• 52 results
BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By BaneFireLord

This is a pretty fucking amazing deal, even if you aren't a fan of EA or the Origin service: $1.00 for Dead Space 3, Dead Space 1, Mirror's Edge, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Medal of Honor and Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box. Pay over the average to get Sims 3 Starter Pack and Battlefield 3.

EDIT: And all of the games except DS3, Sims 3 and Battlefield are redeemable on Steam.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pretty amazing that they are offering Deadspace 3 for $5 along with these other games. This deal almost seems to good to be true. Even though I will reluctantly log on to Origin to try these out, people should buy this just for Burnout regardless of platform biases.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djou: Turns out the majority of the games are Steam redeemable, so the Origin factor isn't even an issue.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Looks like EA is donating their share to charity, that's cool. I think I might jump on Battlefield 3 for $5.

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just wish that Sims 3 had a steam key since its also on Steam but alas one is not provided.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Looks like EA is donating their share to charity, that's cool. I think I might jump on Battlefield 3 for $5.

Ya, I was going to make a snarky comment about people adjusting their developer sliders, but there isn't one, props to EA on that one.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'd buy that for a dollar!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That's great! But Battlefield 3 is the only one I'd probably play, and Battlefield 4 is out in around 2 months, soooooooooooo I guess I'll pass.

Nice of em to give their share to charity though.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Benny

This is fucking insane, it's like $100 of games for $5.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh wow, i was given all these free games when all i wanted was to replay mirrors edge

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

$5 for a copy of Battlefield 3? Sure, why not?

Also, to those who haven't yet played Dead Space 3, now you can finally purchase it for what it's worth, which is to say barely anything.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By djou

@banefirelord: Yeah, I just saw that. What's up with EA and the good will? The world is upsidedown.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

Pretty amazing deal. It would be wrong NOT to buy that bundle.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

It's worth noting that you can redeem those keys on Origin and on Steam separately, except for the Origin exclusive games.

Also, holy fucking shit.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All those games are pretty decent and I own none of them on steam so I'll bite. This is pretty cool of EA (For once).

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Bollard

@benny said:

This is fucking insane, it's like $100 of games for $5.

$215 actually, according to the website. It's an amazing deal.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cheesebob

No Dead Space 2 though! Why have 1 and 3 and not have 2?

Great deal regardless.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great deal regardless.

My guess is because if you like the first one you aren't going to want to skip 2, so in the end EA still gets your money from this bundle because some people will pay to have the full set.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19 chaser324  Moderator

Sure, I could use a good excuse to spend 100 hours playing Burnout Paradise again.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezakael said:

@cheesebob said:

Great deal regardless.

My guess is because if you like the first one you aren't going to want to skip 2, so in the end EA still gets your money from this bundle because some people will pay to have the full set.

Wouldn't be surprised if they added it later

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Capum15

oh wow, i was given all these free games when all i wanted was to replay mirrors edge

Basically this. Though co-op Dead Space 3 will be interesting. And hey, like, 5 other games.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ill take everything that has a steam key please. no origin for me....

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Sure, I could use a good excuse to spend 100 hours playing Burnout Paradise again.

My first time playing Paradise was back when they gave it out for free at Christmas, before Origin was a thing. I think I lost my save sadly though.

Also, is anyone else finding that the Origin key redemption tool is completely dead?

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By confusedowl
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

I was about to buy Dead Space 3 yesterday for $15. I'm glad I fucking waited! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Funkydupe

15 dollars is a fortune saved, indeed.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cutyoface

That is a really good deal.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is a pretty damn good deal...bought one for a friend whom just got a gaming pc, and also myself.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I wounder if they are going to add anything to this later, because this is already a fantastic set of games.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jakob187

@cheesebob said:

Great deal regardless.

1. It's EA, so they most likely are trying to get some extra money by getting people to buy Dead Space 2 separately through Origin. Whatever, it's a smart move on their part to get people into Origin, much like that "promo code leak" ordeal some time back.

2. I know there was a lot of controversy around the game due to the advertising ("Your Mom Hates Dead Space 2") as well as some issues with guys leaving the studio due to EA's push for co-op and multiplayer in Dead Space 3. There may be something within all of that.

3. They are probably trying to get Dead Space 3 into peoples' hands after the VideoGamer.com debacle a few months back where VideoGamer claimed they had a source that stated the Dead Space franchise was axed and dead due to poor sales on Dead Space 3. However, EA fired back a lot of shots. In the end, though, it could very well be something to save face and show off the game in an easier way.

