Jim Sterling: On Sexism, and What The Puppeteer Said

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'd love to see more games include the option of playing a male of female character. I don't see what it has to do with GTA 5 or The Puppeteer.

I want more female protagonists but I want it to happen in a meaningful way. I think there should be differences in how games are played or how the leads act if you choose a female or male. Simply changing the model and voice is meaningless. The characters would have to be more complex to avoid stereotypes and everyone wins.

I can't wait to see more female protagonists but I don't find games that don't have that choice to be sexist or wrong. I think that's stupid.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I think going forward we should keep in mind that developers can't do all things for all people. I'm not drawing issue with the want for more female protagonists, but at some point it becomes cumbersome to try and branch out just to be all inclusive.

We need developers creating more diverse character leads, not putting a female skin into an otherwise unexsisting character role.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

This has unfortunately devolved to the point where I think a lock is appropriate. Thank you to those who have included intelligent, well written comments on both sides of this.