Left 4 Dead left me wanting....

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By Hamz

So the highly anticipated survival-horror-coop-orientated-zombie-shooter from Valve was released today at 5am, in the UK anyway, and i was one of the brave, or sad, folks who stayed up to play it as soon as the game unlocked on Steam. And i haven't really stopped playing it since, infact its now nearlly 5pm and i've only just logged out to write this blog and share my thoughts.

First of all this game is intense and one thing i cannot stress enough is play it with people you trust. When there is so much going on, whether its a screaming horde of regular zombies or some devious zombie jumping out the shadows with a blood curdling howl as it pummels you to the floor. You really need to have people on your team to back you up when things get tough. I've been fortunate enough to play alongside a bunch of friends on Steam aswell as being unfortunate enough to play alongside a bunch of random people aswell. L4D is a game that really relies heavily on players knowing, trusting and being familiar with one another to achieve success against the undead. To use a term from MMO's it just doesn't end well if you have to PUG (pick up group) your way through the game.

The AI Director in the game is very clever and you find yourself experiencing a different style of gameplay each time you play one of the chapters in the 4 campaigns. I also found its very unforgiving too stupid players. In true horror movie style you'll get ripped apart if you stray too far ahead of the group or if you stray too far behind and hold the group up. One unfortunate French player in a group i was in kept straying behind to try and find pipebombs while the rest of us kept moving. Needless to say he was set upon by a group of somewhat pissed off zombies and we had to come back and rescue him a number of times. Sure we could have waited for him but like the old saying goes, "We can't stop here, this is bat country!"....or something along those lines. No two playthroughs ever really feel the same and you'll find yourself really saying "oh shit" when you walk outside the safe house into the loving arms of a Tank. And when you try to run back into the safe house and close the door you find the loving AI director has decided the door cannot be closed....

Yeah....your fucked now mate!

My only real gripes with the game, if you can consider them that, is that it left me wanting more. I didn't really feel satisfied after playing through each campaign and while yes i still have to go through them all again to get some of the campaign specific achievements. I really wished it was a little longer but i imagine thats where the higher difficulty settings and friends will add a lot of replay value to the game. The other thing is the variety of weapons on offer to help you ease the suffering of the ravenous hordes of undead you encounter. In a word there is very few weapons to be honest. You have the tier 1 set consisting of a basic pump action shotgun, uzi submachine gun and pistol(s) where as the tier 2 set consists of an M16, automatic shotgun and scoped hunting rifle. While secondary weapons such as pipebombs, molotov cocktails, petrol tanks and gas canisters can also be found dotted around the place.

It just seems a little boring at times when you come across the same suspiciously placed M16, hunting rifle and automatic shotgun in every safe house or obscure room in a building within each campaign's chapters. All the while starting off with the same choice of basic shotgun and uzi. I like variety in my options to kill the undead and L4D is somewhat limited in what it offers to carry out such mass slaughtering. I really do hope Valve bring out some updates before the new year to add in some more weapons and perhaps afterwards add in some more maps and campaigns to lengthen the experience. Because L4D is an awesome experience, it has such great atmosphere and replay value that the addition of extra content like new maps and weapons would increase that replay value and general great experience you have when you play the game.

If you've ever played Portal, another of Valve's creations, you'll probably remember the various hidden rooms and areas with messages written on the walls. Ramblings of previous participants in GLaDOS's cruel game like rats in a maze. Well L4D is similar to this in that if you take time to look through the many safe houses and levels you'll come across some entertaining messages such as "We waited for as long as we could, headed to Mercy Hospital, meet us there, Love...." and its these minor little details to the level design that help build up this atmosphere of solitude and despair. Even though you have 3 companions with you at all times you really can't help but feel alone in what is a city full of death, or undeath if you want to be picky.

Dialogue in L4D is immense. There is just tonnes of it and if you look in the games directory you'll see just how many sound files of dialogue each suvivor has. Like many of Valve's games the dialogue is of top quality and the voice acting is spot on. Facial animations and the general appearance and feeling you get from the survivors is very reminiscent of Alyx Vance in Half-Life 2 yet greatly improved. If there is one thing Valve does really well its bring a great deal of life and personification to its NPC's and characters in their games. Even the zombies have a degree of quality to them that makes you think "ok that could be a real zombie, even though i know its a bunch of pixels and code in a game". The general tone, feel and atmosphere within the game is greatly enhanced by the music that tends to pick up in a dramatic crescendo to let you know that something bad is coming your way.

