#1  Edited By BlackHeronBlue
BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BlackHeronBlue

I don't care about unlocking stuff myself, the unlockables never seem worth all the hassle.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By oldschool

I am not a finisher.  Low attention span.  I get bored quickly and move.  Sad but true.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai
@OracleXIII said:
" I don't care about unlocking stuff myself, the unlockables never seem worth all the hassle. "
Finding the solutions to the different riddles and the finding the various audio logs and trophies in Batman: Arkham Asylum were actually quite fun. 
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By teptom

It depends on the game. Sometimes I like a game so much that I want any excuse to keep playing it and others I just feel satisfied knowing I finished it. First Person Shooters usually fall in the second category.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By captain_clayman

i have a really really really low attention span. 
it's very unlikely that i even finish a game.  i mean i have to be addicted, and if i get stuck, i just stop.

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BlackHeronBlue
@Mordukai: you're right, but that's like the only game I ever played that was interesting enough to really try and get them all. Plus, the riddles weren't that hard at all.

I think I have to agree with the others, hardly any game is interesting enough to just keep on playing. Achievements/trophies just aren't motivating enough. And some of the longer games are often poorly executed, they get boring and repetitive and end up being just frustrating.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm kind of a collector and usually try to see everything a game has to offer, but that ends up not happening with many games. If I really enjoy a game, I'll certainly try to get my money's worth out of it and make sure to put in the extra effort to unlock bonus stuff. These days I'm so far behind that after I beat a game, or sometimes even before then, the game gets put on the shelf, with the intentions of hoping to come back to it later to finish it all up.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ArchScabby

vimioutrrt

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Diamond

For games that aren't really short I dab at them off and on for months or years, and come back to it occasionally in the future if it's not a RPG (and if it's a really good RPG I'll come back anyways).

For games that are fairly short I'll play through over a series of days.  Replay is a bigger factor with these.

I never really did the play for hours and hours on end with no real breaks thing, for many reasons.

Xbox 360's achievements have inspired me to finish games.  Never used to finish games very often.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mordukai
@OracleXIII: The audio logs in Bioshock were pretty good too. I liked the idea of how the audio logs in Bioshock served as a means of telling you what the hell happened in Rapture and how it all started. 
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By iam3green

i try and beat the game then leave the game alone. i'm also a unfishinsher. i'll  buy a new game but never finish it. i'm working on beating some of the games. i just beat dark sector, rainbow six vegas 2 and some others that i never finished.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By JJOR64

It depends on the game for me but, lately when I beat the game I'm usually done with it.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By rjayb89

Really depends on the game.  Depends on the fun factor of the game, if you will.

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BlackHeronBlue

The problem is, I think, that the unlockables never bring anything new to the table. I mean, yeah you can unlock a new game mode (rarely) or a bonus costume or something... but there's no real reward. Would be nice if you could at least get like an avatar to use online or something. And the only time I remember that happening was Ninja Gaiden 2. They did a great job letting you play as the Joker in AA for the PS3, but that's just dlc, not an unlockable. See, now that would make a great reward for completing the game 100%.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Warfare
@captain_clayman said:

" i have a really really really low attention span.  it's very unlikely that i even finish a game.  i mean i have to be addicted, and if i get stuck, i just stop. "

I'm surprised you made it Through this post. 

Depends on the game .  
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CL60

Depends.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By eroticfishcake

C. I normally like to finish games up to 100% but when I finish the main game I get a lot less enthusiastic. It's a little slow after that but I do manage to finish them.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By MKHavoc

I don't think I've ever finished 100% of a game.  I used to always quit once I finished the main game, but achievements have led to start doing a little more.  Now I realize that it's actually worth it to find all the unlockables in a game.  I feel like I get more out of them that way.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Kazona

I would've said that it depends on the game, but truth be told, I have never gotten 100% at any game I've played. Even with achievements, there isn't a single game where I've gotten the full 1000 points. The only things I tend to unlock are things I actually like, other than that I don't really care for unlocks.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MeierTheRed

Depends on the game, had fun collecting stuff in Bioshock, cause it added to the story. Collecting packages or cars for that matter in GTA fuck no.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Karmum

Depends on how easy it is to complete 100 percent. I'll play through the game at least once and beat it. At least I'll try, albeit other factors (bad quality, or quality with the disc, hardware, etc.) getting in the way. If I like it, I'll still play it after I beat the game.

In other cases (like a sports game), if I get all the achievements for it, I'll continue to play it. Some sports games I can't get all of the achievements, but I still play them.

kuwabaratheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By kuwabaratheman

Depends on how much I enjoy a game. Games that I love I'll always come back to and play through again, no matter how many times I've beaten them.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GunstarRed

aghhh i collect everything I can... its absolutely annoying sometimes. I played Wall.E (yes, yes I know) and there are these little letters scattered around and I felt compelled to collect all of them..and they didn't even unlock an achievement!!! 

