

They thought I was crazy when I said it was 30 gigs but steam doesn't think I'm crazy ... it know's I'm right.

>.>

<.<

SkinnyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By SkinnyBlue

I did once. It was about Pokemans.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By toowalrus

Three times- but all in the very early days. ...I may have used a few different names. One was about how Ryan should be replaced with a hot chick (or hot sounding chick, rather), one about what way they like their toilet paper hanging, and one about their experiences with Nuts & Bolts before it came out (which I was stupid excited for).

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By WickedCestus

My friend got his read on one of the E-mail Only Podcasts, and I actually noticed before he did.... I don't think I've ever written one in myself though, and if I did I've forgotten it and it was probably stupid.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By ventilaator

1) Final Fantasy Tactics is the worst game I've ever played. Have you ever played games that everyone says are totally mindblowingly awesome and you're like "eh"

2) Hey Jeff! Which was worse, the 3rd Matrix movie or falling face first into cow shit after being hit by a baseball?

3) Would The Lost Vikings fit in Jeff's list of acceptable answers for the greatest game ever

4) Brad said he'll eat his hat. He should eat his hat.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By YoThatLimp

No but have several replied to. Whoever reads that stuff is pretty cool!

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Scooper

Had a couple read on The Hotspot and once or twice on the Bombcast. It ain't no thang.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By JJWeatherman

I sent one into the Hotspot and Rich and Jeff answered. It was about where they thought gaming would be in like 30 years. They said there would be giant render farms constantly rendering graphics for everyone's games. Now look at OnLive. They weren't far off. :P

I've gotten a couple read on the Bombcast, but who cares? Rich read my earlier question! Life already complete.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yeah, the first (and last) time I sent one in it got read. That was about 2 years ago.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By Elazul

Yep, I've sent one in and had it read. It was really early on. I forget which episode, I think it was the one where they just got GTA 4. Anyway, I asked whether they were planning on setting up a phone line like they had on the Hotspot (because that was always my favorite part of the show) and if not, whether it was okay to send in audio questions via email. Ryan said no to the phoneline but that audio questions were more than welcome. And then nobody fucking sent any.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AlexW00d

They read out my Formspring question about getting hardcore Dave on a t shirt, even though they misunderstood the question, we still got an explanation of the origin of hardcore Dave, which was awesome.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Yup. I wrote in about how two items were linked on Amazon after the Big Live Live Show Live.

DrFidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DrFidget

I’m 3 for 3. The first was when the site was still a blog, I asked if there were going to be spaces for credits and pages for people in said credits when the full site launched.

The second was about an argument I had with my journalism teacher, who basically said bribes are not only acceptable but “that’s how the game is played.” The response Jeff and Ryan gave was great. If you haven’t heard that one it’s a classic. It’s an hour and fourty minutes into the 5-6-08 cast.

The last one I asked was about the availability of Banjo Nuts & Bolts, because despite it’s low sales figures it was sold out or on back-order from everywhere. I even had to wait a few weeks after release to get my pre-ordered copy.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By YoungFrey
@DrCornwalliz said:

Yes, Im the one who ask about Jet Force Gemini

You're not the only one whose letter talked about Jet Force gemini.  I once had an email read where I asked abut the future of Rare after the poor market reaction to all their stuff (this was before Rare basically got rebooted in a new form).   My point was that they should make a new Blast Corp game, but that got edited out. so it just seemed like I was listing their whole back catalog.  There was a pretty negative reaction to jet Force Gemini.  But  plenty of enthusiasm for RC Pro AM.  The worst part was that the question was read in a week without Brad and he seems like the biggest Rare booster there. 
lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lockwoodx

If they start reading my email then I need to change the password.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By babblinmule
@jackdawkins: My god thats weird, I only listened to that podcast on Friday (long story). I remember their reaction being hilarious.
jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By jeanluc

Once and it was an episode with Jeff Green, so I felt super happy.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ajamafalous

I've sent two. Ryan replied to both in email, but they weren't read on the Bombcast itself.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I've had the privilege of hearing Rorie mispronounce my username...twice.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Damian
@DrFidget said:

The second was about an argument I had with my journalism teacher, who basically said bribes are not only acceptable but “that’s how the game is played.” The response Jeff and Ryan gave was great. If you haven’t heard that one it’s a classic. It’s an hour and fourty minutes into the 5-6-08 cast.

I remember those pretty clearly, but the one quoted the most. It lead to some quality discussion. Good email!
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By Shadow

Twice. That's 2/3 of the times I've sent them an email. I think I've got a pretty damn good track record

Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Colin

I sent an email in about Africa back in the Hot spot days and answered it but Jeff failed to say Northern Ireland correctly, I lol'd.

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lebkin

I have sent in six, gotten three of them read on air. The three that got read were:

• Kinect as Vision Cam
  • S-Rank: All achievements or all points
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadows stealing God of War's gameplay vs Symphony of the Night stealing Metroid's

The interesting fact about the S-rank question is that they got the answer wrong. They said you need to get all the achievements for an S-rank. But I have an S-Rank in Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway with only 36/43 achievements.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#48  Edited By Bollard

Yes! 

Mine was the one asking Vinny whether red/blue 3D glasses worked for him, because of his colour-blindness :)

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By EuanDewar

No but a friend did send in a really stupid email once in my name, it was about those stupid giant gummy bears they got in the mail, it wasn't answered. Thank christ.

jackdawkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jackdawkins

@babblinmule: No what's actually funny is the fact that, I believe, ryan laughed at jeff and vinny's "what?" reaction because I had actually annotated it into my e-mail.