I'm looking for a new PS4 game to play

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey dudes!

So, in the last year or so, my gaming has almost ENTIRELY been on the PC, with...8/10 games played this year (Yes, I am keeping a spreadsheet. No, YOU have the problem), and I'm looking for a new game to play on the PS4 Pro. My PS4 shits on my PC in terms of what it can put out, and I'd like to play a game where I can just sit down and play on the couch. I have, however, played a LOT of the big PS4 games. I'll make a quick list of what I have played, just to avoid that problem.

DOOM, Dragon Quest Builders, Farcry 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Inside, The Witcher 3, Stardew Valley, Persona 5, Nier, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Odin Sphere, Uncharted 4, Yakuza 0, Final Fantasy XV, World of Final Fantasy, Sonic Mania, Assassins Creed Black Flag, South Park: FBW, Okami, Wolfenstein 2, Titanfall 2, Ni No Kuni 2, God of War, Dragon Quest XI, Spiderman, Red Dead 2 and DMC5.

As you can see, I've got a lot of use out of my PS4, but I've only played Red Dead and DMC5 since I upgraded to a pro. I'd like to play a cool game that might have fallen under the radar I guess.

No interest in Last of Us and Bloodborne. I played TLOU on PS3 and hated it, and I have ZERO interest in modern From Software games

Thanks!

samaroo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The Witness and both Hitmans. (Hitmen?)

curtis004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking also

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By big_denim
  • Ratchet & Clank Remake
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Infamous Second Son

They're not in the same tier as God of War, Bloodborne, etc. but I still think these are very good PS4 exclusives that get overlooked far too often.

Also - while it's not an exclusive, Helldivers is a game I still regularly boot up my PS4 to play.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ATastySlurpee
AlvaroFAraujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: you played a lot of ps4 games, some of them I also intend on doing so and for that I thank you for this list. It points out most of the interesting stuff it came out for the system.

It seems you're missing MH:World. I know it might be a little scary starting from the start since its a game to play with company/friends. I too started playing just in April, still havent reached G rank to make myself buy the expansion (i have still have a lot to do). I dont play it everyday but I would SQUAD with you if you need an extra

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: you played a lot of ps4 games, some of them I also intend on doing so and for that I thank you for this list. It points out most of the interesting stuff it came out for the system.

It seems you're missing MH:World. I know it might be a little scary starting from the start since its a game to play with company/friends. I too started playing just in April, still havent reached G rank to make myself buy the expansion (i have still have a lot to do). I dont play it everyday but I would SQUAD with you if you need an extra

Oooh I didn't stick with MH:W. I played about 12 hours on PC- I did the first big setpiece boss, then got bored!

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Until Dawn, Resident Evil 2 & 7 the rest of the Yakuza games and Wipeout Omega Collection are the ones I can think of that you havn't mentioned and I have enjoyed.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Until Dawn, Resident Evil 2 & 7 the rest of the Yakuza games and Wipeout Omega Collection are the ones I can think of that you havn't mentioned and I have enjoyed.

Does RE:2 still play in 2019? I never played it as a kid cause it was too scary!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By monkeyking1969

I would also say Until Dawn, the other Yakuza games, and maybe one of the lesser known jRPGs.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll second Resident Evil 2/7 and the Witness. All three are bangers, plus RE7 and The Witness are fairrrly cheap now, I think.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Yakuza games, the remake of 1 is very good and the remake of 2 is fantastic.

Hotpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why don't you continue to play on PC?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hotpot said:

why don't you continue to play on PC?

My PC isn't very good! I have an older CPU and a 1050Ti. It's just getting on a little! Plus, I'd like to play some games in 4K on my big, nice TV, while sitting in my couch. I don't really like being sat hunched over my PC desk all day!

In regards to the thread, I went with Resident Evil 2. I haven't played a RE game save for 4 on the Wii. I am really going out of my comfort zone on this one

tophar01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That RE2 Remake is very good imo.

JonRambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre said:
@moskelosk said:

Does RE:2 still play in 2019? I never played it as a kid cause it was too scary!

Yes, I loved it.

I’ll also suggest Spider-Man PS4. I haven’t played it yet but have had it recommended by multiple people and it’s next on my list to play.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I'm currently playing Control and am pretty over the moon with it. Thought Remedy may have lost "It" after Quantum Break but they found "It" again. If you have any fondness for Alan Wake especially, definitely worth playing.

Full disclosure, playing it on the PC but fairly certain Giant Bomb's Quick Look is on a PS4 Pro and Alex seemed happy with it.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As someone who actively dislikes the souls games, I loved Bloodborne. It reminded me of a character action game in a lot of ways. If it's cheap, or you got it when it was on PS+ I recommend giving it a try.

DodoBasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonrambo: I thought they already listed Spiderman as a game they played?

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By nutter

Control is fantastic (disclosure, played it on the X).

Also, if you played Yakuza 0, you loved Yakuza 0...because it’s fucking amazing.

Maybe check out the other Yakuza games, assuming you haven’t already played them.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter said:

Control is fantastic (disclosure, played it on the X).

Also, if you played Yakuza 0, you loved Yakuza 0...because it’s fucking amazing.

Maybe check out the other Yakuza games, assuming you haven’t already played them.

I'm getting Kiwami at Christmas, when I have 2 weeks off work.

I went with RE2 lads, and despite owning it for a month, it hasn't even gone in my PS4 yet. You know when life kinda has its dirty little way with you? It's been that sorta 4 weeks

JonRambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dodobasse: haha, yup. Definitely missed that before.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got RE2 to play as soon as I'm done with Sekiro. I've had it since March but haven't bothered yet.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

I've got RE2 to play as soon as I'm done with Sekiro. I've had it since March but haven't bothered yet.

Yeah I feel you. When I bought RE2 last month it was 45 quid, now it's 28, and I still haven't even put it in my PS4.