I have a PC. Tell me why i should get a mac.

• 118 results
Rampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Rampage

GO ON. CONVINCE ME. 

Relativity soon though.. either a Mac, or a PC. 

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ryax

PC. if your a gamer that is. if your just doing it to have a computer at all who gives a crap. go with what you want. but get a pc because they are better. but its your choice so choose which ever. but choose a pc because they are the best. but again its your choice. but make the right on and get a pc

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SilentCommando

Don't

Rampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rampage

Yeah, I plan to do alot of gaming on it. 

Should I get both depending on what I want to do, or just stick with one.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By beargirl1
@Rampage said:

" Yeah, I plan to do alot of gaming on it. "

get a PC, then. Macs aren't exactly the best for gaming. 

or rather, keep your PC. 
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ryax
@Rampage said:
" Yeah, I plan to do alot of gaming on it.  Should I get both depending on what I want to do, or just stick with one. "
like i said before its your choice. but get a pc.
Rampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rampage
@AjayRaz said: 
"  or rather, keep your PC.  "
Haha. Good joke. 

It's a pentium 4, with a GeForce 5500, and 2gb of ram, and 110GB HDD. 
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

Heh. Can Macs run Microsoft Office? I think not.

Wait. They can? SHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII--

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By beargirl1
@Rampage said:
" @AjayRaz said: 
"  or rather, keep your PC.  "
Haha. Good joke.  It's a pentium 4, with a GeForce 5500, and 2gb of ram, and 110GB HDD.  "
mine is a tad worse :P 
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Gaming on a Mac is not the best of ideas. It'll be better than what you've got currently, but you could just get a better PC for less. 

Macs are only good for looking like a cool elitist in a Starbucks.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HitmanAgent47

There is no good reason to own a mac. It's more of a lifestyle choice than actually anything else. Most pc owners will never really understand a mac, it's not for you. Paying for more and getting less isn't good value.

InTheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InTheEnd

As I am typing this from my iMac I can tell you THAT I DON'T GIVE A HOOTIN' HELL WHICH ONE YOU USE! If you're going to use your machine almost exclusively for gaming then the choice is obvious. The two platforms have their strengths, I'm not going to assert one's better.

Rampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rampage

Hmm. 
It seems the Giant Bomb community is swinging towards more PC. 

I am going to do gaming on it. a lot, but I will use it for other things as well, and I am just curious to know if the mac does the 
"other things" better than a PC. 

BTW, I'm running XP, so, I don't know much about Windows Numero Siete.. (Windows 7, for all you NON-SPANISH SPEAKING SWINES)

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@Rampage said:
" Hmm. It seems the Giant Bomb community is swinging towards more PC.   I am going to do gaming on it. a lot, but I will use it for other things as well, and I am just curious to know if the mac does the "other things" better than a PC.  BTW, I'm running XP, so, I don't know much about Windows Numero Siete.. (Windows 7, for all you NON-SPANISH SPEAKING SWINES) "
For a Unix beard like me, Mac OS X is the better OS.  Mac-branded hardware is always over-priced.  In any event, you can run Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware (and dual boot to Windows to play games) if you like to tinker with stuff.
nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By nick69

I like the ui of the os on mac, but windows 7 is a very nice os.  

You are obviously going to want to build a pc for gaming. 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HitmanAgent47

It does nothing better than the pc, it's all percieved and mac propaganda. Pc can do everything just as well if not way better.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

It does nothing better than the pc, it's all percieved and mac propaganda. Pc can do everything just as well if not way better.

"
Yeah, Windows can BSOD and gets AIDS much better.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@teh_pwnzorer:

Foil1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Foil1212
@teh_pwnzorer said:

" Both. :P 

http://www.hackintosh.com/ "

or: "Both: Boot Camp" 

But seriously, everything is preference.  If you really want to know, go into an apple store and spend some time on one of their display machines for a while.

I have a macbook pro from 2 years ago August, and a PC I built a year ago November.  I really like both, but recently, I've been leaning towards the Windows 7 rig mostly because it can play my whole steam library, and not just bits and pieces.  I do love the MacOS as well, though.
canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By canucks23

Man... The pc/mac fanboy's are as bad as the console ones lol. Both have their ups and downs. PC is the only way to go for gaming, and media stuff is better on a mac. Macs generally tend to have less problems seeing as it's all from apple and not a bunch of different brands and things jumbled together like a pc.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Gav47
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @teh_pwnzorer:
No Caption Provided
"
CAD is the worse webcomic in the history of the internet. 
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@HitmanAgent47:  

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HitmanAgent47

How can you bsod if you don't have the hardware for it? It doesn't happen to me ever.   

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bottom line: Macs and PCs both have pros and cons. However, if you're serious about gaming, get a PC, plain and simple.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

How can you bsod if you don't have the hardware for it? It doesn't happen to me ever.   

"

o_O
zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zidd
@HitmanAgent47: The only way you can never have a bsod due to hardware is to not have any hardware at all. also if you were gonna quote a webcomic at least choose one thats funny,

@OP: Get a Mac if you want one. You shouldn't need convincing. If you are interested in trying one out go to your local Apple Store and try it.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@teh_pwnzorer:  

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By zidd

Macs don't BSOD unless they are running Windows.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@HitmanAgent47:  

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HitmanAgent47

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@HitmanAgent47: I wonder what non-"phony" plastic housing looks like.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Just say no to Apple products. If you have to be cool and alternative, use Linux.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@Bellum said:
" Just say no to Apple products. If you have to be cool and alternative, use Linux. "
Unless it's Fedora.  Blech.  Slackware is #1.  ;)
zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zidd
@Bellum: Wait a sec i gotta download this dependency and the patch the kernel. What do you mean its not in this repository and is only available as source code? Fine I'll download it. Ugh I gotta go get the dependencies of this depenency. Why are there so many steps? I just wanted to sync my ipod... 

