I'm SO done with GS: I just got suspended for saying r-tard

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jNerd

They said it was a derogatory use of the word retard. I meant r-tard like from South Park (Make Love Not Warcraft)
God I'm effin fed up with there bullshit. I'm officially done with GS.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HazBazz

it is kind of an offensive word, when used in certain contexts. they were right to suspend you

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Suicrat

I'll be the first to say it: Fuck Gamespot.

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

Not suspendable, though for a site like GS? Oh hell yeah.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Relys
HazBazz said:
"it is kind of an offensive word, when used in certain contexts. they were right to suspend you
"
GTFO!
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Megalon

Well alright then. By all means, bring your name calling here. It adds a lot to the community.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c
deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Relys said:
"HazBazz said:
"it is kind of an offensive word, when used in certain contexts. they were right to suspend you
"
GTFO!
"
they should suspend him for offending tc!
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jNerd
Relys said:
"HazBazz said:
"
GTFO!
"
Seriously dude, gtfo! R-tard....
goldenmnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By goldenmnk
HazBazz said:
"
you just lost you license to exist
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jNerd
Megalon said:
"Well alright then. By all means, bring your name calling here. It adds a lot to the community.
"
Dude yer a newb here in comparison to me so I don't wanna hear yer mouth & secondly pleez I insist you be a f**kin cry baby because I said r-tard. Don't start with yer witty quips you jackass. You don't know me or the context in which I used the word.... & furthermoreGTFO r-tard
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shocker

thats retarded

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HazBazz
jNerd said:
"Relys said:
"HazBazz said:
"
GTFO!
"
"
All I'm saying is, its in their rules that you don't use offensive words like that. If you choose to not follow the rules of a website, you should face the consiquences. Gamespot's rules may be more strict than here, but that doesn't mean you should break them and expect to get away with it.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By Suicrat

Gamespot is shit, but don't start needlessly attacking people here, dude. Because that's just not cool.

mikemosha90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mikemosha90

I was suspended for saying GB > GS, and then I immediately canceled my subscription.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HazBazz
mikemosha90 said:
"I was suspended for saying GB > GS, and then I immediately canceled my subscription.
"
now in this case, they didn't have a right to suspend you, as you weren't breaking the rules
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Megalon
jNerd said:
"Megalon said:
"Well alright then. By all means, bring your name calling here. It adds a lot to the community. "
Dude yer a newb here in comparison to me so I don't wanna hear yer mouth & secondly pleez I insist you be a f**kin cry baby because I said r-tard. Don't start off with yer witty quips you jackass. You don't know me or the context in which I used the word.... & furthermore P.S. GTFO r-tard"
Right...I've been here since before day 1, and I have about 1700 more points than you. I've been on gamespot since 2002...and though I don't know you, I'm pretty sure it's users like you that bring the community of that site down. I'm merely hoping HERE you contribute in a positive way, and maybe leave the name calling for the playground. 
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jNerd
HazBazz said:
"jNerd said:
"Relys said:
"HazBazz said:
"
GTFO!
"
"
All I'm saying is, its in their rules that you don't use offensive words like that. If you choose to not follow the rules of a website, you should face the consiquences. Gamespot's rules may be more strict than here, but that doesn't mean you should break them and expect to get away with it.
"
How is r-tard offensive. It's a fuckin made up word...
-You Fail
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By hazelnutman

While I agree that GameSpot can sometimes be a lot stricter about these things, if you're going to start telling people here to "GTFO R-TARD"  then that's not adding to this community at all.

By GameSpot standards, it's quite understandable why you were suspended.

However, don't bring your drama here.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jNerd
mikemosha90 said:
"I was suspended for saying GB > GS, and then I immediately canceled my subscription.
"
mikemosha = ftw!!!
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jNerd
Megalon said:
"jNerd said:
"Megalon said:
"Well alright then. By all means, bring your name calling here. It adds a lot to the community. "
Dude yer a newb here in comparison to me so I don't wanna hear yer mouth & secondly pleez I insist you be a f**kin cry baby because I said r-tard. Don't start off with yer witty quips you jackass. You don't know me or the context in which I used the word.... & furthermore P.S. GTFO r-tard"
Right...I've been here since before day 1, and I have about 1700 more points than you. I've been on gamespot since 2002...and though I don't know you, I'm pretty sure it's users like you that bring the community of that site down. I'm merely hoping HERE you contribute in a positive way, and maybe leave the name calling for the playground. 
"
You have like 20 posts & I only screw with people like you. & I've been on GS for 5yrs so I know the place like the back of my hand. It's a fascist, capitalist gas-chamber of retards & suits.
I will admit you have no-life & Wiki more then me.... congratz.