Multiplayer in L4D comes in the form of Versus mode which i dabbled in briefly. It was fun to play as one of the infected and try to totally lick Zoey with my super long tongue, she was having none of it, but i couldn't help but feel it was way to one sided in favor of the infected. But it was somewhat fun when we utterly destroyed the survivors just outside their safe house and found ourselves suddenly in the same situation when the teams swapped over. Versus was fun but i think i'd much rather play coop on expert as the Versus mode just seems to me to be the player vs player, the multiplayer aspect to appeal to those few who must be able to play against other people and not a clever AI system. It just after awhile felt boring to either A.) Be constantly ripped apart only a few feet from a safe house door or B.) Keep spawning as a Hunter and wait 20 seconds sometimes to respawn.

Even though i have a few issues with L4D i think they can really be sorted out by further updates and support from Valve to both balance the game yet add too and extend the replay value of the game much like they have done with TF2. A few regular updates to add new maps, chapters or campaigns aswell as weapons and i'll be happy. Perhaps they can improve on the Versus mode aswell by maybe adding more maps or gameplay modes, who wouldn't want CTF with zombies? Overall though L4D is fucking awesome and if you haven't bought it or played the game yet then you suck and should hang your head in shame. Buy this game now and get in on the zombie killing action because its boat loads of fun!

Anyway here is a list of weapons i think would be cool to have in L4D, even if they are available for specific chapters or campaigns....

• Chainsaw - Iconic weapon of any zombie game and a powerful one for close combat. Refueled by using the contents of the many petrol cans dotted around the levels in the game and providing a small dilema for players. Is it worth them refueling the weapon or saving the petrol cans to use against waves of zombies?
  • Revolver - Upgrade the pistol(s) to a more powerful handgun thats a little slower at reloading and obviously has fewer shots to fire.
  • MP5 - Used by most police and security forces worldwide it would make sense to come across it in various levels of the game where we find police cars and such like.
  • Flashbang - Again used by police forces as a method of crowd control it could provide a group a few seconds extra to reload, regroup and such like as it stuns the zombie hordes.

Hamz
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hamz

So the highly anticipated survival-horror-coop-orientated-zombie-shooter from Valve was released today at 5am, in the UK anyway, and i was one of the brave, or sad, folks who stayed up to play it as soon as the game unlocked on Steam. And i haven't really stopped playing it since, infact its now nearlly 5pm and i've only just logged out to write this blog and share my thoughts.

First of all this game is intense and one thing i cannot stress enough is play it with people you trust. When there is so much going on, whether its a screaming horde of regular zombies or some devious zombie jumping out the shadows with a blood curdling howl as it pummels you to the floor. You really need to have people on your team to back you up when things get tough. I've been fortunate enough to play alongside a bunch of friends on Steam aswell as being unfortunate enough to play alongside a bunch of random people aswell. L4D is a game that really relies heavily on players knowing, trusting and being familiar with one another to achieve success against the undead. To use a term from MMO's it just doesn't end well if you have to PUG (pick up group) your way through the game.

The AI Director in the game is very clever and you find yourself experiencing a different style of gameplay each time you play one of the chapters in the 4 campaigns. I also found its very unforgiving too stupid players. In true horror movie style you'll get ripped apart if you stray too far ahead of the group or if you stray too far behind and hold the group up. One unfortunate French player in a group i was in kept straying behind to try and find pipebombs while the rest of us kept moving. Needless to say he was set upon by a group of somewhat pissed off zombies and we had to come back and rescue him a number of times. Sure we could have waited for him but like the old saying goes, "We can't stop here, this is bat country!"....or something along those lines. No two playthroughs ever really feel the same and you'll find yourself really saying "oh shit" when you walk outside the safe house into the loving arms of a Tank. And when you try to run back into the safe house and close the door you find the loving AI director has decided the door cannot be closed....

