How do YOU search for GB content?

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm a little curious what everyone else does to find the footage they're looking for on here.

For example, I was looking up Polytopia and seeing if there was anything here. Turns out there was a bombcast. Then you get the bombcast, but since there's no "tag(?)" I just press around until I find it. Is there a better way to do this?

Another example- I do some searching and find out the crew is talking about some game on a specific date. I try different ways of searching for a playmate or bombcast, but it's impossible for the dates I searched to pop up first, or sometimes not at all.

Am I missing a search function somewhere? Not really a complaint as I'll go down any rabbit hole. Just curious.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Searching through Podcasts is pretty difficult and Idk any easier way to do it then googling the name of the game with giant bombcast. You may want to check out Quick Look Crew for the other search functions u were talking about.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cikame

I use the forum as my home page because it used to be on the home page, then i use the bar at the top to see the latest vids, because there's too many thumbnails and categories on the home page and i get confused, i'm fairly sure i've missed stuff since the redesign but i try not to dwell on it.
As far as searching for old content goes i use Quick Look Crew, such a great site.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Audio:

- I just listen to them all on my phone, aside from some of the side stuff (Alt-F1, My First E3, gave up on the Dragon Ball one).

Videos:

- QLCrew or browsing the Roku app

Articles:

- This site has articles?

- I’ll actually read the personal top 10 lists.

mohmmdelobeid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer to your question is watching on youtube, usually first comment has everything sparsed, if not then later comments will help usually (if the video is really new)

horioplino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By horioplino

@norm9 said:

I'm a little curious what everyone else does to find the footage they're looking for on here.

For example, I was looking up Polytopia and seeing if there was anything here. Turns out there was a bombcast. Then you get the bombcast, but since there's no "tag(?)" I just press around until I find it. Is there a better way to do this?

Another example- I do some searching and find out the crew is talking about some game on a specific date. I try different ways of searching for a playmate or bombcast, but it's impossible for the dates I searched to pop up first, or sometimes not at all.

Am I missing a search function somewhere? Not really a complaint as I'll go down any rabbit hole. Just curious.

my ipbirthday wishestneb

i'm fairly sure i've missed stuff since the redesign but i try not to dwell on it.

As far as searching for old content goes i use Quick Look Crew, such a great site.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Generally by writing my inquiry on a piece of parchment paper which is tied to the foot of a swallow.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As long as you don't wanna search anything on the forums, it's fine with QLC. The forum search has been busted for 5 years+

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I just look up the game and see if there is a quick look or a review. If there is content i the forums tab I might look at those. After that - I'm done. If they didn't do a specific quick look, review, or forum post I figure everything said is a throw away comment of "What'ch been playing".

I'd rather dig for bigger nuggets in the form of "review or previews" on another website, rather than dig through 2 hrs of audios to pick out twenty words. I have never known anyone at Giant Bomb have a singular take on a game that was not also expressed by another gaming website. Someone at IGN, GameSpot, Waypoint, Easy allies, Jimquisition, Escapist, or What's Good Gaming likely had the same take or can convey that same information...which is easier to find and involves less digging.