mancannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mancannon

Hola conquistadors,

I was curious if anybody knows about the status of the app. I bought it back when they first launched it with the amazing commercial, but it's pretty much gone defunct. News still loads fine and the database stuff is working dandilly, but none of the videos will load. It may vary from person to person, but one of the main reasons I visit GB is for the videos.

I'm not really sure how long the videos have been broken, but I was just wondering if it's a known issue waiting to be fixed.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Mancannon said:
" Hola conquistadors,  I was curious if anybody knows about the status of the app. I bought it back when they first launched it with the amazing commercial, but it's pretty much gone defunct. News still loads fine and the database stuff is working dandilly, but none of the videos will load. It may vary from person to person, but one of the main reasons I visit GB is for the videos.  I'm not really sure how long the videos have been broken, but I was just wondering if it's a known issue waiting to be fixed. "
The old app was aboded. The only one now is the one you have to be a paid member to use. 
mancannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mancannon
@The_Laughing_Man: 

Oh, well that's unfortunate. Any particular reason behind that decision? Seems really dickish to charge for the app and then abandon it, just to give a fully functioning version to paid members.
vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By vager
@Mancannon said:
" @The_Laughing_Man:   Oh, well that's unfortunate. Any particular reason behind that decision? Seems really dickish to charge for the app and then abandon it, just to give a fully functioning version to paid members. "
They got frustrated with how long it takes for Apple to approve changes to the app. So they made a mobile site that they can modify at anytime.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RE_Player1
@Mancannon: They didn't like dealing with Apple as it was a pain in the ass to get it into the store in the first place and if they were to update it the updates would also have to go through Apple. I bought the app when it was priced at $2 I believe and even than I wasn't really impressed. I think the mobile site they've implemented for paid members is much better as it gives you the ability to post on the forums and such. It was a bad decision to put the app out but hey you live and learn. 
mancannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mancannon
@RE_Player92:@Vager: 
Makes sense that they wouldn't want to deal with Apple if that were the case, but it's still odd that they would go through all the trouble of promoting the app, and would take money for it if it was so difficult to get the app on the store in the first place.

Either way, thanks to everyone for the quick answers, and it seems like the site works fine from an iPhone even if you're not a paid member.
rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By rahulricky

the app worked great for like a year or 18 months or whatever, I don't feel like my £2 was wasted.