Avatar image for thewalkingdemon
TheWalkingDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheWalkingDemon

I found giant bomb after listening to the cancelled 1up podcast where the GB crew were guests. After 1up was killed off, I started listening to GB and my life has improved exponentially. How did you come across Giant Bomb 

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SeanFoster

I was aware of the Gamespot/Gerstmann incident, but it wasn't until someone on a Star Trek message board I visit linked the Rogue Warrior Quick Look back when it first came out that I started checking the site frequently, by the time I heard the 2009 Game of the Year Bombcasts I was here to stay.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Kyreo

My friend showed me GameFAQS.com for my cheat code needs. I found Gamespot via gameFAQS because they are sister sites. I then fell in love with Jeff Gerstmann and Ryan Davis. One was fired and one left. They made a website together. Here I am. The End.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

GameSpot.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Yup..this is what I found. And it just went from there. Quick look after quick look. Then Signed up. 

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dany

I listened to the Hotspot and watched On The Spot on gamespot long ago. That was the most of my exposure to gamespot, some forum posts, some looks at previews and reviews but mostly stayed for their video and audio content.

Then the shit hit the fan, cars were burning, houses were exploding, gunfire everywhere...maybe I'm misremembering but that is how I honestly saw the mess back then. hotspot, i.e. gamespot lost a lot of its staff after jeff left and that lead to a SERIOUS quality drop IMO of the hotspot and on the spot.

I stopped listening to their podcast around when Arrow Pointing Down became Giant Bomb and stayed every since and actually contributed to the community.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was weird, i began listening to on the spot and Brian Eckberg left gamespot.  lots of people kept saying how there was a chance he might go to a site called Giant Bomb.  a few months later i looked his name up and the i found a thread on Giant Bomb that said that Mark went off to the company that made Forza.  i decided to just make an account here and ive been enjoying my time on this amazing web site ever since

*Edit*
i said Mark Zuckerberg instead of Brian Eckberg...  didnt notice until 2 users pointed it out

Avatar image for endlessobsidian
EndlessObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EndlessObsidian

You know you've been a member of Giant Bomb for a long time when you keep see these recurring threads pop up again and again. 

Also, 1UP Yours really sparked my interest even more into the world of video games. That podcast sent me over to the Bomb Cast and then Giantbomb.com

ASpaceSeaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By ASpaceSeaman

@Dany: Does anyone have some of those audio clips? I remember hearing stuff at Gamespot from people saying they were pissed, or that no one would talk to each other. I can't find it though.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dany

@The_Laughing_Man: Looking at those comments bring me back, ah, great times.

LOUISE_CYPHRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LOUISE_CYPHRE

I googled "videogame podcasts" and there it came.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By AuthenticM

I was a Gamespotter since 2000. Gerstmann got fired seven years later, and here I am.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aronman789

Cracked article I was reading linked to Giant Bomb, so watched a couple videos and then after a while made an account. Been here ever since.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By Sooperspy
@Video_Game_King said:
GameSpot.
joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By joshth

I'm a big fan of Persona 4.  Started watching the ER and then slowly started looking at every other great thing this site offers.  Soon after I joined.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By FluxWaveZ

It was either lurking on NeoGAF and seeing the Bombcast listed as one of the best gaming podcasts or featured on iTunes. I listened to the Bombcast for about a month before I actually decided to visit the website that they kept mentioning on it.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I joined GameSpot sometime in  '07, but wasn't really embedded in video game coverage until '08.  I didn't know about the guys being so awesome until sometime around the time they started the Arrow Pointing Down podcast someone mentioned that in the comments under a video review, and I started listening to their podcast and visiting the site when it launched but didn't sign up until December of '08 because I had no interest in the forums until then.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I forget. I wasn't a Gamespotter though. I didn't even know Gamespot had editors back then. I thought it was just GameFAQs.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Aus_azn

Gamespot-Gerstmann incident.

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By VanTesla

Found it long ago on a Persona 4 forum on gamespot...
renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By renmckormack

gamespot then i ended up following jeff to his website jeff gertsmann is still alive and his points broadcasts

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

From Gamespot way back when Jeff was sporting the blond hair.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By yoshimitz707

My cousin forced me to sign up.

