How do you feel about the future of gaming after E3?

Premier111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Premier111

I see many good games, many good changes occuring, but alot of make it betters, and some lack of originality, but the visuals are getting better, and the bigger budgets mean bigger stories, so I see it heading in a great direction, but old stuff still sticks, thus dragging its heels. What do you think:?

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BlackWaterCO

For Mircrosoft and Sony? Endless oppurtunites

For Nintendo? Mini games and crappy mario and zelda sequels that do nothing new until the end of time

Hans16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hans16

nintendo is doomed. end of discussion.

Nobility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nobility

I'm optimistic, we didn't see anything new but the industry has progressed to the point where anything new can be shown at various events throughout the year like TGS, Leipzig and PAX.

1oneWON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By 1oneWON
Premier111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Premier111

I enjoyed GS coverage at E3.. very down to the facts and gameplay during their live shows. I didnt like the set up outside the main stage, but the presentaions were great. Sony took the cake on presentation, Microsoft with the actual news and relesases, and Nintendo was the one that flopped. Overall still a good E3 if you like Sony/Microsoft. Too bad nothing on Dead Rising 2 or Shadow of Colossus 2

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Aarny91

Slim to nill.

Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Anonymous

I think gaming will branch off into a more casual direction, but there will still be games that appeal to hardcore gamers.

LouChou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By LouChou

I'm positive about gaming. E3 was just plain donkey shit.

MrVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrVegeta

MY future gaming looks awesome.  With an Xbox 360 and PC, I can't lose.

However, I feel damn sorry for PS3 and Wii owners.  Their futures look bleaker by the day...

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike

I think E3 is dunzo, yo.

phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By phatkav

I'm worried that E3 will start sucking more and more every year. This year's E3 was just terrible.

LouChou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LouChou
MrVegeta said:
"MY future gaming looks awesome.  With an Xbox 360 and PC, I can't lose.

However, I feel damn sorry for PS3 and Wii owners.  Their futures look bleaker by the day...
"
Yeah, PS3 and Wii didn't really hold much up to the microscope. Plus that FFXIII announcement probably made Sony shit their pants.
Avatar image for bread_or_decide
bread_or_decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bread_or_decide

Future of gaming is looking good...as long as you're not looking at the Nintendo Wii.

bread_or_decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bread_or_decide
MrVegeta said:
"MY future gaming looks awesome.  With an Xbox 360 and PC, I can't lose.

"
Really? PS3 showed quite a few new games. Some updated footage on the ones coming soon and plenty of multiplats to boot. How is that bleak? Nintendo showed nothing but garbage. Sony showed games.  Heck the amount of innovative titles on PSN is awe inspiring. Flower, Pixel Junk Eden, and Ratchet goes episodic with Quest for Booty. Good stuff. Lots to look forward to on both the 360 and PS3.

Wii is the only one with a bleak future.
kingrich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kingrich06

Hardcore games will get less attention and newer games to target a larger group.  Next 6-9 months is great with all the new games coming out.

DappaDizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DappaDizzle

i think for press breifings such as these ones, i just think the casual market will be more of the focus

Caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Caddy

I feel good. Before E3, I knew there were some games that looked good, but the show just showed how many good games we are going to get. I didn't think 2008 would be that big, but E3 made it seem like a massive year. If this can happen every year then everything is very well indeed.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By atejas

E3 wasnt that important this year(from a gamer's perspective) no new announcements or anything. Still, RIP Nintendo makes no sense, I mean, the PS3 is doing fairly well now considering that they started off with the Giant Enemy Crab.

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Why_So_Serious

Microsoft had an amazing E3! They have a great room for expansion. Sony has failed in this gen so far. They haven't produced anything that can compete. As for Nintendo, they are doomed. Nothing new has come out and the only real draw is motion controls and the VC.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21  Edited By kush

Future of gaming? I didn't know E3 had any new about that. Honestly we didn't learn much except that the Wii is most definitely a purely casual system and that MS and Sony didn't do anything big. Microsoft had some big announcements like the partnership with Netflix and 8-player chat (FINALLY) etc...Sony showed a pathetic GoW3 teaser that was absolutely pointless and a game with the worst title ever.

