Is Beast in the East dead?

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Paging @alex on this one, but I thought I might as well put it to the community as well.

Based off the conversations had during the GOTY discusssions, is Beast in the East dead?

It was one of my favorite series in a long while in the site. While in the future it might make more sense to have Alex behind the wheel just due to Dan's issues with the combat (and those issues aren't necessarily his own), I really hope it would return, way over another Shenmue series.

Has anyone seen any actual official word on this that I missed?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

It's back on the shelf...

I don't think they officially kill things but it wasn't a good idea to tell the community they were going to play the whole series.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I didn't realize they were going to continue in official capacity past Yakuza 0. By the end of that game I got the feeling that while they all had fun to varying degrees they also very much wanted a break from Yakuza for a while.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Hearing Dan talking about it during one of the GOTY segments made me assume that it's coming back. I think it might be a while but I'm betting we will see a playthrough of Yakuza Kiwami in 2018.

Personally I really just wish they would play the original Yakuza on PS2 instead because of that amazing English dub.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I didn't realize they were going to continue in official capacity past Yakuza 0. By the end of that game I got the feeling that while they all had fun to varying degrees they also very much wanted a break from Yakuza for a while.

This. Exactly. Its a long undertaking. I can imagine they may want a break from it even if they do bring it back. I doubt they have "fully" killed it off. Just on a back burner.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BrainScratch

Today on the subreddit, Dan said he doesn't know when they're going to continue with the show but that he wants to see where the story is going and going forward Alex will control the game while Dan watches. Based on Alex's comments on various places, he definitely enjoys Yakuza and it also seems that he wants to keep going with it. So I guess there's still hope, it might just be a matter of time.

I think it would be nice if they started the playthrough of Kiwami in February 2018, to make it exactly one year after the first season of the show.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By BlackLagoon

Currently the Monday slot BITE used is occupied by The Exquisite Corps. I would imagine they might consider bringing it back once the latter is done (which might not be too long unless Alex completely nails it next time.)

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boonsong: dan said several times during goty that he wanted to play kiwami on his own

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Alex mentions in his goty list that he's halfway through playing Kiwami on his own, so I doubt they're continuing the series. Seems like Alex and Dan are the two interested in even continuing those games, Vinny came off as really disinterested in going any farther. I bet they play them on their own rather than as a video feature.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travisrex: Oh I missed that then. I was listening to one segment were Dan was talking about wanting to play the whole series and I just assumed that to mean another feature on the site. That's a shame.

kblosnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Is the Shenmue Endurance Run dead?"