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

it's been about a year now. I found this site by looking for some Alan wake footage there was a quick look and after that I kept comin back
RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RTSlord

i was a gamespot user well before rich gallup left, and after the gerstmann-gate i stayed on gamespot for a little while until i saw something about where jeff and company had gone, found this place (and saw how bland and boring gamespot was) and have never looked back

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mrangryface

Was linked to an article- read that- saw the a quicklook- watched it- hooked -subscribed member

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Way back in the long ago before time of Arrow Pointing Down. I have no idea how I found it though. Just sort of stumbled across it and recognized Jeff and Ryan. Lurked around for a while before I finally signed up.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

Sometime after Rogue Warrior QL, but it was really stuff like XBOXACLYPSE and awesome videos like

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By crusader8463

I was doing my nightly search for naked cartoon pussy when one day this site was at the top of the results page. After the rage of not finding any naked cartoon pussy subsided I looked around and decided to stay.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I first heard about Jeff during the Kane & Lynch incident, later on i heard about Giantbomb, but I joined later on, when I searched for AK-47 in Video Games. 
Came up with this, AK-47
Also, the review and man that started Giantbomb, we salute you!

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Brians
@TheWalkingDemon said:
I found giant bomb after listening to the cancelled 1up podcast where the GB crew were guests. After 1up was killed off, I started listening to GB and my life has improved exponentially. How did you come across Giant Bomb 
hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hero_swe
@The_Laughing_Man said:

Yup..this is what I found. And it just went from there. Quick look after quick look. Then Signed up. 

You joined that late and have 8 thousand posts? 

Jesus H Batman.
fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By fresh2deafbill

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

it was weird, i began listening to on the spot and mark zuckerberg left gamespot. lots of people kept saying how there was a chance he might go to a site called Giant Bomb. a few months later i looked his name up and the i found a thread on Giant Bomb that said that Mark went off to the company that made Forza. i decided to just make an account here and ive been enjoying my time on this amazing web site ever since

I am sorry my friend but I think you have your names mixed up...the guy who made facebook did not work for gamespot and does not make forza

and yeah I was a big gamespot fan and followed jeff after his "departure"

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I used to hang around Gamespot, and then after Jeff and friends left I came here.  I think it took me a little while to make an account here, I can't remember.  Is there a way to see the date you joined?

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By IamTerics

Destructoid was always preaching the love for Persona 4 and one day either they mentions the endurance run in an article or I read about it in the comments.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By matpaget

I found the site a few days before Christmas 2009. I was going to buy a PS3 and someone in a forum I used to post in told me to always use GiantBomb's Quick Looks before I buy a game. 
I checked out the Silent Hill: Shattered Memories quick look, and  Brad Shoemaker got me hooked. I then went on to recognize Jeff and Ryan from Gamespot. 
A few months later and I made an account! 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#37  Edited By Claude

I was the monster underneath Jeff's bed.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ajamafalous

@Kyreo said:

My friend showed me GameFAQS.com for my cheat code needs. I found Gamespot via gameFAQS because they are sister sites. I then fell in love with Jeff Gerstmann and Ryan Davis. One was fired and one left. They made a website together. Here I am. The End.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#39  Edited By spiceninja

Came over from Gamespot. I've been a member here since the very first day the site went live.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved reading Gregs and Jeffs reviews on Gamespot. I then started watching On The Spot and from there I moved on to Giantbomb once I found out that Jeff was involved in something new.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Branthog

I used Gamespot to watch trailers. Even got a subscription to get them in HD for a year. Then Gerstmangate occurred and I canceled my subscription and stopped visiting Gamespot (no big loss) and followed Jeff as he found a new direction and brought the others along.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By triple07
@EndlessObsidian: Yep. I must've answered this same question at least three times and that's only the ones that I responded to.  

Anyway basically I was listening to IGN gamescoop and wanted a new podcast when one of the guys I liked left so I found the Hotspot and loved it. Listened to that for awhile, then shit hit the fan and I found a link on Joystiq mentioning that Jeff had started a new podcast called Arrow pointing down so I listened to it and have been here ever since. I don't think I made an account for awhile though for some reason.
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By tunaburn

someone on screwattack.com was talking shit about that website and saying how much better this one is. so i checked it out....

they were majorly correct

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Enigma777

I stuck my penis in an electric outlet. True story.

onecynicmedic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By onecynicmedic

I was listening to RebelFM and Arthur Geis was talking about GiantBomb.

MmaFanQc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MmaFanQc

i always liked jeff articles, but after the Gamespot/Gerstmann incident, i followed him....thats about it.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By iam3green

gamespot forums. there were a bunch of threads on giantbomb.  i said i would make an account if i got banned there. i got banned there so  i came  here. 

gamespot is a strict place with stupid rules. like getting a warning for posting in a spammed thread.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By NekuCTR

From the Persona 4 Forums on GameFAQs, linked to the 4th episode of the Endurance Run which had just been posted.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A friend recommended the videos and from there on I was hooked