Hi Fi Rush success is an outliner

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Hi Fi Rush success is an outliner (20 votes)

Yes 25%
No 50%
Maybe 15%
None of the above 10%

Hi Fi Rush came out and surprised people to say the least. People like a game almost past 90% of the audience. The audience that hates it admits it's because of the rhythm aspect and not the game. It's not a big open world or and epic or just BIG and IMPORTANT as other hyped series.

I love hype because it is necessary to get you interested…more jaded say It's awful since nothing lives up to it.

My point is…Hi Fi did live up to the hype…cause there was none. It is an outlier. A game like back in the day that got by word of mouth…(game pass helped, and the company admitted it eat your hearts out game pass is hurting the industry people)

So what is it, am I wrong. Can this be done more often. Were they not lucky? Would that game succeed if it weren't for marketing, aka none with a game pass and hot drop. Would people not hate Starfield if it didn't hype itself up (oops, let people know I'm from the future XD).

• 
Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think being able to pull the "And it's available...right now!" from a big publisher at a big event generates its own sort of hype.

So I don't really know how to answer this. It isn't very surprising at all if it did well, but it was able to do so because it has that sort of privilege.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

My answer is no. Hi Fi Rush isn't the first game to come out that didn't get any hype, but turned out to be a huge hit because of word of mouth. You'd only need to look at Vampire Survivors to see another example of that, especially considering there were other games like it before that didn't hit like VS did. The only surprise if you want to call it that, was it being done by a developer known for their horror games. But that is also not a surprise, just look at Guerilla Games. They were known for their FPS, mainly the Killzone series. And yet they were able to create a hit open world game and a new franchise with the Horizon series. There are other examples, but I think you get my point. Now, back to Diablo IV beta :)

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ThePanzini

Hi Fi Rush has ~300K on steam and got 2m players through game pass I wouldn't call it a massive success, Hi Fi Rush got a lot of noise but wasn't really any bigger.

Game Pass numbers from installbaseforum.com

A Plague Tale Requiem - 1 week - 1 million

Disney Dreamlight Valley - 10 days - 1 million

Ori and the Will of the Wisps - 8 months - 2.8 million

Scarlet Nexus - 15 months - 2 million

Metal Hellsinger ~ 3 months - 1 million

Hi Fi Rush - 1+ month - 2 million