Is The Witcher and WItcher 2 worth it?

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bobcat1794

Yeah so ive recently been wanting to pick up The Witcher 2 but thought that i should go through the first game. so i was wondering if its really worth it to buy and play through the first one before going to the second withcer. Also would i need to play the first one for the story too or is witcher 2 basically a standalone story. And finally im not the best pc gamer, due to the fact that ive had a pc that can handle games for about a year and only have simple games on my pc to play, so i was thinking of picking up one of those things that lets me play the game with an xbox controller, which im way better at using, but is that also worth the hassle or is the game perfectly fine fun and easy to get used to with a key and mouse config. And last but not least ive also heard and seen that witcher 2 is coming to xbox 360 but i havent seen a confirmed date or what its comparison to the pc version is like so i dont really want to wait for that version unless its right around the corner.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Jesus... how old are you?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zeforgotten

The Witcher 2 is right around the corner (April, or something like that, I dunno) for the 360 so you could just wait for that.  
But yeah, the first one is worth playing through if you really want some of the story explained to you.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By nick_verissimo

I've only recently started playing the first one and as far as I know, there is no gamepad support, so you wouldn't have to worry about setting up something to use your 360 controller. As for the game itself, I'd definitely recommend picking it up as the world itself is really interesting and while I'm not a huge fan of the combat, it seems like it will be get deeper and be more rewarding as you get further into the game. The witchers are really cool characters and Geralt is a badass so check it out if you've got the time.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Humanity

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Jesus... how old are you?

You need to be at least this tall to ride the Giant Bomb.

If you just got a PC that can play games well then waiting for the 360 version seems counter intuitive. I think Vinny has mentioned a few times that you can play it with a controller just fine.

As for the first game they are both very different and the second game is kind of a direct continuation of the first.

bucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bucifer

Go for it, both are very good games, some of the best story based RPGs I've played.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By mosdl

The 360 port will cost more and not look as good as the PC version...

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SlasherMan

Both Witcher games are absolutely worth it. Second one can be played with a gamepad, the first one... not really, since it's made specifically for a KBM setup.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Marz

Witcher 1 is definitely worth playing but you don't need to know much about it in Witcher 2 other than to know some of the Witcher's friends from the first game like Triss, Dandelion, and Zoltan.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MezZa

I'd get the PC version of Witcher 2 for sure. I can't say about Witcher 1 because I haven't had the time to play it yet.

ausroller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ausroller

I started playing the Witcher 1 last year mostly to be ready for Witcher 2, and it ended up becoming one of my favourite games. It's one of the only games I have ever played start to finish without playing anything else in the meantime. (I'm one of those people who play 4-5 games at once). It's also a long game, my first playthrough was about 40 hrs which is not uncommon apparently. Can't wait till April, my PC can't handle Witcher 2 unfortunately.

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Branwulf

I played through the first game before starting the second, I actually prefer a lot of things in the first game, the things that carry over are cool (story wise) but minor and the weapon/raven armour while a nice touch is replaced within a few hours.

If you want to get the whole story then play the first one.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Omega

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition is coming in April. I dunno if the 360 version will have the Enhanced Edition content so that could be a deciding factor for you there. And if you get The Witcher 2 before April you get upgraded to the Enhanced Edition for free, so go play... Now.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By vitor

@Omega said:

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition is coming in April. I dunno if the 360 version will have the Enhanced Edition content so that could be a deciding factor for you there. And if you get The Witcher 2 before April you get upgraded to the Enhanced Edition for free, so go play... Now.

The 360 Version has bonus content, new characters and missions, that will be added to the PC version as a free update. The enhanced edition content is basically the 360 stuff but ported over.

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bobcat1794

ill definitely pick up the first one now and since the 360 port is coming in april i can wait for it. Also what was that age comment about? did i do something or say something stupid or what?