My only real gripes with the game, if you can consider them that, is that it left me wanting more. I didn't really feel satisfied after playing through each campaign and while yes i still have to go through them all again to get some of the campaign specific achievements. I really wished it was a little longer but i imagine thats where the higher difficulty settings and friends will add a lot of replay value to the game. The other thing is the variety of weapons on offer to help you ease the suffering of the ravenous hordes of undead you encounter. In a word there is very few weapons to be honest. You have the tier 1 set consisting of a basic pump action shotgun, uzi submachine gun and pistol(s) where as the tier 2 set consists of an M16, automatic shotgun and scoped hunting rifle. While secondary weapons such as pipebombs, molotov cocktails, petrol tanks and gas canisters can also be found dotted around the place.

It just seems a little boring at times when you come across the same suspiciously placed M16, hunting rifle and automatic shotgun in every safe house or obscure room in a building within each campaign's chapters. All the while starting off with the same choice of basic shotgun and uzi. I like variety in my options to kill the undead and L4D is somewhat limited in what it offers to carry out such mass slaughtering. I really do hope Valve bring out some updates before the new year to add in some more weapons and perhaps afterwards add in some more maps and campaigns to lengthen the experience. Because L4D is an awesome experience, it has such great atmosphere and replay value that the addition of extra content like new maps and weapons would increase that replay value and general great experience you have when you play the game.

If you've ever played Portal, another of Valve's creations, you'll probably remember the various hidden rooms and areas with messages written on the walls. Ramblings of previous participants in GLaDOS's cruel game like rats in a maze. Well L4D is similar to this in that if you take time to look through the many safe houses and levels you'll come across some entertaining messages such as "We waited for as long as we could, headed to Mercy Hospital, meet us there, Love...." and its these minor little details to the level design that help build up this atmosphere of solitude and despair. Even though you have 3 companions with you at all times you really can't help but feel alone in what is a city full of death, or undeath if you want to be picky.

Dialogue in L4D is immense. There is just tonnes of it and if you look in the games directory you'll see just how many sound files of dialogue each suvivor has. Like many of Valve's games the dialogue is of top quality and the voice acting is spot on. Facial animations and the general appearance and feeling you get from the survivors is very reminiscent of Alyx Vance in Half-Life 2 yet greatly improved. If there is one thing Valve does really well its bring a great deal of life and personification to its NPC's and characters in their games. Even the zombies have a degree of quality to them that makes you think "ok that could be a real zombie, even though i know its a bunch of pixels and code in a game". The general tone, feel and atmosphere within the game is greatly enhanced by the music that tends to pick up in a dramatic crescendo to let you know that something bad is coming your way.

Multiplayer in L4D comes in the form of Versus mode which i dabbled in briefly. It was fun to play as one of the infected and try to totally lick Zoey with my super long tongue, she was having none of it, but i couldn't help but feel it was way to one sided in favor of the infected. But it was somewhat fun when we utterly destroyed the survivors just outside their safe house and found ourselves suddenly in the same situation when the teams swapped over. Versus was fun but i think i'd much rather play coop on expert as the Versus mode just seems to me to be the player vs player, the multiplayer aspect to appeal to those few who must be able to play against other people and not a clever AI system. It just after awhile felt boring to either A.) Be constantly ripped apart only a few feet from a safe house door or B.) Keep spawning as a Hunter and wait 20 seconds sometimes to respawn.

Even though i have a few issues with L4D i think they can really be sorted out by further updates and support from Valve to both balance the game yet add too and extend the replay value of the game much like they have done with TF2. A few regular updates to add new maps, chapters or campaigns aswell as weapons and i'll be happy. Perhaps they can improve on the Versus mode aswell by maybe adding more maps or gameplay modes, who wouldn't want CTF with zombies? Overall though L4D is fucking awesome and if you haven't bought it or played the game yet then you suck and should hang your head in shame. Buy this game now and get in on the zombie killing action because its boat loads of fun!

Anyway here is a list of weapons i think would be cool to have in L4D, even if they are available for specific chapters or campaigns....

