I'm bored of video games, and I don't know why...

• 72 results
veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By veektarius

Right now sucks for games, though. Of course, Destiny is coming up, but after that, what's the next thing? Civ? And that's not 'til late October. Definitely time to catch up on your reading.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

Well for me it's just that there is nothing interesting out right now. I have played most of the games I want to play and I'm just waiting for new stuff to release. I still have some games I haven't started on or haven't finished yet, like Fez, but I just can't get myself to play them even though they might be great.

2014 has been the worst year in gaming in a long time. I just want to play something new and exciting, right now I want to play the big new "aaa" game only thing is that almost none of those are coming out this year. Atleast next year will be more exciting.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I think it's just something that happens from time to time. I've certainly gone stints without playing anything at all. I don't think there's anything to worry about, really. If you don't feel like playing games, then don't! No one's forcing you (as far as I know).

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

There is not a lot of great games that suck you in lately. The latest have been Dark Souls II and Hearthstone for me. I still play those, but haven't played a game that came out in the last 4 months or so that really interested me. There will be more amazing games in the future. Soft dry-spells happen.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#55  Edited By armaan8014

I had this phase once.. It'll pass soon enough. It happens :)

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#56 sweep  Moderator

lol neku is back

Just take a break dude! There's no pressure or obligation to do anything. If games are boring you then maybe just try doing something else for a while. If you need to play something then maybe try some obscure indie games or something you had previously dismissed. I've gradually moved away from FPS games over the past few years after getting increasingly bored with Call Of Duty, and I'm trying to play as much weird stuff as possible.

Go play Guns Of Icarus Online. Game is badass.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By falserelic

I know what you mean. Games aren't like they used to be, and nowadays I usually find myself being bored by them quickly(Except for Warframe). Like everybody else is saying there's not too many interesting games right now. Anyway, Warframe is usually my go to game for now. At the moment I'm training my kubrow.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I named him Cujo. He's still a kid at the moment, but one he'll be a badass warrior just like me. When the time comes he'll tag along with me on missions, and we'll accomplish phenomenal feats...we're going to save the universe one day.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, this is normal, me and my friends call it a phase. You are just going to have to wait for that game that will get you back into gaming, keep gaming and good luck! Considering all the garbage that comes out now it wouldn't hurt to play some retro games.

Cactusapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you considered taking up rock climbing? It's a hell of a lot of fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@agentboolen: I'm bummed I missed your post until today.

Obviously every generation is iterative to some extent, but I've just felt like I was inspired by the possibilities games hinted at in the 3rd, 5th and 7th gens, but impressed with games meeting those potentials in the 4th, 6th, and now 8th.

In hindsight, I don't like the original Legend of Zelda very much. It's obtuse and obfuscating and needed a bit more to it, but the possibilities it hinted at were amazing for the time. All those possibilities found their perfection with Link to the Past. You can say the same thing with Metroid to Super Metroid, Final Fantasy to Final Fantasy 3/6, or even Mario Bros to Mario World. The best SNES games were the ones that were NES games done better... I'd also argue the best PS2 games are PS1 games done better. Metal Gear Solid was this bold new idea that taxed the limits of PS1 tech; but I feel its focus on cinematic presentation hinted at new possibilities that the Housers made good on with the PS2 Grand Theft Autos.

The one thing I might note is that the 7th gen ran so exorbitantly long that it might have actually had both the expansionary and contracting phases included within it. You can look at the first 4-5 years as the usual gen length, and then the additional 4-5 that got tacked on as its chance to perfect the new ideas and make things to form.

Thinking about games in a historical context is really interesting to me.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

It can happen. I had 4 year break after the end of the golden PS2 era but got back into it when my job started become boring and I could get games like Bayonetta and Saints Row 2 for cheap.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By frankfartmouth

I've hardly played any games in the last year; I've just had too much going on. Sometimes I'll break out my TurboGrafx or SNES for a quick shooter or something, but that's about it. It took me about 10 months to beat Dark Souls, I've been so busy, and so I haven't started up anything time consuming since. In fact, I haven't even posted anything on this site for about a year.

Sometimes you got to do other stuff, you know? If you're concerned that you're losing interest in the whole thing, probably not. I mean, maybe, some people do, but it's more likely that you just need a break for a minute. Something will almost certainly grab your attention again.

mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Long time no see, Giant Bomb.

It seems weird to me that I haven't posted here in over 6 months, seeing as I used to post here daily, but something has gone wrong and I don't know how to fix it - Video games are boring me. I've just finished Metro 2033, the first game I've played and completed in a while, and I look at my steam library and realise that nothing in it seems to interest me.

