• 53 results
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By asurastrike

I know for a lot of people, hard mode is the only option, but how do you guys feel about playing a game on easy?

For me it depends on the game. I play Dragon Age on easy because I just want to see the story, and don't care much for the combat. I also play Red Faction: Guerrilla on easy because I want to have fun in a sandbox without being killed by enemies. In fact, more and more I've been beating games on easy because with my work/school schedule that's the only way I'm going to beat some of them. I played Uncharted and Uncharted 2 both on Hard.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Tuggah

I do easy for some games. usually games were the gameplay is second notch to the story.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

It gives me shame.
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

I generally go normal, unless it's one of those insane games where even easy is comparable to hard in other games. 

Or if it's like MGS4, where you can unlock stuff on easiest mode and carry it over into harder modes where it would be insane to try do that stuff. 

Oh, i played Dragon Age on easy, and still couldn't finish it. Died at one part 10+ times and just gave up.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By asurastrike
@Shirogane said:
" I generally go normal, unless it's one of those insane games where even easy is comparable to hard in other games.  Or if it's like MGS4, where you can unlock stuff on easiest mode and carry it over into harder modes where it would be insane to try do that stuff.  Oh, i played Dragon Age on easy, and still couldn't finish it. Died at one part 10+ times and just gave up. "
lol I still haven't finished MGS4. I got to Act 5 and lost interest. I've beaten MGS1,2 and 3, which is funny because 4 was supposed to be the most accessible.
sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By sopranosfan

I usually start on normal and go from there if it is too easy I move up and if it is too hard I move down with no shame.  I play games for enjoyment and I find the difficulty that maximizes that enjoyment.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By penguindust
@Abyssfull said:
" It gives me shame. "
Yeah, me too although sometimes I choose to take the easy way out.  I, too opted for a quick resolution on one occasion during Dragon Age where I was low (almost out) on health pots and dropped it down to easy for just one battle rather than walk all the way back to town to buy more pots and injury kits.  I am filled with shame but I got over it.  And, it was during my first time through.  When I later played, I didn't have any trouble with the same battle on "normal" because I was (A) well stocked and (B) better skilled for the engagement.  First time through is always a hit & miss thing because you don't know what's good and what's a waste of skill points.
Avatar image for deactivated-643fcf03a370c
deactivated-643fcf03a370c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I usually go through on normal, but if it's too hard or it gets boring I'll change it to easy so I can hopefully enjoy it or finish the game sooner.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By thecleric

Would you like to change the difficulty to easy?

FUCK YOU GAME. That's my only thing I have to say about game difficulty. I play everything on normal, because that's what they're designed around for the most part.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By CL60

I play most games on normal/medium.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By kishan6

its ok if ur horrible at games

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shirogane
@Asurastrike said:
" @Shirogane said:
" I generally go normal, unless it's one of those insane games where even easy is comparable to hard in other games.  Or if it's like MGS4, where you can unlock stuff on easiest mode and carry it over into harder modes where it would be insane to try do that stuff.  Oh, i played Dragon Age on easy, and still couldn't finish it. Died at one part 10+ times and just gave up. "
lol I still haven't finished MGS4. I got to Act 5 and lost interest. I've beaten MGS1,2 and 3, which is funny because 4 was supposed to be the most accessible. "

I didn't like 4 as much as the other ones. They were way better. The only reason i really finished it was cause i wanted to know what happens. Which...wasn't all that awesome anyway. 
Also, i actually didn't make an effort to unlock anything in mgs4. Just played through it once. It was the first example i could think of though.
Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aetos

I always play on normal.

Dragon Age is my exception though, I dropped that down to easy. Wasn't happy about it, but I did it.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwho

The kind of people who are impressed by me playing on hard or disappointed by me playing on easy aren't exactly a high stock of person to begin with. So I don't really mind easy mode at all if normal gives me trouble. I play on the level that makes the game most fun.

Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Castro

I usually play games on whatever the default difficulty is. I'm totally cool with the easy mode as well. It's a good option for people that aren't that good at games or want to finish them in a timely manner. To be totally honest, I played Rogue Warrior on easy because I just wanted to see the story and hear the dialogue. Best four hours of my life.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I usually go through the first time on the easiest difficulty and crank it up for any achievements or unlocks for the next time. I'm in it to have some fun, and for me, fun is winning.

blaze503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By blaze503

Personnally i always play on either the hardest mode or the one just below (if there are like 5 diffculty settings rather then 3) This is purely to make the game have some sense of challenge and i usually feel that the risk of dying in a game is very important to how a game should feel. In most you shouldn't feel invincible.

But i have no issue with people who play on easy mode, people should play on the mode they find most fun but also one they may find a little bit challenging.

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spence_5060

I try not to play games on easy. To me most games are meant to be played on on medium. I mean that's what the descriptions of the different difficulties say on most games I've played.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ninjakiller

It's for little kids man.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By sjschmidt93

First playthrough - normal.  
Second playthourgh - The hardest that's required for a trophy/achievement

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22  Edited By zyn

I play easy mode for the likes of collectibles (if applicable) or just messing about.  For me, it's not meant to be a serious playthrough.

CanadianBaconX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By CanadianBaconX

Usually Normal... I went down to Easy for Dragon Age just cause, I had an hour till I had to give it back to the video store so, I wanted to blast through the end. Also I've started games on the highest difficulty and sometimes I've regretted it... Still not sure if I don't like ODST because it's ODST or cause I played it on Legendary >.>

So, which ever difficulty makes the game fun... Go for it :D

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By eric_buck

Well when I was like, 11, and I always played easy. Now, depending on the game type, I play on medium or hard. FPSs I always choose the hardest. 

BlackIrish05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlackIrish05

I only play on easy if I'm playing a console RTS. And even that doesn't last long, as I stop playing it a couple hours in.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chose easy when I'm not in the mood for a challenge, that happens often

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jmrwacko

Games get boring when they're too easy. I like to keep them challenging, but not frustrating.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jmrwacko
@CanadianBaconX said:
"

Usually Normal... I went down to Easy for Dragon Age just cause, I had an hour till I had to give it back to the video store so, I wanted to blast through the end. Also I've started games on the highest difficulty and sometimes I've regretted it... Still not sure if I don't like ODST because it's ODST or cause I played it on Legendary >.>

So, which ever difficulty makes the game fun... Go for it :D

"
Funny you decided to turn it down to easy in the only part of the game you one shot most enemies.
ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By ErgoProxy77

Easy mode is a must have for me.  Remember when all those people were up in arms of Ninja Gaiden 2?  Sure it is still a great game, easy mode just seems to be an obvious thing to include in a game these days.

altngr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By altngr

I usually play though games on the normal difficulty.  Some games I'll go through on harder ones.  Dragon Age I played though one step above normal (forget what it's called) and Mass Effect / Mass Effect 2 I've both played through on Veteran. 

I take no issue with people playing on easy though. 

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SilentCommando
@jmrwacko said:
" Games get boring when they're too easy. I like to keep them challenging, but not frustrating. "
This. I played Dragon Age on normal and it wasn't too hard, you just have to get used to the combat system I guess.
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

I used to play on easy a lot. Recently I've jimmied over to medium.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#33  Edited By themoon13

I have no problem with easy mode. I haven't played on it in a while since I usually go for the default/normal difficulty, but sometimes you just like to kick back and feel like a king.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#34  Edited By Hailinel

Depends on the game.  I honestly didn't have the patience for Dragon Age until I put it on the easiest setting.  Most of the time, I play on normal as a default unless I'm just not comfortable with the style of game.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By meteora

I like easy. Easy is a cool girl. Hanging out with her is chill and all casual. Its easy to get with her, but there's no challenge or achievement to it.

