I hope the Resident Evil remake gets ported to PSN.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

I'm glad that they ported re4 and code veronica. But I wish that they could have ported the remake. It still surprises me that capcom didn't port it. The remake was the best RE game I've played. It had a great atmosphere and fun gameplay. I'm sure alot of people that played it love the game aswell. I hope in the future that capcom can put the remake on psn somehow. That would be great.

afjkidd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By afjkidd5

I wish it would be ported as well. When I got to thinking about it, I wondered if Nintendo has any kind of claim on it. The game has only appeared on the Gamecube and Wii as far as I know. It would be great to see such a classic return!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By falserelic

If I had to choose between the remake and code veronica. I would have pick the remake all the way. That game is indeed a classic.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Yeah I am pretty sure that Nintendo has some kind of claim on it.
I am a Resident Evil Zero man myself, I am still waiting for Billy to reappear in the series.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By falserelic

@Resident4t: I always wonder what happened to billy. It would be cool to see him again in another RE game.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By falserelic

Resident Evil zero was a good game too. I just hated how the item system was setup in that game. Leaving stuff behind in a room and going back to get it afterwards was annoying.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Nekroskop

Those backgrounds won't look good at all if they do it the same what they did with RE4 aka Zero Budget remake.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Remake it again. It'll be like the 6th retail release based on the original Resident Evil.

Original, Director's Cut, REMake, Deadly Silence, and then REMake on the Wii.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@ahaisthisourchance said:

Those backgrounds won't look good at all if they do it the same what they did with RE4 aka Zero Budget remake.

Did they even say that RE4 was a remake?  From what I've read all they said it was was a remastered port and people were surprised when it came out and it was just that.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By beargirl1

auugh pleaseee. i want to play you, REmake

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By yetiantics

I'd buy the hell out of REmake on PSN

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By fenixrevolution

I'd buy it regardless of how bad it turned out, same with Zero if they put it out. Though I'd rest easier knowing they were remaking 2 and 3 with the monies they get from this.

Sadly that is a pipe dream.

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CounterShock

Why haven't they made a RE2 remake yet?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Akeldama

@falserelic said:

Resident Evil zero was a good game too. I just hated how the item system was setup in that game. Leaving stuff behind in a room and going back to get it afterwards was annoying.

Better than the fucking inventory boxes.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#15  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Well, yeah. Of course it would've been a better choice than Code Veronica considering that Code Veronica is my least favorite old-style RE game. Really, any main series RE game would be better than Code Veronica. Zero, for as much flak as that game seems to get at times, is much more appealing to me than "Backtracking: The Game". Also, it's at Code Veronica where the Resident Evil storyline stops becoming hokey B horror and starts becoming crazy Matrix inspired nonsense.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By icicle7x3

Bring back Resident Evil Outbreak!

No Caption Provided
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By falserelic

@Akeldama said:

@falserelic said:

Better than the fucking inventory boxes.

For me it wasn't. Because whatever item I had left in a room that I needed. I would have to go all the way back to that room to pick up the fucking item. It got very annoying. If there was item boxes in the game. Then I wouldn't have to go back all the way to that room.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By falserelic

@Icicle7x3 said:

No Caption Provided

Outbreak would be a great psn game. It would be cool to see.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Black_Rose

I think Nintendo partially owns that game, the same way they partially own Twin Snakes.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nekroskop

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@ahaisthisourchance said:

Did they even say that RE4 was a remake? From what I've read all they said it was was a remastered port and people were surprised when it came out and it was just that.

What I meant to say was: If they spend as little money as they did on RE4, they will most likely not redo those backgrounds and it will look like a blurred mess.

Hzaife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Hzaife

I own RE Remake, Re0, RE2, RE3, RE CVX, RE4 Collectors Edition, all are the original releases by the way.

Gamecube versions.

my pride of my game collection, all mint also! i treated them like my children!

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@falserelic said:

@Icicle7x3 said:

No Caption Provided

Only if they fixed the godawful loading times.
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By falserelic

@Resident4t said:

@falserelic said:

@Icicle7x3 said:

No Caption Provided

Only if they fixed the godawful loading times.

I agree. If they do decide to bring outbreak on psn. They should defiantly fix up the loading times.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#24  Edited By Yummylee

They'll never release the Outbreak games online... for starters, so many people are completely past the way these games play - even though they did feature that more dynamic analog control, and File 2 even introduced the ability to walk+shoot at the same time, I could never see it catching on with a 2011 crowd. Plus they'll [CAPCOM] be too busy keeping their fingers in Operation: Raccoon City =/ the closest thing we'll ever get to a File 3 more than likely... I''ve still preordered it, mind you. >_> <_<

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NTM

@Resident4t said:

Yeah I am pretty sure that Nintendo has some kind of claim on it. I am a Resident Evil Zero man myself, I am still waiting for Billy to reappear in the series.

Supposedly, the new animated RE film is supposed to have both Leon, and Billy as main characters.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Yummylee

@NTM said:

@Resident4t said:

Yeah I am pretty sure that Nintendo has some kind of claim on it. I am a Resident Evil Zero man myself, I am still waiting for Billy to reappear in the series.

Supposedly, the new animated RE film is supposed to have both Leon, and Billy as main characters.

If it'll be anything like Degeneration then the cast won't matter, because it'll suck.. terribly. Gawd Dayum was Degeneration bad.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NTM

@Abyssfull said:

@NTM said:

@Resident4t said:

If it'll be anything like Degeneration then the cast won't matter, because it'll suck.. terribly. Gawd Dayum was Degeneration bad.

Yeah, it was terrible. Mostly because it was boring (and so much more). I thought I'd mention it still though.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Yummylee

@NTM said:

@Abyssfull said:

@NTM said:

@Resident4t said:

Yeah, it was terrible. Mostly because it was boring (and so much more). I thought I'd mention it still though.

If it brings Billy back in the spotlight, and thus increases his chances of getting a role in a new RE game, then I'd at the very least be grateful for that. I've always pictured him returning to the foray as a B.S.A.A soldier under a different name, since he most likely changed it to go along with his ''death'', and then would later reveal himself to be Billy down the line as some pretty-predictable-plot-twist.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Joeyoe31

Oh man, I love Resident Evil 4 but Resident Evil 1 Remake was just the best! If they brought it over to an HD system I'd be so happy. But that's never going to happen...

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By benjaebe

@Icicle7x3 said:

No Caption Provided

God damnit yes. I'm still hoping and praying for a re-release. It'll probably never happen, but the co-op aspects of Outbreak were so goddamn good.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By falserelic

I probably will give operation raccoon city a chance, but I do have strong doubts about it. Knowing that the game is being made by slant six. Its going to have the over the top socom style gameplay with technical issues. I can see a whole lot of hardcore RE fans being pissed off. But we will see how things will turnout for that game.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By Meowayne

In Final Fantasy VII, the game where I spent a lot of time researching the technicalities of a possible remake, every screen had pixel values associated with it telling the game what is behind and what is in front of the character. If the same is true for the REmake, issuing an "HD" version would not only mean replacing the background renders with high res versions (if these even still exist / ever existed, which I doubt), but re-coding everything around them as well, as the code is not easily scalable.

Just upping the output resolution like it is done with all the HD releases these days would make the game look worse than it does on the Cube or Wii. It would require an effort a la Monkey Island SE, and that is not going to happen.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By maskedarcstrike

@Black_Rose: Ya your right, I think they have the publishing rights since they published both games.