Hey, let's raid a WoW stream tomorrow night

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By rorie

Hey, I'm going to be streaming some of the Antorus raids (hopefully all of them) tomorrow night starting at 6 PM PST. If you want to join, feel free to join me on the Americas server on Alliance; just friend me at #frailgesture1115 on Battlenet beforehand to get in my friends list before then, or join me in the chatroom if you just want to watch! If you want to actually hop into the raid, you'll obviously need a 110 character at or above ilvl 890 to join, and you can't have already done the raid this week (the lockouts reset today so hopefully that won't be too major of a deal). Feel free to friend me on Bnet and I'll try to throw open the raid to everyone on my friends list if I can figure out how to do that; you might want to be watching the stream if you intend to join just to find me when I start the raid. I'll probably try to throw together a raid group or regular group before joining the LFR queue, but it'll probably go quick when we do actually queue.

If you haven't done the raids yet, I'd recommend looking into some raid guides before you get in there, as a couple of the fights (the Coven and Argus, especially) can be a bit tricky.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Looking forward to watching!

generic_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I'll see if I can skip another raid to join this one!

Lumbermancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

wtb cross-region play

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Hi Rorie! I'm assuming this is Alliance only so us poor Horde are left out? Wanted to make sure since I don't believe that was noted anywhere.

Also it's a minor point but if people wanted to they could technically go with you even if they've already done it. You can LFR queue as much as you want, you only just get loot once a week (though you could bonus roll if you have coins as much as you want)

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Hi Rorie! I'm assuming this is Alliance only so us poor Horde are left out? Wanted to make sure since I don't believe that was noted anywhere.

Also it's a minor point but if people wanted to they could technically go with you even if they've already done it. You can LFR queue as much as you want, you only just get loot once a week (though you could bonus roll if you have coins as much as you want)

Ah yes, I did forget to mention that this would be Alliance only. I don't have any Horde 110 characters.

adam24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: the chatroom will be the onsite chat, right?

Avatar image for metroidprimerib
MetroidPrimeRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie I've cleared Heroic Antorus every week and have already done Normal on my main (Warlock) but I'd be happy to come on my Warrior, Demon Hunter or Rogue.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Lookin forward to this! Always enjoy these streams.

HolocaustWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HolocaustWolf
AzlamOrlandu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been a long time since I've played WOW. Is there a GB Alliance guild still?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam24 said:

@rorie: the chatroom will be the onsite chat, right?

Yar!

adam24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IanSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wish I could join you, but I only have max level Horde. Look forward to watching along in the chat, though! Antorus is pretty sweet, as WoW raids go.

jasperkazai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, this is right at my guild's raid times. Oh well.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Just got back into WoW with the level scaling, best thing they've done to WoW in years. Will give this a watch.

homewrecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

shouldn't that be "stream a WoW raid"?

MagnusGman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'll be down! i925 Human Frost Mage at your service, Rorie!

mrmatt68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to it, Hope I get in the group.

bpriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would love to see more of this!

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd also love to see more WoW content on this site in any form.

Ryan seemed to be the guy who was most fascinated by MMOs (and their shutdowns) on this site, and it would be great to see Rorie carry that torch.

Battle for Azeroth is just a few months away. Which means there will be a pre-event content patch in Legion. I know Brad played up until at least Wrath of the Lich King, and with the new content patch that added zone scaling, maybe Rorie could entice Brad to revisit Northrend? The rest of the staff seems like they're curious about trying WoW Classic, so there's eventually content for them too.

Rorie just needs to get everyone hooked again, and hopefully WoW content will become the next Murder Island takeover!

I feel that Legion is the best that WoW has ever been in terms of progressing the traditional MMO formula, and I honestly think that Battle for Azeroth will top Legion. Exciting times are ahead.

epicp0tato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By epicp0tato

raid a WoW stream

?

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Thoseposers

Is this archived somewhere? I also think it would be cool to get a bigger WoW presence here even though i've barely played the game, i'd be down to join groups from the community here.

HolocaustWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bpriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@tuxedocruise: I agree and with the new leveling system in place I think it would be fun for them to explore and see the new content.

I also like how low-key Rorie is about this, I would love to get in on his GB LFR stuff. Maybe I will finally fly in Legion because I don't want to deal with a 100% public LFR.