On the other hand, hard is like an annoying bitch. A cunt. A whore. She's challenging to get done. But when you get it on, you feel as if you achieved something, even if it involves bashing your head against the wall countless of times.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#36  Edited By Sooperspy

Always normal first then maybe hard. The only game I could see myself playing on easy is Mega Man 10, jeez are those games tough.

UnoGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By UnoGenius

I feel bad if I play a game on easy.  It seems that I rather never complete the game than take the easy way out.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I only use it if I'm replaying a part over and over, and over and over, etc. It's a situational thing, as well. For RPG's and RTSes its always best for Normal play, but for almost everything else, it's Hard (and up) or bust. Mostly because shooters are only fun when three bullets mean death, and Civ is only fun when the four opposing countries strike an alliance, and you have to outwit the computer into submission through embargos.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Quacktastic

I don't play stuff on easy, but I'm glad the option is there for people who like it.
I play on whatever the hardest mode is, which is like the new normal, and play again when/if I unlock a tougher difficulty.

I'd like more games to have "Realistic" modes.  I like when I die faster on more difficult settings, but I'm starting to dislike enemies becoming sponges.  In that way, harder modes can get on my nerves.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#40  Edited By rjayb89

I've put most games I'm playing now on easy so I can get through them faster.  I currently have 42 games to get through.  Exceptions include Dragon Age and Heavenly Sword.

Avatar image for deactivated-5add09f309aed
deactivated-5add09f309aed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depends on the game and what I do. Mostly I play on hardest available for maximum trophy/cheevo or I play that difficulty after the 1st playthrough.

But I think games should've have dfficulty levels. I believe that they all should have ONE single difficulty level for all gamers.

Pandaryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pandaryu

I never play on easy.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By xyzygy

It's for people who can't grasp the game I guess. I can't imagine me playing through a game on the easiest setting, but I know a few people who do. I have one friend who will play even FPS's on the easiest setting and his excuse is that he does it for the story. Yes, even games like Halo 3 and Resistance 2. But then again the only other game he plays is WoW.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By mosdl

The only time I ever switched to easy was in God of War 1 - I just couldn't beat the final boss, got frustrated and switched to easy.  I was ashamed!

Truant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Truant19

If I care about the gameplay/combat, deffinitly play it on normal.

If I really dont want to be bothered by the gameplay/combat (dragon age), i go easy all the way.

Sometimes I will play shooters on hard just to extend the length

RobJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RobJ

I always play games on easy mode. I am ashamed to say it but I am one of the worst game players you will ever see. I use that mode to at least try and make sure I finish the game I spent money on.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By gike987

I mostly play on normal. The exception is Dragon Age, I though that game was to easy so I played it on nightmare. The only time I play on easy is if I get stuck.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48  Edited By bonbolapti

I only go easy mode when I don't care about the game.

Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lawrens

Easy should be there as an option, that is what I think about it, so that if anyone want the game to be easy so they could blast through it, they could. 

Easy also affect how a game is designed, some games with only one difficulty mode is awfully boring with retarded AI and easy combat mechanics to appeal to more gamers, just put in an easy mode for fuck's sake, it doesn't have to only work in 1 way, same goes to hard, I don't really care but it's such a crime to have only 1 mode and that 1 mode plays like chuck norris the video game where you could one shot everyone and counter one shot everyone, it's fucking boring and there's nothing you could do to adjust it. 

The above applies to to hard mode as well, having multiple difficulties is the best design choice for a video game, whether it is hard or easy, or super hard, if offers the option for different skill levels. 

They should also name easy another name too, because idiots seems to always complain about a game being too hard and doesn't want to play it on easy because of their idiotic pride. 

Edit: and I've played games on easy before, I usually like playing on easy when I don't care about the game and wanted to blast through it.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50  Edited By dichemstys

I play all the Silent Hill games on Easy (or even beginner) combat difficulty, but with the riddle level all the way up. Combat is not what makes those games.