I need a game to fill a Guild Wars 2 shaped hole in my heart.

• 91 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6f0f4262550
deactivated-5d6f0f4262550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

People are always going to have opinions. All the talk about this situation is hearsay and projection. Unless there is a recording of what actually happened when they were fired, you'll never know the facts. If you're trying to make a political statement, vote and donate, but play what you want and don't let politics ruin what you enjoy.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

WillyOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By WillyOD

@mars92: Maybe you are just looking for a way out or are bored, because your reason for thinking of leaving GW2 behind is kinda... funny. Also you are saying you're not gonna engage in discussion about the matter you based your original post on, and then you start talking about it ;) I used to play GW2 but I stopped sometimes before the first expansion came out. I still log in from time to time and I'm mostly scared of my full inventory and not knowing what anything is and should I do something with the items or just dump them all :)

Cannot recommend RIFT it's very micro-transaction heavy these days, used to be pretty cool back in the days but GW2 does almost everything better. The home building is nice in RIFT though. Black Desert Online looked kinda nice but felt pretty bland. I think I would recommend Elder Scrolls Online, it's looking pretty good after the Morrowind expansion and they've added even more stuff since. Also you might want to consider Final Fantasy Online (can't remember the actual name), if you're at all into that kinda thing.

Also your reply to indure: "Guild Wars 1 is still running, I jumped back into it not long ago and there's still..."

I just found this super funny, because my main reason for me personally disliking GW is a simple reason: you cannot jump ;) [I kept on pressing the space bar by accident... a lot]

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Casepb

Ever played Blade and Soul or Black Desert Online?

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mars92: Cool. I sent you some stuff in ESO. Won't be useful until level 10. Once you outlevel it, you can transfer it to other characters that you make.

Mars92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IHazMagics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By IHazMagics

@relkin: I really wish I could agree with it, but after the redesign TSW was definitely not what it used to be. If you've never played OG then it's probably ok.

In regards to the larger Arena Net discussion. I don't agree with her response YeongYea had a pretty good break down of the whole debacle, where he actually talked about it, rather than excusing her actions. In terms of her firing, I disagree with that unless (and honestly, we'll probably never know this) there was any history of unprofessional behaviour.

Regardless whether you are having a crappy day or not, some people might hit back about it, but most humans sort of apologise about it. Instead of apologising she just doubled down.

oueddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@sethmode said:
@konig_kei said:

You could've left out that little comment about why you didn't want to play gw2 and avoided this whole mess but anyway.

In what universe is the OP at fault for this? His comment was completely innocuous and met with someone going on a diatribe about their opinions that were completely off topic from what the OP asked, to start a fight. Now we're here, where a fine thread was torpedoed because people apparently can't help themselves even when unsolicited.

He's at fault because he posted on a public forum!11 etc etc

I don't even know why I waded this deep into this thread, what was I expecting.

Avatar image for securityguruguy
SecurityGuruGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Throwing in my vote for Elder Scrolls Online.

Lazyimperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's droll, but I feel a strange sense of partisan pride in Elder Scrolls Online having such a strong showing on this thread. The team over at Zenimax Online Studios have done an incredible job, from the art design to the writing and from the voice acting to the gameplay in general. If you'd told me back in 2014 that the game would come this far, address all its original shortcomings, and become the best MMO that I have ever played... I wouldn't have believed you. :-P Warms my heart.

Hurrah. I hope you have fun, Mars92.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So you want real time combat, no subscription fee and PvE focused; sounds like Warframe to me.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Defiance 2050! It's only 90% broken (says the man who pumped hours into it).

But seriously, Warframe.