Biggest disappointments of E3 = The new X360 dashboard and the lack of a Team Ico announcement.
Biggest laugh at E3 = M. Night Shyamalan holding a Wiimote and Nunchuck while having a seizure ...and that being called "WiiMusic"

...don't forget to Smile...I broke my wrist  but guess what... I'm still smiling :P

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By atejas
Kush said:
"Future of gaming? I didn't know E3 had any new about that. Honestly we didn't learn much except that the Wii is most definitely a purely casual system and that MS and Sony didn't do anything big. Microsoft had some big announcements like the partnership with Netflix and 8-player chat (FINALLY) etc...Sony showed a pathetic GoW3 teaser that was absolutely pointless and a game with the worst title ever.

Biggest disappointments of E3 = The new X360 dashboard and the lack of a Team Ico announcement.
Biggest laugh at E3 = M. Night Shyamalan holding a Wiimote and Nunchuck while having a seizure ...and that being called "WiiMusic"

...don't forget to Smile...I broke my wrist  but guess what... I'm still smiling :P"

That scene will go down in infamy
tanline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By tanline

it didnt seem like e3 shifted the tides for any one console.............it was somewhat disappointing this year if you ask me

Lombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lombax

honestly I feel a little un-impressed. granted there are some great titles coming out this fall but nothing felt "new". just seems as if we will be seeing a lot of re-makes or sequels. 

bread_or_decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bread_or_decide

That whole week G4TV had some truly impressive on hand demo's of alot of the games on the floor. Got me excited for some games I didn't even know about.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By RVonE

Things have not changed. I guess the future will be a continuation of the present. I'm fine with that.

youstolemykill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By youstolemykill

e3 is still kinda lame. I don`t care about the flashing lights everywhere, but when you have such trash as Nintendo`s showing this year, it makes you wonder why E3 is even still around.
Wii Music! I mean come on, who was the idiot who thought that was a good idea?

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#28  Edited By Atlas

Nothing's really changed. Microsoft is still moving in the right direction, Sony are a few paces behind but are still humming along, and Nintendo are happy to make millions of dollars by making games for idiots.

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By efrucht

Sony and Microsoft had pretty good showings, I was overjoyed at the sheer volume of blockbuster games that will be hitting us this year.
Nintendo should be ashamed, though. The utterly failed, and in all honesty the Wii cannot have a future when it's games are that pathetic.

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By efrucht
Why_So_Serious said:
"Microsoft had an amazing E3! They have a great room for expansion. Sony has failed in this gen so far. They haven't produced anything that can compete. As for Nintendo, they are doomed. Nothing new has come out and the only real draw is motion controls and the VC."
MS and Sony both did well, although I believe sony did slightly better. LittleBigPlanet is something so unique, and there is nothing like it on the 360. Resistance 2 looks like it will be the PS3's killer multiplayer app, and Killzone 2 looks jaw-droppingly impressive. Also, all the good multiplatform games will also be on PS3, if that steals some of the 360's thunder. I agree 100% with you on Nintendo, they are putting themselves out of touch with core gamers, and after watching this e3, I can say that I was honestly insulted by what they did. Reaggie might has well have reached out of the TV and punched me in the face!

MicRas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MicRas

I still enjoy E3. It had some great games at display which is all I want out of it.

As for the future of gaming I still belief that Xbox 360 will dominate this generation. I especially liked the announcement of FFXIII on xbox 360, since that game, and MGS4, would be the only games that could force me to buy a PS3.

Bisskits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bisskits

Nintendo coulda skipped the show to me. Seems like they are floundering in the game department.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By mrhankey

I don't think E3's performance has anything to do with the gaming industry honestly. Maybe their unity in the market but honestly i don't think, or i hope it isn't an indication of good/original games coming out.

bread_or_decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bread_or_decide

Nintendo should skip E3 next year and just get a booth next to Playskool at the next toy convention.

spragels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By spragels

I think E3 was a major let down. I am still excited for the same games I was excited for before E3.

mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mthe1337one
BlackWaterCO said:
For Nintendo? Mini games and crappy mario and zelda sequels that do nothing new until the end of time"
No More Heroes? the upcoming Mad World? The Conduit?  none of that rings any bells?
all of which being from 3rd party companies actually attempting to cater to the hardcore audience...

douchebag