• 106 results
Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Unilad

Mines a little unimpressive.....only 9 hours straight on the standard GTA day release.

How about you guys...whats the longest you ever 'marathoned' a game ?

I know guys who played 12 hours straight on FIFA Soccer....what the fuck?!

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By killacam

when god of war first came out, my friend and i rented it and were so blown away we ended up staying up all night, beating it in one sitting. it became a tradition that we followed for the next two. so, 14 hours or so, i guess.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By yinstarrunner

I'm pretty sure i played KOTOR 2 for 18 hours straight when i got it for Christmas one year. These days, I can't play the same game for more than an hour or so before i need to do something else.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By forkboy

@Unilad said:

Mines a little unimpressive.....only 9 hours straight on the standard GTA day release.

How about you guys...whats the longest you ever 'marathoned' a game ?

I know guys who played 12 hours straight on FIFA Soccer....what the fuck?!

On my study leave during exam time back in High School a friend would come around at about 10am & go home at 5pm, back again at 6pm for another 4 hours. Technically we were meant to be studying, but instead we played ISS: Pro Evolution 2. So that's 11 hours in one day over the course of five consecutive days, but there was a break for dinner in that.

But if we're talking about just straight up gaming sesion without any real break then I'm pretty sure I've had several sessions of Football Manager & Civilisation over the many iterations where I'd start playing on a weekend when I get up & don't stop paying until 3 or 4 in the morning. These sort of games I can just get lost in for ages. Europa Universalis 3 is another one I could easily lose 12 hours on.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Halo, original Xbox LAN linkup with 4 teams, the living room lager louts, the kitchen kaos factor, the Garage gangbangers and the spare bedroom suckfucks. 48 hours due to my parents being away for a week so we just turned the house into a lan, beer, ciggarette and pizza binge.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

like 7 years ago, played Soldier of Fortune with my then-best friend from 5 pm to 5 am and beat it. No breaks. Food and a heater beside us. Rain outside. Yeeeaaaaahhhh!

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Karl_Boss

Not very long

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Dagbiker

When i was younger, like 4-5 i would play Super Mario 3 from sun up till sun down on my week ends.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By BonOrbitz

12 straight hours of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on December 5, 2006. Work was called off because of a snow day. I think second longest was playing Wii Sports for 10 hours the day I got the Wii in '06 and then Halo 2 with friends back in '05.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By GunstarRed

Final Fantasy VII. Three days straight. A lot of Chocobo fucking/racing happened. Got Knights of the round. collapsed from tiredness.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By nintendoeats

Me and a friend played through all of Resident Evil 5 in one sitting.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm

I just did Max Payne 3 in about nine hours on Tuesday since I was off work.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By mosespippy

About 14 hours of Tony Hawk Underground when me and a buddy rented it once. I don't normally go over 4 anymore. When I was younger I'd do 6 to 8 at a time all the time. I remember November 2006 being pretty hardcore with FFXII and GTA VCS coming out on Oct 31. I had 100 hours of GTA and 200 hours of FFXII done by Nov 31, so that was almost 10 hours a day for the entire month.

salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By salarn

Not that often, but I do enjoy the odd marathon. Last was 16 hours for cataclysm.

It is hard to do when as you get older.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Winternet

I never counted so I can't tell for sure, but I never missed a meal so it can't be longer than 10 hours. Games? Well, Civilization would be at the top. RTS games, like Age of Empires or Warcraft. Sports/Racing games.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16  Edited By JTB123

I played RE4 for a solid 17 hours when I first got it, I played Halo Reach for about the same too after getting it at midnight.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

18ish hours one day in WoW I think. Those days are far behind me now...

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

There's a dude on twitch who plays the MGS games through seemingly non stop. Cutscenes included.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Pretty sure I played the second KOTOR for about 15 hours straight.

Avatar image for bombcastgoldthwait
BombcastGoldthwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played Fallout 3 for around 14 hours and some change.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By EarlessShrimp

When The Darkness came out... I think I finished it in one sitting.... well, I stopped to pee, eat, and pee and eat...

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By phrosnite

14-15 hours of DotA in a gaming/internet cafe. I've done it 2 or 3 times.

Socialone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Socialone

I played 13 hours of Diablo III over the 3 days, beat that.

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PDXSonic

I don't think I've had any incredibly long gaming marathon, but I'll throw down 4-6 hours somewhat frequently (with some breaks thrown in).

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Wemibelle

I don't like sitting still for that long anymore and usually get up every hour or two. Also, I like to play a bunch of different things in a day to mix things up, so I don't usually play one game all day. I have done it occasionally though.

I can think of two instances. The day Batman: Arkham City came out, I ended up playing through the whole thing in about 12 hours, surprising myself for sitting down and doing the whole thing. The other I can recall was the release of Wrath of the Lich King. For the two or three days around its release, I probably put in 12-14 hours a day on it trying to get to 80 as fast as possible.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sockemjetpack

I spent a good chunk of one summer playing FF7 for 12-18 hour marathons. I ended up being the support line for someone at my school for hints on breeding Chocobos. All of a sudden I would get a call from this guy. "Hey Dom. Where do you find Carob nuts again?"