• Chainsaw - Iconic weapon of any zombie game and a powerful one for close combat. Refueled by using the contents of the many petrol cans dotted around the levels in the game and providing a small dilema for players. Is it worth them refueling the weapon or saving the petrol cans to use against waves of zombies?
  • Revolver - Upgrade the pistol(s) to a more powerful handgun thats a little slower at reloading and obviously has fewer shots to fire.
  • MP5 - Used by most police and security forces worldwide it would make sense to come across it in various levels of the game where we find police cars and such like.
  • Flashbang - Again used by police forces as a method of crowd control it could provide a group a few seconds extra to reload, regroup and such like as it stuns the zombie hordes.

Hamz
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

I like the weapon idea. They would be a great addition. :-)

Foil_Charizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Foil_Charizard

Sick weapon ideas, i think all of those would be great. The chainsaw could be one of the options instead of heavy weapons like the sniper and auto shoty. I tjink the infinite pisto ammo is kinda necessary though

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By brukaoru

I have no idea if this game would be radically different on the PC, but since I played the demo on the 360, all my impressions are based off that. Honestly, I just found the demo to be dreadful after playing through it a few times, it gets to be too repetitive for me. I found the zombies to be in predictable locations each time, so unless the AI director is immensely advanced in the full game compared to the demo, I don't see what the big fuss is about.

I think the aiming is bad, just shooting in their general direction would hit an enemy, it's like I didn't even need to try, just start mashing the RT when there is a horde around is a sure fire way to bring them down. Are there any other types of enemies in the game besides what's shown in the demo? If not, I don't see myself going through this game and actually enjoying it. After fighting these same mini-bosses, I was left unimpressed by their unsurprising tactics.

I do think a large part of the reason why I dislike it so much is because I just suck at the game, but my mediocre gaming skills has not stopped me from enjoying some other games that I perform poorly in... It definitely doesn't seem like I can enjoy Left 4 Dead, but I can see the appeal it has for other people.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
One thing I cannot stress enough is play it with people you trust. When there is so much going on, whether its a screaming horde of regular zombies or some devious zombie jumping out the shadows with a blood curdling howl as it pummels you to the floor. You really need to have people on your team to back you up when things get tough.

I cannot agree more. That's what this game rewards people working together as one fine tuned unit.

I would also say VC is a must too, it would be infuriating not having voice chat in this game.

I don't even have the game yet but have been discussing tactics with friends in great detail already :D

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By xruntime

I don't think this will catch on as much as TF2 did - but I still think it will be considered an excellent game and it will turn out to be a huge success.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

In the back of my head right now, Hamz, I'm screaming "yes, those weapons would be so fucking sweet".  However, the common sense and balance side of me is saying "those would ruin the game tremendously".  I mean, an MP5 instead of an assault rifle?  Eh.  Chainsaw?  Definitely not.  I love me a chainsaw, but in L4D, it would make plowing through a huge onslaught of zombies WAY too easy, even on Expert in some cases.  As for a Revolver, having a super powerful handgun would mean it replaces your pistols...which have unlimited ammo...so at that point, you might as well just keep the pistols you have now so your reload is faster.  I mean, in the zombie apocalypse, I don't want slow stuff.  And do flashbangs work on the undead?  I mean, if they can walk through water, they shouldn't get blinded by a flashbang.  Their corneas are already pretty much done.  I thought zombies really only went off the sense of smell and sound more than sight.

I think that the game is perfect the way that it is for weapons.  I do feel, however, that the content can be a bit lacking.  I mean, I can only do the same four maps over and over before I start saying "okay, so I need new maps".  Granted, on PC, you'll have all the mod content, so that's a huge thing for PC owners.  However, on 360...this game could very well wear down quickly...and especially if the DLC that gets offered isn't free DLC...

The lack of content is the ONLY thing keeping this game from being perfect.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Snail
Hamz said:
"Anyway here is a list of weapons i think would be cool to have in L4D, even if they are available for specific chapters or campaigns....

Hamz"
Haven't got the time to read all that right now, gotta run. But let me post this, these weapons would be awesome, not sure about the chainsaw though, a bit overpowered.
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Discorsi

This may sound weird but Left 4 Dead has me feeling like i did after beating Too Human.  They were both good games but they left me wanting so much more.  Also a few changes here and there would have made it many times better in both games.

