Hello Giant Bomb, I want to host a server for YOU.

• 65 results
ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By ImperiousRix

I call Pimple...

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@Durandir: I saw that game on Steam but bought Unstoppable Gorg instead.

So is Evochron really good? The trailer looked interesting, but I went with the kitchy tower defense game because... well it's a kitchy tower defense game. That pretty much says it all. Loves me some tower defense and cheesy sci-fi makes everything better.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#53  Edited By Mento  Moderator

So wait, what's the online version called? Battletoads in BattleMania?

Is it free to play? If I pay real cash, can I unlock different heavy items that the Battletoads' arms turn into after a combo? Is it a rule that we all have to name our generated characters after skin conditions?

I'm sorry, I'm asking too many questions. I'm just too eager to jump in already.

bellmont42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By bellmont42

Yeah I would also have to say CS:S gun game but with no stupid maze maps or texture maps... bring back old gems like Rats and the like.

1nfinitum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By 1nfinitum

@bellmont42: I agree with this 100%. There is no bias about my opinion what-so-ever.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#56  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Set up a Star Wars Galaxies server, there are probably unofficial reverse engineered server software for that around.

1nfinitum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By 1nfinitum
jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#58  Edited By jaqen_hghar

@ZZoMBiE13: Wow, never checked that out, even though I saw the name a few places. Saw the trailer for it now... I might need that one as well :P

But yeah, it is good. I have played 6 hours of it now, mostly trading, cleaning up solar arrays and mining. Not much of a fighter in these kind of games, but I might build and buy a fighter-oriented ship once I got some money rolling in. Two of those hours though I didn't really play. Since there are no loading in game, and you can go everywhere in that galaxy or whatever, I had to try to just go straight towards something. So I pointed my nose towards a nebula, turned off the IDS (inertial dampening system) then punched my afterburner. After getting my speed up from my normal 500 to 5000 I just let my ship drift. I discovered two things. One, a black hole and how dangerous they are. Two, how fucking huge that universe is. I got basically nowhere on the Sector Map, in those two hours.

This means there are lots of blank space where you could build stations and different things. You could play together with a bunch of friends, divide your group into two clans, then compete by building trading stations near each other or something.

g6065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By g6065

This thread is prime evidence as to why the GB community kicks so much ass.

Pure awesome.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By zero_

Wait - what the hell happened in this thread? I swear, I've re-read this entire thread over and over, and I still have no idea why people are saying "This is why GB kicks so much ass"!?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#61  Edited By Humanity

@Zero_ said:

Wait - what the hell happened in this thread? I swear, I've re-read this entire thread over and over, and I still have no idea why people are saying "This is why GB kicks so much ass"!?

Someone made a silly comment and then the author of the thread one upped the silly comment with pictures. Laughs were had - internet hyperbole soon went into full effect.

1nfinitum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By 1nfinitum

Shameless update bump.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Sin4profit

@Durandir said:

Wow.

Anyway, would be cool to get a Evochron Mercenary server going, but I don't think many people play that yet. Just gonna throw that out there anyway.

even though i wont likely play it and it maybe a wasted effort but i'll second this.

Evochron Mercenary seems to be grossly overlooked here at Giant Bomb...It's a Dave game all the way so it's definitely worth taking a look at but has a handful of flaws.

1nfinitum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By 1nfinitum

@Sin4profit: I picked it up a couple of days ago and got stuck in the tutorial (lol) Eventually I'm going to give it a serious shot but I've got quite a bit on my plate atm. Maybe we can get some decent TNT's going again. I miss the TNT's that go back to old network multiplayer games and other more obscure games and pick them apart.

1nfinitum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By 1nfinitum

@Tarsier: I already have a minecraft server, if there's enough demand I might let people from the GB community in. You can send whitelist requests to my PM inbox, all I need is the playername you registered with Minecraft.