Maybe it's just a thing of me having to actually start playing the game before I get into it, but I have pretty much zero urges to play anything, which is weird. I also got half-way through Infamous recently and have lost interest in it (even though I've played it before and loved it).

Has anyone been through something similar? I'd hate to think that I'm losing interest in something that is such a big part of my life. Someone, please tell me it will pass soon, or give me some tips on how to fix this?

Thanks.

I don't play games I watch giant bomb. I am pretty much waiting for Binding of Isaac Rebirth. I am studying game design degree though haha.

shozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's ok to take a break. I have a odd habit where I'll stop reading for a while and watch more Netflix or abandon Netflix for months on end to do nothing but play games. Entertainment like diet requires variety.

Step back for a while, go soak up the sun and don't feel bad about not playing anything. I think it's nuts to simply do nothing but consume media. I need to take a break from everything quite often and do something creative. Knock out some writing, make art or learn a new skill. Although games are a major part of my life there is lots more to me or anyone else. Use this fatigue to do something to improve your life or try something you've always been curious to learn. Don't sit in front of your monitor and wonder what's wrong, go outside and play. Once you return you'll be eager to fill in the gaps of your backlog, try out some hot new title or return try something way outside your comfort zone.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

How old are you? I played VG's most of my life but started losing interest in them when I was about 24. I still play games from time to time, but not for hours a day like I used to. I don't know, don't force it though, wait until something catches you eye, and until then, the world is limitless; If you have the money to play videogames and you're bored of them, there are so many amazing things you could be doing that you'll never have enough time in your life to do them all.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I've kind of gone off them a whole lot in recent month's too. I'm still interested in reading about them and following new releases, nothing excites me more than to see if the years big releases will kick ass or fall flat on their faces but I rarely get a huge urge of craving to play any particular games anymore. Recently I've enjoyed Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe and Jazzpunk but that's about it. Up until last week I thought I'd always be able to fall back on my favorite online multiplayer games for my 360 (Gears of War 3, Halo Reach/Halo 4, Max Payne 3 and COD Black Ops) but they really didn't do anything for me when I tried them out, and I thought I would love GOW3 especially for as long as it was still playable on LIVE. :(

RiotControl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I haven't played a game in about a month either. In fact, I keep leaving a game running all day long with the means to play it, but I never do. Now I'm just not even getting started because I don't want to wear out my disc drive for nothing. In fact, I'm not even keeping up with gaming news anymore like I've done almost every day for years and years. There are games that I keep hearing about for the first time, but were announced months before. It's not even that I don't have anything to play. I've got a massive library and backlog to go through with great games within them, but I just don't want to get started playing them.

It doesn't help that I don't like MOBA's, F2P shooters like TF2 or MMOs of any kind anymore. I don't like the previous two, but I'm just 100% wore out of playing MMOs. I'm so tired of every game under the sun becoming what's more or less an "MMO-lite." The PC still has some games I'm interested in, but they're all a ways off with the exception of some RPGs that call back to the golden age of PC gaming. That said, I almost never start playing RPGs anymore because I'm intimidated by having to put 50 hours into a game that I may stop playing at any point and ruin the experience for myself. (You never really can come back to an RPG you left off on months later and have the same experience)

So I'm not interested in most single-player games coming out. There are so many indie games that I don't even bother keeping up with them anymore and I don't like most modern online multi-player games. The thing is, none of this looks like it's going to change any time soon.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I know how you feel 100%. I tried to play some games I bought and haven't played yet, but I couldn't really get into any of them. I play a lot of FIFA, but that's just a mindless podcast-listening activity to me. I still love GB content, but yeah, not finding a lot of games interesting these days.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chobobot said:

I tend to feel bored with gaming when there is too much to play. I have games on PS4, 3DS, Vita and not to mention by backlog on Steam. The best way to beat boredom is by focusing on one game at a time and just enjoying the experience. If you don't like it then just stop playing that one and put it aside.

May I recommend X-Com: Enemy Within (if you've yet to try it yet)

It was a big change of genre to something I normally wouldn't have played. I ended up VERY happy with it.
Or just keep taking a break from games and come back organically when you feel like doing so.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It happens.

As someone who consumes every ounce of entertainment I can(movies, video games, music, books, manga, comic books, anime, drama shows,) sometimes I take a break from one form. However, video games are sort of my center. I never get tired of them. I'm taking up some anime again after taking a break and it feels good. You'll get in the groove again I think.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@splodge: Dungeon Keeper 1 was better ~ of course

I also love DK1, but I prefer DK2 because that was one of my formative gaming experiences. And, unfortunately, one that any of its spiritual successors has failed to emulate.

jhajha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe you should take a break. Focus on different things in life.