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Psynapse

Great Blog Hamz, really good read.. But unfortunately i think i'll be one of those people that 'suck' and I think i'm going to pass on L4D at least until the new year.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thordain

I really want to see those weapons in L4D but I also want to buy L4D real soon, so maybe I can enjoy it more then you have Hamz.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xruntime

Personally, I'm passing on this game. I just don't see the longevity in it - especially with only four maps now, and a limited amount of content coming in later. It's shooting a bunch of zombies that run at you. Meh. The bosses and versus mode add some variety but it still feels like a single player campaign with a little longevity, and it just doesn't have that extra spark.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played this game yet, but has no Chainsaw . . . . .?! Well thats fucking stupid since its a damn zombie game, anyway the game looks good and Maybe Valve will put out some sequel or something that has more content.

eduardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By eduardo

I think chainsaws would be going over the line a little bit. These are normal people under extreme circumstances, it'd seem a bit over board to make them use a chainsaw, that's more of a fantasy-like reality. I'd agree with the rest, though, just not sure flashbangs would have much effect with zombies... oh well, if you take Land of the Dead as an example, it actually might. Remember the sky flowers?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jakob187
xruntime said:
"Personally, I'm passing on this game. I just don't see the longevity in it - especially with only four maps now, and a limited amount of content coming in later. It's shooting a bunch of zombies that run at you. Meh. The bosses and versus mode add some variety but it still feels like a single player campaign with a little longevity, and it just doesn't have that extra spark."
I can see a lot of people formulating this opinion.  The thing is that the AI is what makes the difference.  I would say play the demo, because you really can't understand the appeal of this game until you try it out...multiple times...on multiple difficulty settings.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hamz

Cheers for the replies folks!

My idea for the chainsaw and other weapons was more a novelty weapon you come across in certain areas on certain maps, not the entire game. For instance in the city you come across a few stores and places people tried to barricade themselves in. It would be more like "ok, found a chainsaw here, lets use it for as long as i can find fuel for it, or maybe i should discard it and use the cans of petrol like bombs" and so it adds a small dilema to the players journey. Then there is the fact its a heavy weapon, slow and cumbersome to use against swift and agile zombies. But ultimately i can see why it would seem overpowered and thats where Valve come in to balance it.

Flashbangs i admit may just be stupid in a zombie game but extend the imagination a little and it could be a nice distraction to allow you time to reload, run, or just shoot the hordes infront of you.

As for the game itself i'd say the demo really doesn't do is justice and having played it all now i have to say this game is really good. The Demo level was very simple, its the bits after it that generally make this game great, hell the demo level itself can be difficult on Expert as tanks and other boss level zombies seemed to appear more frequent in the final game than the demo.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jakob187
Hamz said:
"Cheers for the replies folks!

My idea for the chainsaw and other weapons was more a novelty weapon you come across in certain areas on certain maps, not the entire game. For instance in the city you come across a few stores and places people tried to barricade themselves in. It would be more like "ok, found a chainsaw here, lets use it for as long as i can find fuel for it, or maybe i should discard it and use the cans of petrol like bombs" and so it adds a small dilema to the players journey. Then there is the fact its a heavy weapon, slow and cumbersome to use against swift and agile zombies. But ultimately i can see why it would seem overpowered and thats where Valve come in to balance it.

Flashbangs i admit may just be stupid in a zombie game but extend the imagination a little and it could be a nice distraction to allow you time to reload, run, or just shoot the hordes infront of you.

