How are you "consuming" Giant Bomb?

Yogevs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm a premium member and I was wondering how everyone else is consuming the GB content.

I'm subscribed on RSS and YouTube but the main way for me is this bookmark that I check a few times a day.

I obviously also searching for specific games if I want to watch some quicklooks.

Anyone else doing something different? Going to the main page and going from there?

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

Anything that isn’t premium I watch on YouTube. Premium stuff I watch on either my phone or on my second monitor while doing something else. When I had my PS4 hooked up the web browser was surprisingly good for watching premium stuff as well.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I listen to podcasts on Spotify (except the Hotspot and anything else that might be Premium only) because I'm addicted to the year-end wrap up feature (and I also don't get why everyone thinks it's bad at podcasts).

I go the GB home page and either go to the Latest tab and scroll to the oldest video I haven't seen but am interested in and press play or click the Forum tab and cross my fingers more than 10 people are using this forum instead of Reddit (and then go to the subreddit...)

I don't often watch the videos closely, if at all, though I try not to tab away from them. I watch a lot less Giant Bomb when playing a deeply immersive story-driven game like Red Dead, God of War or the like, but it's invaluable to me while playing more text-based games like 13 Sentinels/Yakuza or games that go long stretches without any dialogue like Breath of the Wild, or are purely repetitive and grindy like MLB the Show/Civ 6.

I try to stay away from the Youtube channel because the ad breaks are impressive in their frequency at times and always ruin the flow of the videos, especially compared to videos tailored for those sorts of ad breaks.

I mostly don't watch things live because of my work schedule (4PM-12AM) which would lead me to missing the last 30-60 minutes of a lot of content and I like consuming things in unbroken binges. I do try to be around for E3 or its equivalent, though, and happened to get to be in chat for 3 out of 5 Game of the Year days which I found really novel and entertaining.

Avatar image for davesavedtheday
davesavedtheday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a post-pandemic world I'm working from home and generally catching everything live which has been really nice. I used to fill my weekends and evenings w/ whatever I had missed. Now I'm able to keep up on the site's content while bringing in some other stuff too.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If I'm working at home, I have a second laptop next to me where I'll have something playing in the background. That's the only time I might be in the chat.

Occasionally I'll have GB stuff playing while driving in the car (just listening, obviously). And then some nights I'll watch stuff on TV through ChewieBomb, occasionally Youtube.

Since they stopped doing the constant streaming of early Lockdown, I've been catching a lot more of their stuff now. I vastly prefer the shorter, distinct videos and shows.

GuardianBob87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GuardianBob87

@yogevs: I basically have the same bookmark

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By doombot13

I use a podcast app to listen outside the house. Otherwise just my pc at home by going to the site.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bigsocrates  Online

Grind it in a salt grinder, cook it with some water in a spoon over an open flame, and inject that ish directly into my veins.

I can't be the only one here who does that. The rest of you can't all be a bunch of "use as directed" squares.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I visit the homepage several times a day to check the schedule and latest videos.

I listen to the podcasts live or through the native iPhone podcast app the next day.

I sometimes watch live shows on my TV using the Chewiebomb app, but most of the time I watch on my PC.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I check the website for the schedule, then I usually watch all the content either on the Xbox app or the Roku App depending on which one is working better. If I need something on in the background, I'll play older content on my laptop through the website.

atomicfuzzbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Almost exclusively on my second monitor. Since I've been able to work from home, I try to catch shows live whenever I can (and when I'm doing something mindless enough that I can have something playing in the background). Otherwise, through Chrome on my iPad off the GB website.

noobsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm butt chugging Giant Bomb content.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Candles and pentagrams. Their souls will be mine eventually.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I subscribe to their YouTube but don't post there since I'd watch it on the Xbox app, and I rarely watch the content. Aside from that, maybe once a week or every other week I'll come on here, like now, but not so much for their content. I just like to see what kinds of discussions are going on in the forums.

nutta27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I’ll listen to the podcast on my phone via Pocketcasts, watch non premium on YouTube and premium videos on the website via a chromcast.

But to be honest I don’t watch much more than UPF nowadays.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forums, Podcasts, and I follow some of the staff on Twitter. I'll rarely watch stuff unless my YouTube well is just that dry.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pocketcast for all my podcast listening outside, when I'm downstairs or in bed I use the YouTube channel for video's and when I'm behind the computer I use the website to watch video's and the podcast when I'm working.

HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Non premium stuff I watch on YouTube. Premium content or live streams, I watch through the giant bomb video player app on Xbox on my TV or on the second monitor of my PC if I am at my desk. The only thing I use my phone for are premium podcasts through the browser.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the premium podcast feeds in Overcast. Non-premium videos I usually watch on youtube. Premium videos I either watch in a browser or through the Xbox app.

Other than that, it's whatever GB stuff comes through my twitter feed. And occasionally I'll look at "latest videos" on the site to see what's new.

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a premium member and the only content I consume right now are their podcasts and the occasional video. Also I read forum threads and blog posts from a couple users, but I definitely don't use this site as much as I used to. I feel like the site isn't what it once was, especially once Dan left. Now that Abby and Ben are gone too, they really need to hire some new people so things feel fresh. New ideas and perspectives would be appreciated.

bizarrohash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m pretty ritualistic with how I consume their new content. I start the Bombcast on Tuesday evening and spread it over three days. I listen to the Beastcast over Friday and Saturday. I watch the video version of the Hotspot on Sunday mornings.

Everything else I just kinda randomly turn on when I’m playing a game. Infinite was great for that before the purple pop-up screen ruined it. Since then, I’ve been going through old series. I finished Blue Bombin’ and moved onto Vinnyvania.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I listen to and watch everything through the website on a desktop computer. Right now I'm at home using it on my PC, after Covid I'll go back to consuming it through my work computer.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Videos are through the Xbox app, almost exclusively when I'm working. Drum streams are particularly good for that, though I sometimes have issues with the video chugging after the 2:25:00 mark or so on the longer ones and I will have to stop. Podcasts on PocketCasts app, generally when driving or doing household chores. And I'm usually at least a week behind on everything.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

YouTube for free stuff and the Apple TV app for premium content or if I’m going through a specific show. Podcasts I almost always just listen to the podcast.

I don’t really use the website itself that much anymore. Typically will have it on my phone for checking out what’s hitting the site or to see what’s going on in the forums (like this!). Basically none of the livestreams fit in with my schedule now, so I’m rarely in chat seeing something live these days. So by that point, the archives is already up and I’m watching it on my TV.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I listen to the podcasts in Overcast, though I don't have a commute so I don't always have enough walking-around-in-the-outside-world time to listen to all of it. So usually I listen to the full Bombcast over several days, then the Hotspot comes out, and then I'll be somewhere halfway through the Beastcast when the next Bombcast is available.

Video contact I'll "Add to watch later" on Youtube if I happen to see it and it looks interesting. (I usually watch those during lunch).

Premium content I usually only seek out after the fact. e.g. I've been playing through Hitman 1 to 3 for the first time (everything imported into Hitman 3), and it's been fun to watch old GB Hitman episodes of each level after I finish my first run through a level.

Bukktown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Directly to the forehead.

And then 2nd screen iPad when I’m working or gaming

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Life got busy so pretty much just the podcasts while I’m doing other things. Occasionally I’ll watch a premium show while on the rowing machine.