mikemosha90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mikemosha90
jNerd said:
"mikemosha90 said:
"
mikemosha = ftw!!!
"
haha, Indeed.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hazelnutman
jNerd said:
"Megalon said:
"jNerd said:
"Megalon said:
"
You have like 20 posts & I only screw with people like you. & I've been on GS for 5yrs so I know the place like the back of my hand. It's a fascist, capitalist gas-chamber of retards & suits.
"
Wait, so you're basing people's characters on POSTS?

*facepalm*
ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShiroMe

I stopped using GS because I got a warning for typing "ass". But that's just fine because there is not one person's opinion on their staff I care to listen to.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jNerd

Anyways I'm done arguing here because all the people who are complaining are r-tards & I don't wanna sit here & Have an effin tea party with you because you want to be all grown-up & serious about somethin. Fuck you guys.
-Later Vader

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Megalon
hazelnutman said:
"jNerd said:
"Megalon said:
"jNerd said:
"Megalon said:
Right...I've been here since before day 1, and I have about 1700 more points than you. I've been on gamespot since 2002...and though I don't know you, I'm pretty sure it's users like you that bring the community of that site down. I'm merely hoping HERE you contribute in a positive way, and maybe leave the name calling for the playground.  "
You have like 20 posts & I only screw with people like you. & I've been on GS for 5yrs so I know the place like the back of my hand. It's a fascist, capitalist gas-chamber of retards & suits."
Wait, so you're basing people's characters on POSTS?

*facepalm*"
Haha, my thoughts exactly. Maybe he's right, I'll stop contributing to the content of the site and get right on calling people "newb" and "r-tard" on the forums.
Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By Aarny91
HazBazz said:
"

I'll agree
EnterChe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EnterChe

why all the hate? i left gamespot to escape this childness 

PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PullTheTricker

I disgust sensitive crybabies. Fuck Gamespot. There, I said it.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I don't know of the exact context, so I can't really judge, but if it was used to refer to someone doing something dumb or stupid, I agree with that moderation. Using the word retard to refer to a someone acting a bit dumb is EXTREMELY offensive to people who actually suffer from mental retardation. It is every bit as offensive as using the N word, but because it is discriminating against a smaller, more vulnerable minority everyone seems to think its alright.

Although I do agree some gamespot moderations are a bit harsh, and since I don't know the exact context, you could be one of the people harshly modded. I don't know.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Jothel

i got suspened a whole bunch for shitty reasons like that
i called someone an idiot and got suspended. jesus christ if i'd gone to town on them then i would have deserved it, but just saying idiot? c'mon

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Homer

I don't have an account on gamespot and never will.

Funployee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Funployee

enough with the GS sucks and its all about GB threads.  Can't we just shun GS and enjoy talking about videogames on this amazing new game site?

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Subway

I got suspended for writing Sh*t once, how do they know I wasn't trying to say "shut"!? :-p

Derios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Derios

Hey, hey the people behind gamespot (the oldschool ones, i don't know any of the new ones) are good people. The douchebags up at c-net fucked up the dream team. Do you really think they wanted this shit to happen? Seriously get over it.

SoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SoSerious
Funployee said:
"enough with the GS sucks and its all about GB threads.  Can't we just shun GS and enjoy talking about videogames on this amazing new game site?"
Agreed.
SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
Funployee said:
"enough with the GS sucks and its all about GB threads.  Can't we just shun GS and enjoy talking about videogames on this amazing new game site?"
SO agreed.  Personally, I'd love it if the GB staff flat out banned GB vs GS and GS sucks type threads.  I really don't want to hear it anymore.
SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SolemnOaf

I got banned from Gamespot once for saying the Wii is for kids and mentally deficient adults.  Exact words.  Don't feel too down.

namster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By namster

it depends in what context u used the word really

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#39  Edited By citizenkane

We have already been over threads like this.