Launch day streams?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

So with all of the other consoles, Giantbomb has done a launch day stream. I know due to Covid and in general only having what seems to be only two staff with the systems so far, will there be launch day streams this week? The test they did the other day with the older Xbox games on the Series X seems to have shown that the tech is there to do something.

It would be nice to see since so many people won't have access to these consoles for a bit.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Would be really cool to see one especially since not much else is going on in the world of gaming

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It raises the question of what would they show? They've already done videos of startup, UI etc. and it's not like these consoles have significant (or unique) launch day lineups to run through. I think doing launch day streams would be a bit of a retread at this stage.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By frytup

Yeah, I just don't know what there is to see we haven't already seen.

Maybe running through the setup process would be cool?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're showing games.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bigsocrates  Online

I WANT ANOTHER STREAM OF FUNKY BARN!

It's not "technically" available on the Xbox Series X or the PS5, but I loved the Wii U streams about it and how much disdain Jeff had for it so I want it!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Humanity

I personally would love to see them run through some last generation games and show the improvements there.

I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter World this past month and in Iceborne I've had to scale it back to "performance" mode because the framerate was taking a hit. I've seen videos of the game running on Series X where it not only loads up to the gameworld from a cold start in 38 seconds (which if you've played MHW on XB1 or PS4 you'll know is incredibly fast) but also you can apparently set the game to Resolution mode and play in full detail, 4K, while still retaining a steady 60 FPS. What is interesting to note is that these load times are almost double on the PS5 which is very odd.

For people like myself that will continue playing "last gen" games for a while until new games catch up with these systems thats some really exciting news! I would love to see how some other popular games look and play? This would especially be cool for problematic titles of last generation like CONTROL for instance.