Honestly, if a game advertises dual wielding as a feature...

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111

It should involve every weapon in the game. This is mainly a quirk I had with halo 2, even though it was advertised you could dual wield everything, I thought that would've meant dual rocket launchers and such. or dual wielding a sword and a rocket launcher.

I do not care if it is realistic or not, if one of the main pros IS dual wielding. You should be able to wield 2 of every different item. whether that be swords, maces, bows I can understand being one handed but CROSSbows should be dual weild. laser guns, rail guns, plasma guns should all be dual wield, miniguns should as well as long as it makes sense in the fact that the guy is insanely strong.

But one thing I always wanted to see dual weilded, is shields... yeah, like, how would that work in any game? would you be unstoppable to all things if you had two sheilds but was unable to attack everything? or would you be able to bash some faces in... hmmm...

But anyways, I ask this for the fact that it just seems wierd that if a videogame is advertising being able to dual wield, it shouldn't just do it with just two or three weapons. it should do it with either a major amount, or all of them in my opinion.

What is your guys opinion on dual wielding in videogames? Not enough dual wielding or too much?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I am not a fan of dual wielding in games, unless it involves jumping through the air in slow motion (whilst firing two guns). So basically just Max Payne and Stranglehold. 

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bravetoaster

I'm starting to think that you post absurd ideas so people will disagree with you.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

No that just sounds stupid and overpowered. Dual Hammers? Dual Rockets? Dual Warthogs? Way too many things to consider going wrong.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael
@Jay444111 said:
" But one thing I always wanted to see dual weilded, is shields... yeah, like, how would that work in any game? would you be unstoppable to all things if you had two sheilds but was unable to attack everything? or would you be able to bash some faces in... hmmm..."
You can dual wield shields in Demon's Souls. It's pretty useless, but looks cool when you do it with massive Tower Shields.
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jay444111

@Axxol:

I mainly started this just for the fact that the new elder scrolls is going to have dual weilding in it. Does this mean we will be able to dual wield staffs? shields? swords? And if so, why not other weapons in the games universe too? I mean, if my guy in oblivion was able to carry 2000 pounds of items with no trouble at all. why shouldn't I be able to carry a couple 100 pound swords in each hand?

When should dual wielding stop is the question I ask. because you could pretty much dual wield anything if you are strong enough. so when does it stop? does it stop at carrying two heavy as hell swords? or carrying two miniguns as a super soldier?

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By DystopiaX

No, for obvious balance reasons. If you're making a whimsical, ridiculous game, like wet, then ok. Any other game, and it reeks of Bulletstorm like broness, like you're trying to say "YOU CAN DUEL WIELD EVERYTHING BROOOOOOOOO"

Also, because dual BRs/Rockets/Snipes in H2 would seriously unbalance the game.
 @Axxol said: 
" I'm starting to think that you post absurd ideas so people will disagree with you. "
I think it's one of those posters again, who makes an account, posts a few trollish/ridiculous ideas that are somewhat subtle as trolls go, gets hella flamed, either realizes the troll isn't working or is upset because we're all "closeminded" and "biased" and then is never seen again.
Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Bennyishere

Whether or not a game features dual-wielding at all has very little significance to me.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By tourgen

dual-wielding tigers who are in turn dual-wielding chainsaws

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10  Edited By turboman

if only Call of Juarez had duel bibles....

marvin_martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By marvin_martian
@MooseyMcMan said:
" I am not a fan of dual wielding in games, unless it involves jumping through the air in slow motion (whilst firing two guns). So basically just Max Payne and Stranglehold.  "
and WET
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By MysteriousBob

Dual wielding is one of the main reasons why I hated Halo 3. Just... no. Reach got it right.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hunkulese
@Jay444111: Are you on drugs?
Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Badhands

I am stoked they are adding duel wielding into Skyrim. Thats one thing I have never liked about the Elder Scrolls series is a lack of duel wielding. Even if they restrict it to something like WoW, if you have high strength (warrior) you can duel wield bigger weapons but someone like a rogue can only use short swords and daggers. When it comes to duel wielding guns, I don't really care. I mainly play with snipers in games so don't have to worry about duel wielding, I can say though that duel shotties in MW2 was BS. Just pull the triggers and anything infront of you died.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By kingzetta

why to have outrage about a game that's almost 10 years old.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#16  Edited By LordAndrew

I prefer that if a game advertises dual-wielding, the only dual-wieldable weapon is hidden in the secret developer's room, and the developer's room is actually impossible to get to without hacking.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vonocourt
@MysteriousBob said:

" Dual wielding is one of the main reasons why I hated Halo 3. Just... no. Reach got it right. "

I don't remember dual-wielding much at in Halo 3 beyond the occasional use of the brute spiker-thingy. Halo 2 on the other hand was dominated by it.
carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By carlthenimrod

Dual-wielding is lame. Just look at Star Wars. Real men use one lightsaber.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Vonocourt said:
" @MysteriousBob said:

" Dual wielding is one of the main reasons why I hated Halo 3. Just... no. Reach got it right. "

I don't remember dual-wielding much at in Halo 3 beyond the occasional use of the brute spiker-thingy. Halo 2 on the other hand was dominated by it. "
I never played a Halo game prior to three. I just hate having to manage two hands. Its a pain in the arse and it makes individual one handed weapons seem weaker.
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@Icemael said:
" @Jay444111 said:
" But one thing I always wanted to see dual weilded, is shields... yeah, like, how would that work in any game? would you be unstoppable to all things if you had two sheilds but was unable to attack everything? or would you be able to bash some faces in... hmmm..."
You can dual wield shields in Demon's Souls. It's pretty useless, but looks cool when you do it with massive Tower Shields. "
Also Final Fantasy 3, where it was even more useless. Basically, the only classes you'd ever want to do it with (spellcasters) couldn't use shields in the first place.
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Belonpopo

This thread is full of win.