While Linux makes a great server OS its not ready for prime time just yet no matter what canonical says. According to the Linux community its been the year of "Mainstream Linux" for the past 6 or so years.
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@Zidd said:
" @Bellum: Wait a sec i gotta download this dependency and the patch the kernel. What do you mean its not in this repository and is only available as source code? Fine I'll download it. Ugh I gotta go get the dependencies of this depenency. Why are there so many steps? I just wanted to sync my ipod...  While Linux makes a great server OS its not ready for prime time just yet no matter what canonical says. According to the Linux community its been the year of "Mainstream Linux" for the past 6 or so years. "
To be fair, Bellum specifically said that Linux makes you "cool and alternative".  That doesn't seem "mainstream" at all.  :)
zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By zidd
@teh_pwnzorer: While Linux may make you alternative its debatable whether or not it will make you cool. 
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@Zidd said:
" @teh_pwnzorer: While Linux may make you alternative its debatable whether or not it will make you cool.  "
True.  FreeBSD makes you cool, for certain, though...unless you're in the OpenBSD camp.  :)
zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By zidd
@teh_pwnzorer: Mac OS X users fall into that camp as well since OS X is BSD at its very core.
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By grilledcheez

I think you'd be far better off upgrading your pc.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Alternative is cool.

Or at least, it was in the 90s in which I am eternally stuck. D:

Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Shadowsquire

You should get a Mac because you hate yourself. Or if I'm totally wrong there then get a PC.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@Zidd said:
" @teh_pwnzorer: Mac OS X users fall into that camp as well since OS X is BSD at its very core. "
Ergo they're cool. :)
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HitmanAgent47

10 percent of the population is......... 10% of ppl are mac owners, correllation? it's just a sterotype going around every mac forum, however macs are not very popular since pc or windows is 90% of the market. You have to understand why they keep saying it's a perference owning a mac, they are trying to communicate a life style choice more than anything. I mean look at the evidence, these mac owners, if they aren't celebrities or using it for work shouldn't own a mac. Pc isn't fabulous looking at all and that's why you get ppl telling you to go try a mac in the store to try something fabulous or sleek looking. These ppl who shops at the mac stores are all college student, they like to be trendy, is on a vegan diet, likes to show off to other guys (not women) at starbucks with the macbook pro. You have to ask yourself, is this what you want in a computer? It's a symbol, maybe not one you want to go around showing to ppl because they might get the wrong idea.  

I didn't create the sterotype, also if you google it, you will find 160,000 of the same results and discussions across every mac forum admitting it or accepting it.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By zidd
@Rampage: Go to your local Apple Store and try out a Mac. You can buy a copy of windows for it and use it like a PC if you find that you like it but want to play games on it.
Cathadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#45  Edited By Cathadan

I love Mac computers, but primarially because I am not only a gamer, but a developer. I think they make some fantastic hardware engineering even if it is behind the curve. (I just dropped my MacBook 5 feet onto a hardwood floor and the only damage to it was a scuffed corner.) I love OS X because it has a polished UI like windows and a UNIX system underneath like Linux. I can do some gaming in OS X, but there are far more options available to me the moment I walk over and sit down in front of my PC. 

If gaming means more to you than any other facet of your computing needs, get a PC. If you are a developer or just someone willing to invest extra cash into the quality of design, then you can get along just fine on a Mac (with boot camp on the side, of course).

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By zidd
@psoplayer: I wouldn't dream of doing Web Development on Windows. OS X has all the features I need to get shit done.
immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By immike
@Rampage: Well, considering you've been using a PC for quite some time AND you are still serious about PC gaming, you should probably go with a PC. If you were looking to use a computer for basic websurfing, video editing, or anything like that, a lot of people prefer macs for their simplicity. That's just it though, once you buy a mac, you are gonna have that basic functionality and not much else. You can't just go willie nillie buying new harddrives, video cards, sound cards, etc like you can with a PC.  

Don't be fooled. Macs are not going to blow your socks off, catch your cat while falling out of a tree, or stop a speeding bullet coming right for you as Apple would have you believe. They are, however, relatively easy to use and good for video editing and other stuff like that. They can also be more reliable, but are not invincible. I'd say go with a PC for gaming, but if you just want to play some steam games, browse the web, download stuff or whatever else then a mac is easy to start using.  

If someone has to convince you to buy a mac, then you haven't done your research or you're already leaning on buying a PC anyways though.
zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By zidd
@immike: I would trust my Macbook Pro to take a bullet. An aluminum unibody could deal with it more than a plastic PC laptop case.
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@immike said:

" @Rampage: Well, considering you've been using a PC for quite some time AND you are still serious about PC gaming, you should probably go with a PC. If you were looking to use a computer for basic websurfing, video editing, or anything like that, a lot of people prefer macs for their simplicity. That's just it though, once you buy a mac, you are gonna have that basic functionality and not much else. You can't just go willie nillie buying new harddrives, video cards, sound cards, etc like you can with a PC.   . "

It depends on the  Mac.  You can upgrade the RAM and replace the harddrive on a Mac Mini  as long as you have a putty knife and screw drivers.  I've done it. 

What's funny is that you CAN put any top video card in a Mac Pro BUT it's possible that it will work in Windows (if you're dual booting) and not in Mac OS X which is a bummer.
rdav1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By rdav1109
@Rampage said:
" Yeah, I plan to do alot of gaming on it.  Should I get both depending on what I want to do, or just stick with one. "
This statement has one answer. Get a PC. Macs are awesome. I use my iMac primarily, but for gaming... they suck.