Looking for a low-focus RPG.

ItzVictory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So here's the situation. I'm looking for a low-spec MMORPG that I can play while paying minimal attention. What I mean by this is something similar to RuneScape, where I can train skills while watching netflix or something (For example in RuneScape, there's woodcutting, fletching, mining, etc. You just click and wait). Other than that, I'd want it to at least have a trial, because I don't mind buying it, so long as I can give it a go. I'd keep playing RuneScape, but I've played it for 11 years now and I'm getting border.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Swtor?

ItzVictory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anonymous_jesse:

Nah. That game seems like you have to be focusing to play it. I appreciate the suggestion though.

456nto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

11 years of Runescape sounds like a judicial punishment. I played it for about 4 or 5 years and I can attest to it being a painful experience.

Don't most people who play World of Warcraft have something else going on in a second monitor? It has a trial. It's probably your best bet. It's been years since I last played it, but from what I can remember, you don't need to be that involved or paying a lot of attention to progress.

CrimsonJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not exactly an RPG but I play a lot of Hearthstone while watching bombcrew videos.

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Choi

Any hotkey MMO in the vein of World of Warcraft... It's just TAB+1,2,3,4 for daaays son!

Even MMOs like WildStar or Guild Wars 2's PvE is such that you can space out and grind no problem although they're a bit more "action-y"...

Both have gone Free to Play this year so give it a go. (Keep in mind that in both games professions are a alot more involved than you described in Runescape)

EDIT: It sounds like you just want to click around and watch numbers go up. I suggest you also try Idle Clickers- something like Time Clickers. It's also free.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@choi: Clicker Heroes for best clicker.

You could just do a completely freaking lateral move and play Tibia all day.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it actually have to be an MMO? Because nowadays there are plenty of mobile RPGs that would probably serve your needs better than any kind of MMO.

ImmanuelKant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Granblue Fantasy. Become one with the gacha.

ItzVictory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the suggestions! For those recommending cookie clicker like games, that's not really what I want. I want to actually have some forum of community interaction.

I'll check out wildstart.

And to the person saying that it sounds like a punishment, eh. I agree. I've been playing it since I was 5 years old though, so I just play it because it's so ingrained into my mind lol.

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

If you're talking about just running around grinding with minimal attention? Maybe Guild Wars 2. It's was a paid game, no subscription, but they added a free mode earlier this year (with some account restrictions, and no access to the paid expansion).

FFXIV - you can fish by sound (easy with a 360 controller) for a while, but you eventually stop catching if you fish the same spot/zone forever (intended to limit bots/gilfarmers). Has a 14-day trial.

benjo_t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Diablo 3 is online and allows you to mindlessly grind infinite Paragon levels, could be your thing. Not an MMO though.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Is Runes of Magic still around? They basically set out to make a WoW clone, then integrated all of the automation mods. All Resource nodes are unique per player (years before WoW made something similar), you click quest objectives and it'll auto-run you there, you click quest mob names and they'll highlight on your map, etc.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Getz

Well of Souls? Game is old as dirt now but I remember having fun with it when I was a kid. You can even load modules in to for infinite gameplay!

Plus it's totally mindless, just click click click away.

edit: I just downloaded it to see if anyone was still playing. They're not. Game holds up fairly well though, more than I expected.

devilgunman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly recommend FFXIV. Crafting and gathering in that game require little to no attention. You can casually do it while watching TV and get a very nice progress hours later.