I collect all the studs in lego games even once ive maxed out the counter.... I even collect everything I can in game demos...
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By jakob187

I play my games......with immense amounts of skill.

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26  Edited By Wildfire570
@oldschool said:
" I am not a finisher.  Low attention span.  I get bored quickly and move.  Sad but true. "
And I thought I was the only one who has ADHD! I have the almost the same habit but I usually beat a game and play it the second time but never finish it.
towly177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By towly177

Depends, if it has no mp, i beat it then put it on the shelf, but if it does, i beat it then play mp

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Brunchies

It depends if the Game compels me to unlock everything or not.

belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By belaraphon

i always try to 100% complete the game, but often times find myself moving onto a different game if i have already completed it.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By fugie7

i usually play the story campaign first then after that i play the online matches.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#32  Edited By JackiJinx

I rarely ever finish a game in one straight go. I go back and forth between titles more times than I care to admit.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wolverine

I usually play through the story and than check out the online.

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By unclejohnny79

play the story on a hard mode but not the hardest, no walkthroughs and i dont spoil anything, 

if im still interested afterwards il check out some unlockables etc

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35  Edited By Black_Rose

I finish them and forget about them most of the time. Unless it's a really good game, then I unlock everything and try to beat it at least once a year.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I would say A but certain games I really want to play through completely, like when I played Batman I made it a point to get every Riddler Challenge.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lowbrow

I don't see a "In my underwear with a 6-pack option" so, C.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By zeforgotten

With a controller or Mouse/Keyboard Combo. It's easier that way.  

But seriously: C. 
It really depends on the game I'm playing

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By Griddler

Depends, some games I really get hooked on and have to see everything (eg; Assassins Creed)
Others, I get to the end and even though I know there's some easy trophies and the like... I find myself unable to pick it up again (eg; Bionic Commando)

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GunnBjorn

I'm old (school) gamer, i play through it and that's that. 
A.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't read anything except the thread title so I'm gonna say with my feet while wearing a blindfold with a cigarette stuck in my butt

Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hunkaburningluv

Mostly with a controller, but sometimes with the power of my mind......

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By turbomonkey138
@oldschool: But you play RPGs right . Its impossible to complete some of them . Tales of sympthonia took fucking years to 100 %
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@JackiJinx said:

" I rarely ever finish a game in one straight go. I go back and forth between titles more times than I care to admit. "

Really?  I only quit playing the game before completion if I find it boring or frustrating.  Fracture is such a game (frustrating on hardcore mode, don't care to start over in medium mode).

I look at the Achievements first.  If it appears that it's possible to get them all, then I will play to completion.  Eg, Fallout 3 and Shadow Complex.  However, if the Achievements are something ridiculous...winning 25 ranked matches consecutively, or winning 100 online matches, etc, then I will not be trying to get them all.  The only exception here is Too Human as I'm really close to completing all the achievements. I still need two awful Unstoppable achievements & will need to find somebody online to run me through the game while I hide in the back unscathed in order to get them.
ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#45  Edited By ahoodedfigure

When I say I unlock everything, I really just TRY to do it.  Don't always succeed before I give up...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#46  Edited By Yummylee

Depends on the game. Some i'm satisfied with just reaching the end, others i'll feel thats its my duty to get do and see everything that can be done in the game.
Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Psyx2

I used to just buy a game and not care much if I finish it, but whenever I buy one now I make an effort to beat it. But sometimes if I just don't love the game, and I get stuck, I lose the desire to finish it. It's not much of a problem because I only buy a game if I'm sure I'll like it, but once in awhile I get surprised.

But I always come back to it eventually and try to finish the game, just for the sake of doing so.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By flaminghobo

It really does depend on the game. Batman: Arkham Asylum's collectibles were actually really fun to find and I wanted to complete the game to 100% as it actually seemed feesable! Though there are games with ridiculous amounts of collectibles that require multiple playthroughs, or some other ridiculous method of obtaining them that I really can't be bothered to complete fully.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By oldschool
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @oldschool: But you play RPGs right . Its impossible to complete some of them . Tales of sympthonia took fucking years to 100 % "
Most of my play time is RPG.  I intertwine that with shorter blasts of fun with games like Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Guitar Hero, Rockband and on-rail shooters like House of Dead and Resident Evil.  Even then, I tend to get about 20 hours into a game and get distracted by another RPG.  I am currently on what I think is my 3rd try at Tales of Symphonia, this time because I didn't want to start ToS2 without completing the first.  I am still on the 1st disc and near as I can figure, only about 1/3rd the way through that.   

When you stop an RPG and play another game, you lose what the hell you were doing and it is best starting all over again.  I am in a vicious cycle of starting games over and over again, and rarely finishing them  ^-^ 

That reminds me, I must finish Baten Kaitos and Fire Emblem - here I go again  :-)