4. They could be trying to get sales numbers up for financial quarter.

5. They could be trying to get the co-op/multiplayer more populated.

6. They could just be listening to all of the people that have cried about how Origin rarely has sales on anything, specifically Dead Space 3 which people wanted to play but wouldn't be willing to pay $40 (which I think is the base price for the game now)?

Overall, I don't really care. I love Dead Space as a franchise and a world, but Dead Space 3 just didn't float my boat half of the time I saw it. However, my friend played it with me there one day and I knew I needed to play it. I just couldn't find it on sale, and I don't pay full price for games anymore.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

£2.93 for Dead Space, Burnout Paradise, Crysis 2, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 3, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3 and The Sims 3?

God damn.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I forgot Dead Space 3 came out this very year. I guess I'll be playing that soon so I can get Ni No Kuni off my 2013 GOTY list.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Has anyone been able to redeem keys on Origin? When i click Redeem Product Code it just loads forever.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

Has anyone been able to redeem keys on Origin? When i click Redeem Product Code it just loads forever.

I think the whole site/program is a bit messed up right now.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By confusedowl

@pr1mus: I managed to redeem Deadspace 3 after clicking the button a few times. Sounds like this bundle is really popular though because the whole Origin site is extremely slow.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@pr1mus: I was able to redeem all my codes no problem, but it looks like there are at least twice as many bundles sold since i bought mine 30 or so mins ago, so they are probably getting hammered.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy mackerel! I've never tried Origin before but it's getting installed today. Well played, EA.

Fierrze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the heads up. Bought it for Dead Space 3 alone.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Scampbell

Average is $4,53?

PC gamers are cheapskates.

Actually that isn't true, Windows PC gamers are cheapskates.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm kind of considering paying to get bf3. Anyone who would grab the rest of the codes off my hands? XD

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By JoeyRavn

This is one of those times where I regret having bought most of the games featured in a bundle already :(

I got the less-than-average bundle solely for Mirror's Edge and Burnout Paradise on Steam. I already have the other games on Origin, and I really don't care for either BF3 or The Sims 3. I gave my Origins key to a friend, though. Let's see what they add in the following days... maybe they convince me to buy the rest of the games.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Draxyle

You have to wonder how the higher ups at EA could have been convinced to allow for such a bundle; especially with none of the profits going to EA at all. It's most certainly a marketing scheme for Origin (there's a download link for Origin on the humble page; there typically isn't one for Steam last I've checked), but it's a marketing scheme I can stand behind.

I don't know if I'll unlock the Origin only games at all, but it's hard to pass up such a crazy deal for everything else.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buying this first thing when I get home. I still can't believe I can get all this for 5 bucks, AND it comes with steam keys. I keep thinking there has to be a catch I'm missing.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

Fun bonus stuff: All of the battlefield 3 expansions are $12 on Greenman Gaming if you use the 20% off coupon. Rather convenient, no?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draxyle said:

You have to wonder how the higher ups at EA could have been convinced to allow for such a bundle; especially with none of the profits going to EA at all. It's most certainly a marketing scheme for Origin (there's a download link for Origin on the humble page; there typically isn't one for Steam last I've checked), but it's a marketing scheme I can stand behind.

I don't know if I'll unlock the Origin only games at all, but it's hard to pass up such a crazy deal for everything else.

Donating to charity = Tax write off.. in less then 1day, 2.5million dollars payed from that 1 bundle with practically all of it going to charity as very little usually goes to the humble site.

Also, if no one has done any research about the redeeming codes problem, "Origin has their top Agents working on it." <== Google that part.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worth it for Burnout Paradise alone. Girlfriend on loop for days!

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Do you have to progress enough into Paradise to get all the special cars?? I just want to race around in the Delorean, which I assumed is part of the ultimate pack. Anyone know??

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first I thought this was to get people into the Origin ecosystem, then I saw that most of these games have steam codes. Then I saw that EA is donating all of the proceeds to charity. So all they're getting out of this is like a tax write off? What the hell? Maybe they're just trying to get some good PR going for once.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Already had Mirror's Edge, played Dead Space on the PS3, no real interest in Medal of Honor, Crysis 2 or Dead Space 3. I basically bought this just to have Burnout associated with my Steam account. And it was totally worth it.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024: I'd assume it's both a PR stunt and have a little faith and believe the higher up's are human beings who care about charity. Plus free origin promotion!

@brake: I have Burnout on Origin but it's never allowed me to connect to the servers, anyone else had that issue?