Should of charged him 3 dollars a minute for that.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By penguindust

16 hours back when I played WOW. I'd start on Friday, play until 1 or 2 AM, sleep a few hours then play 16 hours on Saturday, then sleep and play for another 8 or so on Sunday. Yeah, I quit that game.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#28  Edited By musubi

I played 24 hours of Donkey Kong Country 64 once. Yeah, I know....I know.... of all the games to play for a day straight I picked fucking Donkey Kong. But I was young and stupid so I mostly forgive myself for it.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sbaitso

I played all the MGS games through nOn stop on my first playthroughs of them. Longest one was MGS3 which I played for something like 32 hours. MGS only took me about 12 and MGS2 took around 18 or so, but I play those games pretty slow, especially 3.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By InternetCrab

I remember me and 3 other friends were so hyped for Starcraft II, that when it was released we stayed up for about 21 hours. Just playing SC II. Really good times.

Giglionaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Giglionaire

Played the first assassins creed in one sitting, so that was maybe 14 hours. Then MGS4 in one sitting, dont remeber how long that was. Beat Red Dead Redemption in 3 days, and then i don't even want to try and remember how much of my life WoW and the Persona series took.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mandude

Holy shit, I could not even count. Most recently I played about 22 hours of Mount & Blade after someone here recommended it. I only stopped to sleep, and upon reawakening, I continued to play it.

Morrowind and Oblivion got a solid 14 hours a day from me for a few weeks until I completed them. These figures wouldn't be so low if sleep and work were not factors.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GoofyGoober

F.E.A.R, use to go on 10 hour online binges back when it first came out on the 360. I beat Heavenly sword in one 7 hour sitting when I got it.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#34  Edited By wefwefasdf

A little over 24 hours because of a Halo 3 LAN with friends plus picking up Halo 3: ODST at the midnight launch and playing it all of the way through.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By Justin258

I've beaten Halo 3 with my brother in one sitting before. Good times. We also spent all day playing the first one on Legendary before, but that was a while ago and we had breaks.

Anyway, longest non-stop gaming session save for the occasional pee and Cheez-It breaks? Dragon Age Origins. I had almost given up on the game, but I decided to roll a new character when I woke up real early one Saturday morning. So I had breakfast and made a new mage, and spent from about 8:00 AM to about 2:00 AM the next day playing it. Note that this includes getting up every now and then, but never for more than ten minutes or so.

Other than that? Nothing. I can't think of a single game I've played, non-stop, for longer than that. These days, I generally only play for two hours at most before I get up and do something else for a little while, but I do play games at least once a day, every day.

Damn, if in those middle school days I'd had the same number of games as I do now, every day would have been an infinite gaming session.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#36  Edited By KillyDarko

I think perhaps Championship Manager 2 with my cousin, when we were kids-- around 12h... maybe?

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By frankfartmouth

Probably when FF7 came out. I remember I started playing it in the early afternoon and didn't stop until after sunrise the next morning, so somewhere around 16-17 hours on that one.

God of War was another one. Rented it with a group of friends in the morning and didn't stop until we beat it that night, maybe 12 or 13 on that one.

Some of the Mortal Kombat 3 sessions on SNES between me and my friends went on about that long or longer, but I wasn't playing the whole time, so maybe that doesn't count.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Sayishere

Hmm, any mmo I played really would end up being like a whole weekend lol, war, wow, swg, aoc

DJ_EuroGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DJ_EuroGhost

@BombcastGoldthwait said:

I played Fallout 3 for around 14 hours and some change.

In one sitting my longest marathon is also Fallout 3, embarrassingly, mine was nine hours longer than yours xD

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I did quite a few marathons when I first got into Diablo 2, but I don't think I ever went 10+ hours.

jimbofletcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jimbofletcher

mines pretty crap like 2 hours basically never done 1 i prefer doing outdoor stuff

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By KaneRobot

Yeah, mine isn't overly impressive. Friend and I went through Actraiser in 1 sitting (which was well under 10 hours), usually trading off between SimCity parts and action parts. Only reason we did it was because we saw an ad in a magazine that said something like "we bet you can't beat this game before the year is over." Yeah, that wasn't much of a challenge.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By Sooty

Cataclysm launch - 72 hours

I could have died. I think I fell asleep for 3 hours during that, I just know my Raptr profile came up with a 'Came up for air after 72 hours of...'

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Did a 12 hour stint on Elite 2 Frontier on the Amiga back in the day. Loved that game! Remember some pretty long multiplayer sessions on Bad Company 1 and COD 4 but nothing as high as that.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShaneDev

I got a PS3 and MGS4 on a Friday morning and played it until half 3 in the morning and then played it early Saturday until about 8 o clock when I finished it. It totally wrecked me and I really shouldn't have done it but it was a pretty good game. That is the only really specific one I can remember but I played really long stretches of Halo and GTA in the past.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Scrawnto

I beat Tales of Symphonia with a few friends in a single weekend. I'm not sure how long we went without taking a break though.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By uhtaree

Played about 23 hours straight of cross-realm battlegrounds in WoW when I first discovered premade groups to farm honor points. Started 10am one Saturday then collapsed at 9am on sunday (that one really sticks with me). Pretty sure I did that at least once more with battlegrounds trying to gear out a toon in a day, and something similar leveling a character class I really wanted trying to beat a personal leveling record or something like that.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By UitDeToekomst

I don't think I've ever done more than about 6 hours or so. Most likely one or more of the Civ games. Maybe X-Com.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#49  Edited By pyromagnestir

Pulled an overnight-er playing Mass Effect 2. 20 hours perhaps. The only breaks I took were to walk the dog and make tea and breakfast. Only time I've ever done that, or anything close to that. Don't usually go past normal waking hours playing a game.

sashimi_biscut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By sashimi_biscut

I did a 3 day gaming binge of ME3 when it first came out. I regret caring that much after seeing the ending.