As for the game itself i'd say the demo really doesn't do is justice and having played it all now i have to say this game is really good. The Demo level was very simple, its the bits after it that generally make this game great, hell the demo level itself can be difficult on Expert as tanks and other boss level zombies seemed to appear more frequent in the final game than the demo."
Those boss zombies pop up everywhere in the final game!!!  My GOD, it's insane!  lol
And I think you pointed out exactly why a lot of those weapons aren't in the game, although they are logical choices to put in:  they are slow.  Left 4 Dead has a frighteningly fast pace to it, and it would seem that Turtle Rock wanted to keep it that way.  Adding in the chainsaw or MP5 or anything like that...well, that's just overcomplicating it all and making it into Dead Rising as some point.  lol

Regardless, at least you thought of the stuff.  I was too busy thinking "ZOMFG I LOVE TEH ZOMBEE APOCKALYPSE!!!"
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Demilich

Just wait until the CS:S weapons are modded into L4D. The day is coming I assure you.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jakob187
Demilich said:
"Just wait until the CS:S weapons are modded into L4D. The day is coming I assure you."
Of course they will be.  360 owners don't have that, though, so it really makes me wonder how effective the game will continue to be on the console.
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Demilich

Forgive my ignorance, but suck shit to whoever bought L4D on 360. Serves you right.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By BoG

I have to say, while I have yet to play with people I know, I didn't think PUGs were too bad. I got with a few guys on XBL, and we quickly acqainted with each other. We did pretty well considering it was a PUG. I'm not all that worried about the community.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jakob187
Demilich said:
"Forgive my ignorance, but suck shit to whoever bought L4D on 360. Serves you right."
I'd get it on PC...if I had a PC to run it...and if, again for the third time, Valve weren't jerkoffs about Steam for gaming centers.

Valve makes you pay a $200 per PC per year license to run Steam on the PCs, and it's a special setup that they have where THEY put the games on the service that they will allow for play.  Left 4 Dead is NOT one of those options.  It's bullshit.  I mean, not the licensing cost.  That's all fine and dandy, muthafucka's gotta get paid, and I'm willing to pay them...but not $200 per PC per year for what is essentially 8 games (DoD:S, CS:S, HL:D, HL2:DM, DM, and the original CS + expansion...and of course, Peggle Extreme).

If they would let us actually buy other games, like say....oh....DEFCON!!!!  yeah, that would TOTALLY make me care more.  Until then, I deal with the 360 version.

BoG said:
"I have to say, while I have yet to play with people I know, I didn't think PUGs were too bad. I got with a few guys on XBL, and we quickly acqainted with each other. We did pretty well considering it was a PUG. I'm not all that worried about the community."
The only trouble I had is when the guys would get disconnected on the last chapter of a campaign and I would have to take on the rest of the undead alone with my computer AI teammates.  They seem to get dumber with increased difficulty settings.  =  /  You also have the fact that people jump out in the middle of a match because they've gotta go do laundry or dishes or just whatever, which sucks balls also.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Linkyshinks

The extra content will come in abundance on PC, but Valve have said they also intend to do a far better job this time in respect to the DLC on 360.   Still, A PC version means awesome mods to play round with. I cannot wait to those start appearing.

I have a feeling Valve will release something for the Christmas period, free for both communities. Boomers wearing Santa hats lol, bloodied tracks slay tracks in the snow, I cannot wait.

ChestyMcGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ChestyMcGee

Should be able to get Tear Gas. That's more used as croud control.

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Stevokenevo

I would be a little worried about the Friendly Fire involved with the chainsaw.  No better way to annoy your team during an onslaught than to accidentally decapitate all of their heads!!

I personally hope for more boss zombie choices and more variety of guns/grenades as you mentioned.  Also, character skins, even as mods.  Me and my friend were discussing it last night and we are certain that the A-Team needs to be modelled as the survivors!  

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By xruntime
jakob187 said:
"xruntime said:
"Personally, I'm passing on this game. I just don't see the longevity in it - especially with only four maps now, and a limited amount of content coming in later. It's shooting a bunch of zombies that run at you. Meh. The bosses and versus mode add some variety but it still feels like a single player campaign with a little longevity, and it just doesn't have that extra spark."
I can see a lot of people formulating this opinion.  The thing is that the AI is what makes the difference.  I would say play the demo, because you really can't understand the appeal of this game until you try it out...multiple times...on multiple difficulty settings."
Yes - I already did play the demo. That's what I'm basing my opinion on.

pill92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By pill92

I felt there should have been a larger variety of weapons =(

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice blog! a chainsaw would be killer. i want this game for xmas.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DualReaver

This game left me wishing I had some real friends... :(